The Official Mark 3 Iron Man 1:2 Scale Maquette with Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

averone

Super Freak
Reaction score
UPDATED Jan 23 8PM!
New pics added on page 12!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70650&page=12

I am not big on words and just like to use my camera to do the talking. Yet this time I am compelled to add a quick review to this thread. After for what most of us went through with the Sideshow 1:1 bust, to get this fantastic statue and in much better paint app, quality and packaging, I have to say hats off to you Sideshow for providing me and my fellow IM fans/fanatics the soon to be the ultimate IM grail!
It was unfortunate to see Batman29 both beat me to the punch and see his statue be damaged in shipping! Yet I cant thank him enough for his time and effort to provide us with the first photos! After anxiously opening my statue I was pleasantly treated to an on hand presentation that surpassed my every expectation.

The packing I think is as good as its going to get, everything was used...stryo, padding, padded film/plastic, and tape. It was packed well and came with a QC sticker right on top!
Surprise, surprise! It was immaculate!

Assembly was easy and if you can lift 50lbs you should be able to do it yourself. Just take care inserting the leg pins.

Ok, the quality of paint application is so much better than the 1:1 paint that it makes this statue look like its painted in gold and automotive red paint!
Yes there are some rough edges but they are cleverly covered up in the right spots by oil marks. These are on the groin area, under the arm area, and under the shoulderpads.
There is also a true shine to the gold that we dont see on the 1:1 bust. Looks like they used some type of gloss paint on top of the initial paint up.

Ok my only complaint is that the chest light blinds you! Its even bright in the daylight!!
For night photo shoots I had a heck of a time getting any good photos on this statue!

So is it worth $2K, I really think so! And I am not saying this cause I am an IM fan!
I have many statues in my collection and they have to be hand painted commissioned jobs to come close to the paint app on this statue!

What else can I say? If your on the fence about his, dont hesitate jump in and enjoy one the best collectible movie statues in a decade!
Nice going Sideshow!

Many thanks everyone for your kind comments and your support!

God bliss and see you on the forum!

Alex A.

Last edited:
I thought it was frowned upon to start a photo thread without actually posting photos? I'm disappointed at the lack thereof.

I thought it was frowned upon to start a photo thread without actually posting photos? I'm disappointed at the lack thereof.

I am sorry my man!

I just heard that Batman29's statue came in damaged! :monkey2!

I am so sorry!

Not the best way to start this thread!

I guess now its up to me!!

I am sorry my man!

I just heard that Batman29's statue came in damaged! :monkey2!

I am so sorry!

Not the best way to start this thread!

I guess now its up to me!!

:monkey2........... Let's Hope it is not a Trend........Ave,,,did he tell you what happened?

His arm is broken cleanly at the shoulders!

I, along with all of you am eager to see some pictures. We will find out!

Post photos of the damage so we can get an idea of what could happen.

Post photos of the damage so we can get an idea of what could happen.

I am waiting along with you!
I am sure it will be tomorrow before we see them!

Now its going to be even a longer wait for me!
Mike, what is your experience with FDX?
They are not careful are they?

Depends on the driver really. My Fed-Ex driver is fantastic, he rings the bell and carries my stuff even into the house for me. When he leaves things that are without signatures he makes sure they are out of plain sight. My local UPS driver has literally delivered my packages to another address in my development that doesn't even have the same street name or number as mine.

Pics will be here within the hour guys. It is nothing fancy, just the boxes, the piece in the case and the break, along with my thoughts. The images are just loading up in photobucket.

Averone, sorry man, I really wanted to post pics of this beauty for this, and make it a cooperative effort between the two of us to start it off. Should have waited until I made sure there was no damage.

Pics will be here within the hour guys. It is nothing fancy, just the boxes, the piece in the case and the break, along with my thoughts. The images are just loading up in photobucket.

Sorry to hear about the break. :(

Good or bad we need to see!
Thank you so much for your time and effort.
Sorry to see the first one damaged!

Averone, sorry man, I really wanted to post pics of this beauty for this, and make it a cooperative effort between the two of us to start it off. Should have waited until I made sure there was no damage.

Sorry to hear about the damage Batman29.

Mine's coming next week. Fedex better be careful with it.

