What was your first Sideshow/ Hot Toys/ other collectible that got it started??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
I was just thinking about back before I started collecting Sideshow items and realized how boring my collection became. Back in 2002/2003 I collected primarily 1:1 Star Wars items and there wasn't much out there that interested me. I got bored one day and decided to search for something new and came across an article that was previewing the "new" 1/6 Star Wars figure from Sideshow. Needless to say after reading the article and looking at the pics I visited their site and have now been signing over checks to them since.

My first preorder was the Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight 1/6 figure.
My first "in hand" PF was the Han Solo...that started the bug.
I think my first Hot Toys figure was the Predator Battle Damaged figure.

First Sideshow figure was the Blackbeard 12" I got off ebay to go with my Buccaneers stuff. I had no idea who or what Sideshow Collectibles was until I got the box and looked up the website.

Then I pre-orderd Jedi Luke and haven't looked back.

My first Hot Toys will be the DX Joker I am getting Wednesday.

Frankenstein1.jpg

I collected Dragon military 1/6ths for years. As far as Sideshow goes, I don't remember if it was the Captain America PF or Boba Fett PF; one or the other. I know I got the Nazi Kroenen 1/6th really early on as well.

July 2003 I stumbled across a banner for Sideshow's James Bond figures. I was blown away by the likeness so I ordered Lazenby, The Man with the Golden Gun Moore, and License to Kill Dalton. Then I tracked down Dr. No Connery and Die Another Day Brosnan. Then I started buying the Bonds in various outfits and its all been downhill since.

First Sideshow 1/6 that started it all, I kid you not, LotR Faramir

First Hot Toys figure, Cleaner Predator. I wasn't going to collect these but Pitu's reviews of his preds got me hooked.

First PF, LotR Aragorn. He's also my favorite.

First SSC figure was Jedi Luke.
First HT figure was Superman.
First PF was Red/Blue Spidey.

for me it is either Medicom Boba Fett or Sideshow Maul. Although I did have the Marvel Icons before as well as the 12" Tortured Souls

Dragon 1st Anniversary Hans Wehrmacht NCO was the figure that really got me focused on this hobby back in 2001 or 2000(or earlier) i think it was when i bought him.

DGWW2Hans1stAnnv2.jpg

Mine was the Bowen Namor statue but I didn't really start until last year when I got the Emma Frost comiquette. I got hooked ever since!:doh

My first PF was the SSE Frankenstein and Dracula. I also got the PF Luke around that time, but I can't remember if I ordered him the same time I ordered the other two or if it was shortly afterward.

First Sideshow figures were the 1/6 Count Orlok and their 7" scale Lugosi Dracula, followed closely by their London After Midnight figure and the 1/6 Lugosi Dracula. Then the part 3 Jason. And the rest is history. First HT figure was their AVP Wolf Predator.

The first figure I ever bought was the McFarlane 18" Michael Myers. My first Sideshow piece was Mrs. Voorhees. Not a great choice. :lol

Started with Hot Toys`first Rocky figures of Rocky IV and Clubber Lang,then some Rambo...Before i got into 1/6 i only had the Rocky action figures i had collected for a year.

Still not owned a single Sideshow piece,because none of their licenses interested me,until now with upcoming turtles,rambo and Optimus Prime.

Hush Buffy and the 3 Gentlemen 1/6 figures ,first statue Gollum in the dvd box set, first Star wars PF the Luke exclusive, I now have them all so far released except the Biker Scout without the Bike.

Last edited:
Back