Coolest Prequel Character?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coolest prequel character

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
e7135759-0827-4e53-9820-461f365ebe81_villains-DarthMaul.jpg

There might be some cool characters from the prequel films, but none of those listed (that I know of) are cool to me by any means. And honestly, I can't think of a single prequel character that was cool, but there might be one. Wasn't Jimmy Smits one of the characters? I guess he could have been cool. He was pretty cool in L.A. Law.

Bad idea. No way could Maul have pulled off all of the behind-the-scenes political machinations that Dooku did.

Maul was, however, the coolest of the bunch. In a badass sort of way.

Sebulba?

No Papanoida?

FAIL

:D

I don't think the PT had much "cool" factor. Maybe Morrison. He was pretty cool. Too bad he had a kid to watch over.

Personally, I like Grievous, but he's far from cool. He's actually a lot like Sebulba in the movie. Twirling moustache and all.

Bad idea. No way could Maul have pulled off all of the behind-the-scenes political machinations that Dooku did.

I agree. I voted Dooku/Darth Tyranus just because I thought he was a more solid of a character. Maul was bad ass, and the coolest looking, but I felt like Dooku was more of a "Sith" and better antagonist.

I could have easily voted for Sideous, Mace Windu, Grievous, or Ventress as well.

Well, in my version of the prequels, here is what I would have done.

Sidious has 2 apprentices and neither knows about the other. Dooku is still with the Jedi and doing all of the beind the scenes stuff behind their backs. Maul was the mysterious assassian he was in Episode 1. General Grievous was the face of the Seperatist movement (instead of Dooku). Dooku would have been revealed as a traitor and killed and Maul would have been killed by Anakin to take his place (ala Luke Vs Vader in RotJ).

Just my two cents summed up quickly.

Plo Koon. Too bad he didn't do too much more than die. The Battle of Geonosis should have been atleast 10 minutes longer.

Asajj Ventress was the most badass character through the Clone Wars. But she didn't do anything in the prequels either. She should have taken Grievous' place.

There might be some cool characters from the prequel films, but none of those listed (that I know of) are cool to me by any means. And honestly, I can't think of a single prequel character that was cool, but there might be one. Wasn't Jimmy Smits one of the characters? I guess he could have been cool. He was pretty cool in L.A. Law.

You must TOTALLY hate the prequels man.

:rotfl

Maul is the ???? for me nuff said. I'm with those who think it should've been Maul through the 3 films. (Anakin taking him out woulda been much better to me, seeing Maul as a kid, and Maul killing the one who found him etc. woulda meant more in ep3 ) But i'm gonna try not and get into a woulda coulda shoulda here. :)

Last edited:
Well, in my version of the prequels, here is what I would have done.

Sidious has 2 apprentices and neither knows about the other. Dooku is still with the Jedi and doing all of the beind the scenes stuff behind their backs. Maul was the mysterious assassian he was in Episode 1. General Grievous was the face of the Seperatist movement (instead of Dooku). Dooku would have been revealed as a traitor and killed and Maul would have been killed by Anakin to take his place (ala Luke Vs Vader in RotJ).
Sounds interesting, but I think the problem is that Lucas didn't do squat for character development, plot, or dialogue and instead relied on special effects. Dooku should have been introduced in the first movie to show his division with the Jedi; he really had alot of potential. Grievous SHOULD have been a general at the Battle of Naboo and had a noticable role in AotC.

Just being a cool looking assassin who can kick butt with a lightsaber doesn't make Maul a Sith...I would have liked him to stay alive just to create more confusion the Jedi ranks.

i voted maul but why isn't qui-gon on the list? he's much more worthy than useless characters like sebulba, or those who are actually ot characters (sidious/palpatine).

Sidious has 2 apprentices and neither knows about the other.

Playing two apprentices against each other is a cool idea, but I think that was already covered with Anakin being groomed as Dooku's replacement.

Buttmunch said:
Dooku is still with the Jedi and doing all of the beind the scenes stuff behind their backs.

If he was still with the jedi, he would have a hard time waging a full-scale war against the jedi.

Buttmunch said:
Maul was the mysterious assassian he was in Episode 1. General Grievous was the face of the Seperatist movement (instead of Dooku).

I still think Ventress would have made a better assassin than both Maul and Grievous.

Buttmunch said:
Dooku would have been revealed as a traitor and killed and Maul would have been killed by Anakin to take his place (ala Luke Vs Vader in RotJ).

I thought Kenobi killing Maul was the high point of TPM.

if they made grievous the truly powerful jedi killer he was in the original cartoon series, he would be tops in my book. Too bad we got stuck with the crappy coughing version...

I agree Maul should not have died in ep.1...developing his background story and having him fight ani in ep.2 or 3 would have done a lot to help those films...

Back