Captain America PF Problem?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JediFirefly

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I got an exclusive Captain America Premium Format not long after it was released. I got it from Sideshow as a wait list conversion. Since I have had it is has been displayed with his modern head and shield. I decided to change it and display with the WWII stuff. Well the WWII head does not sit right. As far as I can tell I have it in right but there is a big cap between the head and his body. (see pictures posted)
Has anybody had a similar problem and maybe just didn't have it in right. Or has anyone heard of a problem like this? I cant believe I would have missed this when I got it but when I think about it I don't actually think I put this head on when I first got it.

cap2.jpg

cap3.jpg

cap4.jpg

cap5.jpg

... I don't actually think I put this head on when I first got it.

Sorry man, but I think that is the problem. It happened to me once that one statue (dagger) didn't fit into the base, it happens sometimes...that's why Sideshow suggests inspecting them

Hmmmm....I'd find a way to make it fit. From the "head on" view, it doesn't look that bad.

Are you sure it doesn't require a little more "elbow grease"?

Thats one hell of a gap. Looks like an issue with the casting.

Yeah when I look at it better that's what I think the problem is.

Hmmmm....I'd find a way to make it fit. From the "head on" view, it doesn't look that bad.

Are you sure it doesn't require a little more "elbow grease"?

It connects with a powerful magnet so it is hard to try to shift it around.

Luckily it is not noticeable right away only when you get up closer to it.

Yeah when I look at it better that's what I think the problem is.

It connects with a powerful magnet so it is hard to try to shift it around.

Luckily it is not noticeable right away only when you get up closer to it.

Ah, that's right. I own one too believe it or not. :lol I forgot about the magnets. :banghead

Honestly, like you said, I don't think it's that bad. Sure, you can find pics to accent it more. But from head on, I don't really notice it.

I'd be happy that his helmet wings are still intact!! Apparently, those have some shipping issues. :lol

I own Cap too, and I don't believe he comes with magnets.

In fact at one time I owned two Caps.

No, I'm pretty sure he does because I remember the back of his chang-o-hands having them. I don't have it in front of me, but I could have sworn they did.

The Cap heads do have magnets, which might be your problem. Make sure the magnet disc is recessed inside the neck area and not sticking out on that higher left hand side.
I just did a good comparison of your Cap head with the one I have and it looks ok. If your other head fits perfectly you could try shaving off small amounts of the neck plug section on the left hand side to see if it helps tip the head to the left.
Good luck with mate.

So i took a better look at my statue. I am pretty sure it was a casting problem and that some how that side got pushed up before it dried or something. I am not to concerned about it. Like others have said depending on how it is displayed you cant notice it unless you get up closer. Still my favorite statue that I own.

Sorry to hear about the gap. It would be nice if producing these things were a more perfect science. As a rule, I always inspect pieces upon delivery. However now, I also try to make sure the pieces fit as you just can't tell by looking.

As an aside, it drives me batty when eBay sellers refuse to inspect a piece for damages. How can they call a piece NM if they've never seen it? I don't end up bidding as a result.

The Cap heads do have magnets, which might be your problem. Make sure the magnet disc is recessed inside the neck area and not sticking out on that higher left hand side.
I just did a good comparison of your Cap head with the one I have and it looks ok. If your other head fits perfectly you could try shaving off small amounts of the neck plug section on the left hand side to see if it helps tip the head to the left.
Good luck with mate.

This is what I would suggest but I would be careful about taking off a smidge at a time.

Back