Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 696 of 911 FirstFirst ... 196596646686692693694695696697698699700706746796 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,960 of 9107
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

I'd say the 2002 film was right for the time but it's aged pretty quickly. I was 13 when it came out and loved every minute

2. Entertainment Earth 250x250-NFL
    on our way to Falconia
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by youbastards View Post
    What about JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson....JJJ isn't even IN the reboot! One of the strongest supporting characters in Spidey history was just tossed out with Uncle Ben's corpse that nobody mourned...
    no but they might be putting him in the second one remember the daily bugle paper towards the end ?

Original Dudley
    Feedback
    19 (100%)
    JJJ will be in the sequel I'm sure, we got a hint at the Daily Bugle wanting photos of Lizard, we got Parker attempting to get those photos but failing in the sewer and his camera being crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
    Well, just came back from the Amazing Spiderman, and loved it. Went in pretty open minded. Did not re watch any prior Spidey movie.

Lizard effects themselves, look real to me. Those saying it looked fake or off just left me scratching my head. I went in expecting crap Lizard special effects, and thought it looked very, very good. . Not sure if I loved the design, but it works well - felt like I was watching a real creature and not an effect.

Speaking of real, holy crap! Those Spiderman shots of him swinging around look amazing *pun intended*. Not once did I feel like I was watching a CGI shot, as I did in the last three movies. To be honest, not sure which shots are practical and which are not......

Actors - excellent

Story - very good - I agree that the twist origin story in marketing B.S.; of course, there is the parents substoryline, but its a little tacked on, IMO. Didn't detract from story, but added just a little to the Peter storyline.

Mask removal reveals - happens three or four times, but only one bugged me, when Spidey takes his mask off at school, and just runs down hallway...! Argh

Music - completely forgettable

Loved it overall, bring on more!
    I feel pretty much the same way, except I wanted them to change the origin more, I hope they go the route with Peter being genetically altered by his dad to further push the mutation story line they have going on and peter being the beginning of it all.

I'm also quite shocked that James Horner did the music and this was pretty flat, seems like he only gives his best to James Cameron.

And the shot of peter running down the hallway with his mask off was a real "wtf?" moment, like really? why? lol

Original Dudley
    Feedback
    19 (100%)
    Well I'm off for some bbq dinner, see the movie for yourselves, keep an open mind, and most important, remember these stories existed before Raimi got to them and he's not the be all end all of Spiderman.

More me the flying sequences in ASM was an amalgamation of all of my favourite artists work. Nearly every epic pose was shown during one of the scenes.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnmx2000 View Post
    I'm also quite shocked that James Horner did the music and this was pretty flat, seems like he only gives his best to James Cameron.

And the shot of peter running down the hallway with his mask off was a real "wtf?" moment, like really? why? lol
    I am convinced that the go to guys that do movie after movie after movie need a rest. They are all sounding generic

Yeah, that scene left me kinda mad - there was absolutely no reason he would have taken his mask off at that moment. I mean, it lasts seconds, but I was like, 'come on'

Dark Beagle of the Sith™ MODERATOR
    Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darth Snoopy on Flickr Visit Darth Snoopy's Youtube Channel
    Just got back from seeing TASM and it was AWESOME!

I give it a 9/10

Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Oh, and I did see this in Imax 3D - just wow! Excellent picture/sound quality. That format has me spoiled!

You're reading this.
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Follow AIR On Twitter Visit AIR's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post

Spoiler Spoiler:
    That is something I really liked about the movie, the way his movements were very spider like, unlike the raimi films.
    Overall, this one outdid the others IMO. I loved it. 10/10

Current PO's: HT TASM2, HT McFly EX, HT Star-Lord EX, HT Diecast MK III EX

Page 696 of 911 FirstFirst ... 196596646686692693694695696697698699700706746796 ... LastLast