Last edited:
Well everyone, I hope that people read this, not just look at the pics and make unsound judgements (like that would ever happen in a forum would it? :lol )

First of all, let me begin by apologizing for the hype. I guess I just did not expect it to be broken, and thought I would show the experience as it was unraveled. Well I guess i kind of am. Also, I truly wanted to make this a cooperative effort with Averone, but again, I should have checked it in much more detail first. Threads with pics in title should be started that way, and it was my mistake not Averone's in getting it started.

Next, it needs to be clearly understood that this is simply a shipment that arrived damaged, it has no bearing on whether or not it is a great statue or dud one. Unfortunately, as all of us can attest too, every once in a while, a broken piece comes our way. And this one was just chance that it did, nothing else, and again, NO REFLECTION ON THE STATUE!

The piece is spectacular. I did prop it up on the base, and light it up. Even with one arm missing it makes a statement with presence.

For the most part, SS did an excellent job with the paint. If you run your hands on the statue it is smooth except for a few places. On the inside of the thigh as you go up the groin the finish becomes rough, like it was not sanded properly, but in no way effects the appearance. Same under the arms as you get close to the "pits".

The lights, well, they are bright, especially the center one. I was close to it when I turned it on and its intensity stung my eyes. I would have liked the head to be tilted a bit higher, but this is just a subjective thing.

The grease marks. Yes, IMO, they are grease marks painted on, and they are put in the correct places,as what would be there for a suit with motorized parts to it, and joints. The grease marks gives the look that the suit has been used, but still in awesome condition. I am fine with these marks.

As disappointed as I am in this being broken, I will get a replacement for this. It just simply makes a great statement in the 1:2 scale arena

I still think something like this, or the 1:2 Endo should have boxes which are a bit classier. If you have ever gotten a CM piece, you know exactly what I mean.

Again, these pics are in NO WAY intended to take away from what is truly a simple but beautiful piece.

My hope is that as soon as Averone gets his pics will be posted ... and possibly this thread may be edited by the mods so that it does begin with pics like Averone and I intended it to be.

Thanks to all who offered sympathies!

IMG_7109.jpg

IMG_7110.jpg

IMG_7115.jpg

IMG_7116.jpg

Well everyone, I hope that people read this, not just look at the pics and make unsound judgements (like that would ever happen in a forum would it? :lol )

First of all, let me begin by apologizing for the hype. I guess I just did not expect it to be broken, and thought I would show the experience as it was unraveled. Well I guess i kind of am. Also, I truly wanted to make this a cooperative effort with Averone, but again, I should have checked it in much more detail first. Threads with pics in title should be started that way, and it was my mistake not Averone's in getting it started.

Next, it needs to be clearly understood that this is simply a shipment that arrived damaged, it has no bearing on whether or not it is a great statue or dud one. Unfortunately, as all of us can attest too, every once in a while, a broken piece comes our way. And this one was just chance that it did, nothing else, and again, NO REFLECTION ON THE STATUE!

The piece is spectacular. I did prop it up on the base, and light it up. Even with one arm missing it makes a statement with presence.

For the most part, SS did an excellent job with the paint. If you run your hands on the statue it is smooth except for a few places. On the inside of the thigh as you go up the groin the finish becomes rough, like it was not sanded properly, but in no way effects the appearance. Same under the arms as you get close to the "pits".

The lights, well, they are bright, especially the center one. I was close to it when I turned it on and its intensity stung my eyes. I would have liked the head to be tilted a bit higher, but this is just a subjective thing.

The grease marks. Yes, IMO, they are grease marks painted on, and they are put in the correct places,as what would be there for a suit with motorized parts to it, and joints. The grease marks gives the look that the suit has been used, but still in awesome condition. I am fine with these marks.

As disappointed as I am in this being broken, I will get a replacement for this. It just simply makes a great statement in the 1:2 scale arena

I still think something like this, or the 1:2 Endo should have boxes which are a bit classier. If you have ever gotten a CM piece, you know exactly what I mean.

Again, these pics are in NO WAY intended to take away from what is truly a simple but beautiful piece.

My hope is that as soon as Averone gets his pics will be posted ... and possibly this thread may be edited by the mods so that it does begin with pics like Averone and I intended it to be.

Thanks to all who offered sympathies!

IMG_7109.jpg

IMG_7110.jpg

IMG_7115.jpg

IMG_7116.jpg

Wow....that paint looks much better than I was expecting.

I will wait to see a few more pics before I place my order.

Does it appear to have the same finish as the 1:1 bust did in terms of un-even surface? How do the joints look detail wise?

Chris

Back