Jurassic Park license, please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwood49

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sideshow, this is one license that none of the high-end companies (outside of Icons) have ever gone after.

Since SS has such a close relationship with Stan Winston Studios, think of the possibilities:

1. Velociraptor 1/4 maquette done with the same quality as the Predator 1/4.

The perfect example of what I want already exists in the SWS display room. Go to https://www.stanwinstonstudio.com/home.html then click on "Behind the Scenes" ----> "Studio Tour" ----> "Display Room". Scroll over to the right and check out the 2 Raptor maquettes on the table in the diorama.

I want a maquette like that! There are also numerous other non-Jurassic Park things in that room that I'd love for you guys to make.
Other possibilities
2. Velociraptor 1:1 bust
3. Dilophosaurus 1/4 maquette
4. 1:1 maquette of the Compys from the Lost World
5. T-Rex 1/4 Scale bust

Props
6. Night Vision Goggles
7. Raptor Claw (made by Icons already, but there are only a few out there)
8. Hammond's Cane (a few fan made replicas, but nothing licensed yet)
9. Barbasol Can (See Hammond's cane)

1/4 figures
10. Grant
11. Malcolm

This is just a sampling of what you could come up with. I can think of numerous other dinosaur maquettes that I'd love to see. Work with Stan Winston and make it happen please!:joy

You know that I would LOVE this!

:)

Bring on a HUGE T-Rex full statue.

Great ideas for other pieces Elwood.

I liked the JP movies.. well, 1 anyway.. But what I have with merchandise of movies/tv shows etc .. it is that it should be recognizable as something from that movie/tv show immediately. Though I LOVE dino's.. I would never buy a T-rex or whatever simply because you would not see it would come from JP e.g. It's a T-rex.. a Dinosaur.. I have the same with the so called V-Rex bust for example from Weta. It's a great "statue" but it is too "general".. You see a dinosaur but it can be from whatever movie/tv show where dino's play a part in. I hope I 'm making myself clear. :) And the persons of JP aren''t that interesting really. Just IMHO ofcourse. :)

There has never been a definitive T-Rex from the Jurassic Park series. I always wanted one and would still love one. Maybe even a vs. type statue with the t-rex and raptors from the end of JP 1.

Stan Winston and his crew's designs for the Jurassic Park dinosaurs, while accurate in many ways, are unique enough to be distinguished from a "generic" dinosaur. The dilophosaurus is a perfect example, as the head and jaw shape is wildly inaccurate and distinctive to Jurassic Park (especially that film, as it has yet to appear in the sequels). The tyrannosaurs from the Jurassic Park films are also easily identifiable from "generic" dinosaurs, again due to slight inaccuracies and embellishments. The depth of the jaws and exaggerated snout-ridge often sets a JP tyrannosaur apart from various pretenders to the cinema dinosaur throne.

Jurassic Park is the one license SSC could get that would truly make me a completionist.

Hydralisk said:
Stan Winston and his crew's designs for the Jurassic Park dinosaurs, while accurate in many ways, are unique enough to be distinguished from a "generic" dinosaur. The dilophosaurus is a perfect example, as the head and jaw shape is wildly inaccurate and distinctive to Jurassic Park (especially that film, as it has yet to appear in the sequels). The tyrannosaurs from the Jurassic Park films are also easily identifiable from "generic" dinosaurs, again due to slight inaccuracies and embellishments. The depth of the jaws and exaggerated snout-ridge often sets a JP tyrannosaur apart from various pretenders to the cinema dinosaur throne.

Extremely well said. The SWS dinos are instantly recognizeable. Even some of them are such big stretches (the Dilophosaurus's frills) that you could never mistake these for anything based on real life. SWS obviously took some liberties with the designs. Saying they're not unique is like saying King Kong is "just some ape."

I could instantly tell if a T-Rex was based on JP if I saw a statue of one. It's vastly different (and better, IMO) than the Rex in Kong.

Anakin said:
,..can you imagine a jp license?,... :horror :horror :horror

I know, with dinosaur maquettes and 1:1 busts made by the original effects company!:google

Sideshow, look at the reaction here already. Please make it happen!:banana

Jurassic Park collectibles?

