Anyone else hoping this one turns out great?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman1188

SO BE IT
Reaction score
BSG-Athena.jpg

It won't be Sideshow, but, oh!!!!, the possibilities!!!

True, but those were both male figures and were licensed from a totally different company that obviously had more say in the final likenesses that were produced.

You're talking apples and oranges here.

Other than the Silver/Gold Cylons the sculpts on the other three human based figures were generic at best with a possible exception of the Adama figure which was the better looking of the three

We have yet to see a decent female figure from Majestic.

Darth Kustomizer said:
True, but those were both male figures and were licensed from a totally different company that obviously had more say in the final likenesses that were produced.

You're talking apples and oranges here.

Other than the Silver/Gold Cylons the sculpts on the other three human based figures were generic at best with a possible exception of the Adama figure which was the better looking of the three

We have yet to see a decent female figure from Majestic.

Apples and oranges? No, I'm talking hope here. Without hope, and some luck, we might have given up on seeing decent 1:6 Star Wars figures or a "local" distributor for Hot Toys offerings.....

Feel free to talk "hope and luck" all you want. I on the other hand deal in reality and the reality of this particular situation is that the sculpts on the BG figures have not been all that good to date and there is no indication that this is going to change.

Not only are the head sculpts poor IMO but I was not impressed with the uniforms and accessories either. I wish Sideshow had this license.

Two Silver Cylon's were all I picked up from this line. I'm a big Sci-Fi freak but I won't give in to poor sculpts and poor articulation, regardless of how I feel about the series. I wish SSC had this license and treated it professionally, the uniforms are just as key as the sculpts.

While the headsculpts were more generic than actor resemblences, I thought the unis and gear were rather well done. Especially from a new, starting out company. The blaster, boots and jacket were well done, while, yes, the uniform itself could have been "tweaked". The Cylons were definitely the best of the bunch, but Adama was a vast improvement over their first offerings. And with a little headswapping, they work well on a Sideshow body. Should we have to switch bodies to get the proper articulation? Of course not. But we do enough fixing up of paint apps on Sideshow figures, so a little headswapping isn't hard to live with. And I certainly like the idea of seeing some new licenses and figures over getting the umpteenth version of Jason.

All I can say is if we get an awesome looking Athena in the third series after that wretched looking Starbuck who even looked worse than their generic prototype they had on display at the toy fairs, the mob starts at my house. I'll bring the torches, you guys get the pitch-forks.

If the Classic Galactica line suddenly got a miraculous boost in quality they better re-do everyone, since they're released all of the major characters.

I am very let down by this line.

Boomer and #6 are hotter I think. And Lucy Lawless is coming back for an extended arc - yay!

I don't care as much as about the original BG, but Majestic better not mess up the figures from the new show...

Darklord Dave said:
Boomer and #6 are hotter I think. And Lucy Lawless is coming back for an extended arc - yay!

I don't care as much as about the original BG, but Majestic better not mess up the figures from the new show...

Darklord Dave, if you listen closely you can hear the approach of the train wreck that will be Majestics attempt at the new version of 12" BSG figures...

Darklord Dave said:
Well, the characters have already been messed up by the new production anyway.

Boomer is HOT and #6 WAS hot (3 years ago), but Katee Sackhoff is the HOTEST!! And to emphasis this I've used all caps on certain words. :D

I can't tell you how much I despised the concept of a re-invisioned Galactica and avoided it it with all the venom a fanboy could. But after the 9,000th glowing review of it I watched it and was hooked. The new Galactica really is good stuff.

It doesn't replace original the one in my heart by any means, but if comics taught me anything it's how to accept 100 different versions of characters I like (ie- the difference between Batman in comics, the Animated Series, the movies, etc...), so it's all good.

Oddly enough, I don't have any interest in toys from this new series though (SHRUG). Couldn't tell you why.

My wife even said out of the blue it's one of the best shows on tv and she's not a Classic Galactica fan (she digs the new Doctor Who as well while she could have have cared less about the classic line- BOO HAH!). It's a good time to be a Sci-Fi fan!

Back