New SDCC Update Magazine Out today :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Just got mine today and it has a list of the hotels in it that will have rooms up on the 15th when you can reserve them with SDCC. The prices are pretty good so be prepared for when they go on sale at 9 am PST on the 15th.

I'll be ready at that time on the 15th to book a room. I think I'm finally going to go this year!

Last edited:
And remember always get a hotel that has the CCI shuttle service. It makes it much easier. Or you can pay a little more and stay in the closer hotels. Of the closer hotels the Hyatt isn't too badly priced I must say.

Oh and having many roommates also cuts down on the cost. :D

Good grief I can't wait till comic-con.

Hey, Josh- How did you get this magazine? I would like to have my mind made up before the morning of the 15th. I attended last year and got a postcard telling me about the 15th, but no magazine filling me in on the hotel choices or rates.

Last edited:
The magazine just came in the mail to me yesterday. If you didn't get it yesterday I'm sure it will come your way soon. Since you already went last year it seems you should be on the list to recieve it.

Sorry for stepping on your toes Josh if you wanted to really answer the question. :D

It's cool CA. All I did was put myself on the mailing list.

TheWitchKing said:
Josh

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER!
.And your doing it again this summer. :chug

No problem :)

I thinking about attending 2007....I have a question .I looked at the update, are the prices per room or per person......so in theory if I get a room mate my costs half?

Prices are per room, although there is usually an extra charge for more people in the room.

Darklord Dave said:
Prices are per room, although there is usually an extra charge for more people in the room.

Or you just don't say how many people you'll have in your room. Cuts down on that "extra" cost per extra people. But you didn't hear that from me. :naughty

The most comic-con roommates I've had would be 7 people in a double room...though that was 3 years ago and I don't think I'll go that route again hehe.

I'm going with one other person, but it's still going to break me to afford a hotel that's close. Here's hoping that the rates are good.... I will go no matter what, even if I have to sleep in a box!! But here's to hoping I won't have that happen...

I have found some package deals on Expedia and other travel sites as low as $420 per person (2 of us) for flights and hotel the full 4 days...

Anything you find on Expedia, probably won't include the best hotels. They've all blocked out their rooms for Travel Planners and won't go on sale until the 15th. However if the Expedia deals do include hotels in and around the convention center, I'd jump on it.

Back