QUESTION: How do you care for your Hot Toys muscular (rubber) figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneWolf

Super Freak
Reaction score
I tried searching the threads, but couldn't find any related thread.. So, How do you care for your Hot Toys muscular (rubber) figures?

*examples are: Rambo, Rocky, PMC w/ shorts, Hellboy, Chris Redfield, Alan "Dutch" Schaefer

Since all figures gather dust, how do you clean them?
How do you display/pose them? If posed with hanging forearms, will the elbows loosen in time?

Looking forward to everyone's feedback on this, as so far all my Hot Toys figures are muscular bodies..
Thank you, and Happy New Year to everyone! :chew

380265401.jpg

380265400.jpg

380265398.jpg

I keep most of mine in cases for that reason. Compressed air works, just don't spray too long or too close. Its really cold.

Small brush for dusting. I keep figures with muscle bodies in a cool, dry area (especially if they're boxed up).

Thanks bro. Would you be able to give an estimate on how often/less you pose your muscular bodies? Is once a day posing enough? :eek:

And is leaving their hands down the safest pose when storing?

Don't pose em much.

As for dusting, I use a small soft paint brush to dust my figures.

LOL! :rotfl

Waits for the moronic armor all post. :lol

Believe it or not I use Scotch tape (The "Scotch" brand) Its not overly sticky so once applied and removed only the actual dust is removed. It works very well but takes some time. Nothing is left behind though.

Thanks for the input, everyone! :)

@Vorhees27 - Good thing the 'Scotch' tape brand is available here in our country! :)

Would these poses do?

380619682.jpg

Will the synthetic leather material of the arrowcase react with the rubber surface of the body over time? :(

Mine stay in a glass case and rarely get touched. I'll pose Rambo once in a while but Rocky stays in the same fighting stance.

Your figures are fine in those poses, you could actually give them a bit more than that.

And your arrow casses will be ok ive had mine for 2 years with no problems.

Great to hear!!! :chew

Thanks a lot man! Never had any experience with muscular bodies before buying these, so everyone's feedback is valuable to me. :monkey3

Your figures are fine in those poses, you could actually give them a bit more than that.

And your arrow casses will be ok ive had mine for 2 years with no problems.

Be carefull with the rambo 2 as i remember about a year ago a few people had them spliting but from what im aware every newer body from the rambo 3 on are fine so far.

Yeah, it looks much more fragile than the Rambo III skin.. Thanks for the warning. I think I saw a cracked-all-over Rambo II for sale in eBay last year, sold for about $80! Seller was from U.K..

Another thing that I wanted to clarify, because this came up in local toy forums, but I want to hear first your opinions:

Is it safe to store them inside the box for years? Or will the plastic tray react with the rubber skin?

I cant honestly say, mine have been in and out several times without any problems, but i cant speak for the rambo 2 as that could be the reason for its problems.

I just keep mine behind glass... if I ever see one of my own start cracking I'll probably never buy a muscular body figure again , it would put me off doing anyway.

Back