IDW's take on Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ra88

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this, IDW's take on the Commander. Heavy James Bond villian vibe, though I'm personally not digging the fangs. Still a LOT better than the RoC version though. :lol

I like it as a alternative take on CC. Not sure about the pose though, with the hands in the pockets. Looks like he's waiting to give his order at a packed bar.

Of course, if SS gave us something along those lines I'd throw a f'n tantrum....

I don't mind the collar, but I don't like the slit up the middle.

Its definately goth looking or something.

Why is it so hard for them to keep the RAH appearances and just add new stories??

I think this would work for an alternative character... like if Billy decided to follow his fathers footsteps... but not as Cobra Commander.

Eh, not really a fan... but it's definitely 1,000x better than the ???? design from the ROC movie and could work, I guess. Heck, throw a trooper helmet on top of that and it'd still be fairly close to the original RAH design.

A friend told me that this isn't the militaristic Cobra Commander that we all know and love, not yet. I haven't read much of the new GI Joe comics, but at this point in the game Cobra are still building their power and gaining influence. This could only be his early formal outfit, and once Cobra gets more power he could switch to the 'general' look.

A friend told me that this isn't the militaristic Cobra Commander that we all know and love, not yet. I haven't read much of the new GI Joe comics, but at this point in the game Cobra are still building their power and gaining influence. This could only be his early formal outfit, and once Cobra gets more power he could switch to the 'general' look.

Oh, I'm sure that's true. Yes... it is VERY early on in the Cobra lore. They're showing how they started as a shadow organization with pockets and cells across the world and grew from there.

So before he was Cobra Commander he was Elton John?

Huh.

As much flak as DDP gets they blew that costume away with there's. He looks like a member of the Hellfire club.

I think interpreters of GI Joe try to portray Cobra as a conglomerate corporate menace.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd share this, IDW's take on the Commander. Heavy James Bond villian vibe, though I'm personally not digging the fangs. Still a LOT better than the RoC version though. :lol
--

It's . . . EH . . . UH . . . "different".

Since when did IDW start consulting Alan Moore?

HA my first impression was there must be a hole at the bottom of that helmet so he can stick his forked tongue out and sniff the air.

Back