This thought occurred to be relatively recently. With Sideshow already having such a close relationship with Stan Winston Studios, producing Terminator, Predator, and Alien collectibles of astonishing quality, anyone think it's a possibility that we could eventualyl see collectibles of the Jurassic Park dinosaurs? The T.rex, Velociraptors, and Dilophosaurus (this dinosaur in particular) all present spectacular opportunities for great pieces that would attract collectors. Now with the buzz abound of the JAWS maquette, could other creatures from Spielberg's films be on the horizon? Any thoughts?

Re: Jurassic Park collectibles?

My apologies. I didn't realize that there were so many other board members clamoring for these as well!!! I'll be posting in that thread, sorry for the oversight...

I accidentally posted another thread about this (very odd how we seem to be on the same wavelength). The first movie collectibles I ever seriously collected were Jurassic Park, but those were just the toy line primarily. We were provided with VERY little else, and most captured the likenesses of the dinosaurs very poorly! This is where Sideshow has a real opportunity. The SPIELBERG Jurassic Park films (meaning that I am excluding the embarassing third installment), have always been tied with LOTR as my favorite films of all time. Jurassic Park defined my youth, and then when LOTR came out, I finally had another series that captured the magic I had beheld earlier, again taking me away to a world where mystery and fantasy blend in a manner that could only engulf my entire life (and money :rolleyes: ). Imagine what we could have?

A 1/6 scale Dilophosaurus maquette with frill fully extended in attack position (all the vibrant colors and an extra coat of gloss on the frill would make for a breathtaking creature)

Velociraptor 1:1 bust, foot claw, or 1/6 scale maquette (either the versions from JP or TLW would do fine, being that both had different color schemes, the males in TLW having tiger stripes, the females having slightly less vibrant stripes, and the females in JP having the mottled brown coloration)

A 1/4 scale T.rex bust, 1/6 scale T.rex maquette; my dream would be for a 1/6 maquette set of the TLW T.rex family, catching the intricate details distinguishing the male and female, with the female in light brown/tan with brown stripes, and the male having largely green mixed with brown, yellow/tan stripes, battle scars, and an added neck wattle. That's a bit overly wishful on my part, but it would be a dream come true. A bust of the male T.rex has many possibilities to capture so many details.

1:1 compy maquettes (what collector wouldn't want to have one of these little fellows perched on their desk with that inquisitive yet slightly sinister gaze)

12" John Hammond
12" Robert Muldoon
12" Alan Grant
12" Ian Malcolm
12" Roland Tembo

I've seen many versions of Hammond's cane done in the past, but none appear to be really true to the film version. A replica of the cane would be snatched up in abundance.

Incidentally I'm all for diorama pieces here as well. Imagine the JP T.rex hovering over a Ford Explorer, the Velociraptor pair stalking in the kitchen, or even the TLW adult T.rex pair stalking outside the trailer. The possibilities here are seemingly endless. We need to get on this and see what Sideshow can do! They are doubtless capable of manufacturing many if not all of these in brilliant quality!

Last edited:
I'm with you guys.... JP is the film that opened my eyes to this entire art form, and FX appreciation in general. It's certainly a dream license. If Sideshow ever did any JP stuff, THIS is what I would sell my first born for---

The original 1/5 scale T-Rex maquette. Full Sized.

Rex%201.jpg

Rex%202.jpg

:rock

I was just eyeing up that in The Making of Jurassic Park. Like the whole, "What would you do for a Klondike bar?" mentality. "What would you do for a 1/5 scale Jurassic Park T.rex maquette?"

To quote Family Guy:
"Would you... would you kill a man?"
"Well..."
*gunshot fired in background* :D

Sideshow Andy said:
I'm with you guys.... JP is the film that opened my eyes to this entire art form, and FX appreciation in general. It's certainly a dream license. If Sideshow ever did any JP stuff, THIS is what I would sell my first born for---

The original 1/5 scale T-Rex maquette. Full Sized.

Rex%201.jpg

Rex%202.jpg

:rock

Looks familiar. ;)

PLEASE make this T-Rex maquette!!!! I am in no matter what the cost! I LOVE the 1/5 scale!

I doubt that will happen but I can hope.

I would even take a 1/10th scale which would still be pretty big!

Back