Aliens Comic Books (Opinions and Reviews)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.L.I.E.N

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have recently started to pick up my old Aliens comics again. Some really neat ones and others..... Well I wanted to know if anyone else here on the forum read them or is currently reading them. What do you think of them? Any recommendations? :borg

I just burned through the Aliens Omnibus Volume 1. Starting Volume 2 now. I enjoy the different stories and like seeing some of the old characters still alive, but some of the stuff they introduce is a little odd.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just burned through the Aliens Omnibus Volume 1. Starting Volume 2 now. I enjoy the different stories and like seeing some of the old characters still alive, but some of the stuff they introduce is a little odd.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Good to meet a fellow fan :borg

I very much agree with you. The Alien as a being is quite frightening if you consider its possibilities in reality. I think a strong story based on the species reaching Earth & propogating, could be an awesome movie. The comics give us that scenario and more.

Also, I admire how the Alien adapts and develops retaining traits it "borrows" from its host, like with the Alien 3 "Dog Alien". Put them on a planet like Earth with millions of species suitable as hosts and the possibilities are endless.

Labrynth!!!

Read it, love it, see the similarities to Alien 4, wonder why they didn't make Labrynth into a movie instead of Alien 4.

I only really got interested in the comics a couple of years ago, and managed to find the first DH series that started after Aliens.
Overall I found the art really terrible, and to be honest, the storyline quite convoluted.
Agree with Shanester, I didn't like the Space Jockey's involvement at all.
So I don't really recommend that first story arch very much.

The loose stories are much better.
Three of my favorites are on the Omnibus 3: Labyrinth, Sacrifice and Salvation.
Another that I highly recommend is Alchemy, very very cool storyline.

I've got the green leather bound slipcased version of the original series. It's a decent read. Interesting because it was printed before alien 3 so it continues the story of newt and hicks. After alien 3 they reprinted them with different names.

I love the Aliens comics...the Vol 1 omnibus is so great. I love seeing the xenomorphs drawn. I added Mark Verheiden on facebook and e-mailed him saying how great his writing is and he wrote back saying cheers!

I've got the green leather bound slipcased version of the original series. It's a decent read. Interesting because it was printed before alien 3 so it continues the story of newt and hicks. After alien 3 they reprinted them with different names.

i have this too - one of my fav HC graphic novels. makes for a good read.

If anyone is interested in picking up some of the older comics, I have some just sitting on the shelf. Would be happy to get them to someone who would appreciate them.

IMG_1520.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_1523.JPG

I thought I had a for sale thread, but couldn't find it. I wont solicit it any further, if interested, PM me.

Labryinth is the only good Alien story. Great art too...and the single most disturbing moment ever from the Alien saga story thing....Church's Hive Escape. The rest are trash. Well...actually, Nightmare Asylum has GREAT Art.

Hix and Newt are dead, alright, can we stop now? :D

I wondered why they did that. Confusing indeed.

My recommendations (and I've read ALL of them) would be...

1. ALIENS: Book 2 (retitled Nightmare Asylum) = FANTASTIC art and a killer story. This would have been a PERFECT sequel to the movie ALIENS.

2. ALIENS: LABYRINTH = Again, AMAZING art (one my favorite Alien designs) and a killer story. As CP said above, the whole story of what happens inside an Alien hive is disturbing and fascinating.

3. ALIENS vs. PREDATOR (the original) = Yeah, I know...but this is what the movie should have been. Great art and one of THE BEST stories ever written for these creatures.

I would also recommend picking up the "one shot" comics. These have, for the most part, surpassed alot of the lengthier comics in story and art.

My recommendations (and I've read ALL of them) would be...

1. ALIENS: Book 2 (retitled Nightmare Asylum) = FANTASTIC art and a killer story. This would have been a PERFECT sequel to the movie ALIENS.

2. ALIENS: LABYRINTH = Again, AMAZING art (one my favorite Alien designs) and a killer story. As CP said above, the whole story of what happens inside an Alien hive is disturbing and fascinating.

3. ALIENS vs. PREDATOR (the original) = Yeah, I know...but this is what the movie should have been. Great art and one of THE BEST stories ever written for these creatures.

I would also recommend picking up the "one shot" comics. These have, for the most part, surpassed alot of the lengthier comics in story and art.

Oh ____! I forgot about AvP. Good stuff indeed. The book aint bad either. Prey they called it. If they took out that Yautja crap, it would be better imo.

I loved Broken Tusk...and really felt sorry for him when he died. Pretty moving.

Yeah, ALIENS: PIG was good.

As for AvP stuff...who can forget ALIENS vs PREDATOR: DUEL

avpd1.jpg
avpd2.jpg

Last edited:
No prob. Dave's Predalien is sick.

Take out those dreads, and it's my favorite. But as it stands, my favorite Predalien is this....

predalien-7.jpg

Worst is this piece of crap. Never have I seen something so ghastly offensive in a film.
predalien2finalyg3.jpg

Back