Spartacus on Starz (spoilers for US aired episodes!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spartacus Blood and Sand

I'd really like to see it, but I don't have Starz. Will probably buy it on DVD though.

I'm hopeful that it's going to be good...

I miss HBO's Rome. :monkey2

This looks frakkin' epic. Will record this and probably watch saturday morning. I didn't know it was coming out this soon :rock:rock:rock:rock

Watched it last night on Comcast, they had the first episode in their free HD on Demand menu under Encore (which is Starz's free movie channel).

Didn't remind me to much of Rome really (have only seen season 1 of Rome) but was much more in tone with 300 and Xena. The violence was highly stylized and the blood spatter reminded more of a video game than a movie. There was a lot of nudity both male and female.

It started a bit slow but picked up as it went along. Some of the green screen/CGI shots looked bad especially when it panned out or had overhead shots.

Not sure I'd subscribe to Starz just for the show but I'd probably buy it on DVD if the price was right.

Evan

The ads do nothing for me so I have no desire to watch it.

I would love to see this but I don't have Starz. I love this kind of stuff.

I just added Starz to my list of channels just to see this!

Should be good in HD!

Watched it last night. I enjoyed it. I think it will get better as the story moves along. Does anyone know if encore will keep showing episodes on demand? If so I don't have a reason to get stars. It's only $7 a month extra. I mean really thats not too bad.

It's a decent show. Watched the first two episodes a few weeks back when they were released online. Has a Gladiator/300 feel to it.

Yeah they even stole some movie lines. The one that comes to mind is "Hold the line!" LOL!

Like others I want to watch it, but don't have Starz. Is it on Hulu?? I'll probably end up downloading them and if I like it enough I'll buy it on Blu.

How far into the season is this? Sounds interesting, just not sure how much catching up I have to do.

i think it was just alright.

The use of the blood is just over done ... and the background shots are just bad in some parts... it's like, yeah, they are fake... so what.

Back