Gremlins 3 Rumoured In 3D!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Monster

Super Freak
Reaction score
Gremlins 3 Rumoured – In 3D
Posted by Jon Lyus on January 25, 2010

With James Cameron’s Avatar eating up the box office competition leaving chewed up previous top earners in its wake there should be no surprise that any and every possible film is being given that extra special third dimension.

Many of the sequels, threequels and remakes of the recent decades are getting the 3D treatment and the rumours going around that the third Gremlins film (if it happens at all) will be in 3D are curious, if ineivtable.

There’s something strangely fitting for Gremlins 3 to actually be Gremlins 3D, as it plays to the B-movie aspect so wonderfully aped by Joe Dante’s original.

Now we’re in the wave of another revival for 3D, with skepticism riding alongside it, opinions on the necessity of a third dimension vary, and to convince a waiting world that this isn’t a gimmick may prove difficult. You can already imagine the tagline – ‘3 Films, 3 Rules, 3 Dimensions’. Hmmm.

The rumour was found via Empire at Market Saw.

:rock :D

yep , cgi would suck for Gremlins. Really suck. I couldn't get used to the cgi endo in Salvation , for gremlins it would be even worse.
If there is going to be a gremlins 3 I have a feeling its going to be a long time before we see it.

They better not be CG. Thats what made the Gremlins so awesome. That they found all different ways of making the puppets do different things. Very fun movie IMO.

Gizmo would be even worse in cgi than the gremlins. Even if they didn't use it for most of the scenes I'm sure it would pop up now and then to make things a little easier for them in complicated situations.

Do Gremlins qualify as Aliens or Robots?

CG and 3-D have come to a point where even I can accept them, but with the creative talents of Rick Baker's team in live puppet effects, it's not really needed on this. Since it will no doubt be geared toward kids, it has to be 3-D these days. I don't mind 3-D, but I do mind the extra money they expect me to pay for it.

All in all, I'm happy to know there is more Gremlin action on the way, maybe. One of my childhood faves.

I can see how some 3D would help. Gremlin's 2 was terribad ;x

I enjoyed Gremlins 2, it's a very good sequel.

Gremlins2Daffy.jpg

...i want one of these

I hear ya.

One question about Gremlins 2....did you enjoy the scene with the "Hulkster" HULK HOGAN?

I love Hulk Hogan. Big old school wrestling fan and to see him in a Gremlins film was really odd but really cool too. I do agree about tastes in comedy I guess some people got Gremlins 2 and some people just didn't. You can't really take the piss out a movie thats already taking the piss out of itself so it's all good.

I personally LOVED seeing the Hulkster it was outta left field but i found it hysterical.

I classify GREMLINS with GHOSTBUSTERS in a Horror/Comedy catergory...we need more movies like this.

funny, both came out in 1984...84 was a GREAT year for movies

Back