conan quits

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Have a great day and, for the record, I am truly sorry about my hair; it’s always been that way.

Yours,

Conan"

Haha. Funny, and classy, as always. Here's hoping he finds a better gig, or NBC will wise up and give him the respect he deserves.

SnakeDoc

"Have a great day and, for the record, I am truly sorry about my hair; it’s always been that way.

Yours,

Conan"

Haha. Funny, and classy, as always. Here's hoping he finds a better gig, or NBC will wise up and give him the respect he deserves.

SnakeDoc

NBC will bend over backwards for Leno, not for Conan. He will get an offer from Fox, and he and Wanda Sykes will be the 5 nights a week shows.

I don't get Leno. I know a lot of people like him, but I always thought he was as corny as Bob Sagat was in Full House. Conan and Letterman are far beyond, but that's just my opinion and how I feel. I've been watching Conan for close to 7 years and felt he deserved taking over the Tonight Show. Now NBC is doing this crap. Well what goes around comes around and I do hope Conan goes to Fox and steal more ratings from NBC.

Leno is the one who should be bowing out gracefully. He retired, he left the show. He should be embarassed to be forcing Conan's hand like this and shouldn't have even considered NBC's offer to get his old time slot back for a second.

I thought it was a low "makes-no-sense" move for NBC to even have a prime time Leno show in the first place.

Jay made it clear when he was leaving the Tonight Show that he was just gonna give the 9:00 thing a shot for the heck of it, and if it didn't work, oh well. Now that it didn't work, he wants to hang around and screw the other hosts over to get his old spot back. Very petty. Make good on your supposed retirement and go play with your cars.

Is Leno even relevant anymore? Honestly every now and then the monologues have a couple of good jokes in it but does he even write those? I know some people are diehards of the late night talk show circuit (which I always found funny taped at 5:30 or 6) but if you told me that Letterman or Leno stopped doing their show 5 years ago I'd throw an "Aw really?" in there but nothing more.

Conan went out like a class act with that open letter but his contract could get sticky

That could prove to be a difficult extraction, at least as some senior NBC executives see it. Despite the fact that Mr. O’Brien is being ejected from the 11:35 p.m. time period he was given in June and pushed to after midnight to make room for Jay Leno, NBC executives are expressing confidence that the network has not breached Mr. O’Brien’s contract.

The reason? The contract, NBC is arguing, guaranteed Mr. O’Brien would be installed as host of “The Tonight Show” — and unlike many other deals for late-night stars, Mr. O’Brien’s contract contains no specific language about the time period the show would occupy, NBC executives said. NBC has said Mr. O’Brien’s relocated show would be called “The Tonight Show.”

The contractual terms could affect Fox’s pursuit of Mr. O’Brien in several ways. Mr. Reilly acknowledged that even if Mr. O’Brien found a home at Fox, NBC could insist that it had the right to keep Mr. O’Brien from starting a show for an extended period of time — as long as a year or more.

I don't hold it above NBC to stall Conan's Fox show if it were to happen to give Leno's show a chance to recement its footing at 11:30

Leno is the one who should be bowing out gracefully. He retired, he left the show. He should be embarassed to be forcing Conan's hand like this and shouldn't have even considered NBC's offer to get his old time slot back for a second.
Agreed. Not only is he an unfunny, untalented bore. He's a douchy unfunny, untalented bore. Screw Leno and his stupid fleet of stupid cars.

I think everyone that was a fan of Conan won't watch Leno after this, so I don't think he can gain any footing back. I think it's time for Leno to bow out.

"retiring" might be the only move Leno has to save face. Honestly its just as douchebaggy to fight Conan for his 11:30 slot as it is for Leno to move to another network and then actively campaign to ruin O' Brien. While Conan's move would be seen as he was forced, Leno to move would seem still arrogant.

I think everyone that was a fan of Conan won't watch Leno after this, so I don't think he can gain any footing back. I think it's time for Leno to bow out.
Would any Conan fan really watch Leno to begin with, though? Seems like a wholly different kind of "funny," if you even want to call what Leno does "comedy."

"retiring" might be the only move Leno has to save face. Honestly its just as douchebaggy to fight Conan for his 11:30 slot as it is for Leno to move to another network and then actively campaign to ruin O' Brien. While Conan's move would be seen as he was forced, Leno to move would seem still arrogant.

Honestly, no matter what happens, Leno will be remembered as the man who destroyed the greatest late night show of all time. Way to go Jay!

its hard to believe actors even have a say on when the network airs something.

its going to be tough for conan to get out of the contract unless there is a clause that NBC will go to certain lengths to guarantee viewership or something but I seriously doubt the contract was written "your show will come on at 11:35 and any move out of the time slot voids the contract".

Back