eBay buyers question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanShouXMA

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I didn't know where to post this so since this is the general section figured this would be the best place.

I'm trying to bid on an auction on evilbay but the time it ends will be the time I'm at work. So I know there is a site on the Internet for ebayers to turn to to bid for them. I was wondering if anyone has used their services and if so how does it work? Do they place you highest bid at the last minute so you win or do they do it 10mins before? And what is their site? I need to win this auction but I'll be at work.

Try auctionsniper.com . The first 3 snipes are free. You can set it up to bid at the last second. I use the 3 second mark to place my snipes.

Yes those sniper auctions are kinda hit or miss. Ive had them fail to bid before...

I use a sniping tool and I've never had it fail before. Unless you count me not be willing to pay enough... Basically you have to be comfortable with putting in your Ebay account name and password for them to work. You simply put in the ebay listing number and the amount you are willing to pay.

I almost never bid on an item without using my sniping tool.

Auctionsniper.com requires my user name and password. Is it safe to give it to them? For those who's used it before did anything bad happen??

I've used the maximum bid thing directly on ebay and got an auction a couple seconds before it ended, it will instantly outbid anyone up to whatever amount you set as a highest bid.

Bid the max you are willing to pay.

If you get outbid, you did not bid your max.
:lecture:lecture:lecture
isn't that what the Max Bid function is for? i don't get people who wait til the last minute and keep trying to outbid someone with $10 increments. if you wanna pay $100 for something then bid $100, if you wanna pay $200 for something then bid $200 etc.

isn't that what the Max Bid function is for? i don't get people who wait til the last minute and keep trying to outbid someone with $10 increments. if you wanna pay $100 for something then bid $100, if you wanna pay $200 for something then bid $200 etc.

Because they always think that you can get it for cheaper if you wait until the last second but since everyone else is waiting too I don't think it really helps much.

I've been an ebay user for years now. Over 10 years and I use to just put in my highest bid. But after some time I realized sniping for certain popular items is the only way to go. I know it's happened to me so I know it happens to other people. You go in saying I'm only going to pay $300 for this item. Then you put it in and close to auction close you get outbidded then you're like oh crap i really wanted it. Ok I can go $310 so you go and put that in and the other person is like oh crap i really want it so they go $320. The cycle keeps going on and on until the auction ends. That's why sniping happens, for me at least.

Anyway is this auctionsnipe really trust worthy?

Snipping doesn't mean you win, you still have to outbid the other person.

I can't even remember the last item I got off ebay that wasn't a BIN.

Never give your Ebay id & password to a sniper company or anyone else. Ebay has built in function. Just put in what your absolute
max you will pay for it, if no one outbids you, you win.

I have been using auctionsniper for over a year and have never had any problems. It prevents getting in a possible bidding war with other bidders. If your high bid goes in at the last few seconds, the other bidders will not have time to remorse and increase their high bid. You still have to have the highest bid in. But if someone has hours to think about losing an auction, chances are they might raise the bid, so going in at the last seconds prevents them from doing that. Also sign up with a gift card visa, I have not paid my sniper bill in 5 months. :joy

The "place your highest bid" thing would work if Ebay only allowed one bid per bidder. Thus forcing the bidder to enter the highest amount they are willing to pay. The reason why sniping works better for getting items cheaper is because it doesn't give these morons time to come in and keep bidding over and over X20. They will keep bidding in low increments until they become the highest bidder. When they eventually get outbid, they do it again jacking up the price until they become the higest bidder. It amuses me to sometimes see that there have been 30 bids placed on a $200 item and the bidding is still at $3.95.:rotfl

I typically do a combination of both techniques. I'll wait until there's 10 seconds or less to go in an auction, then bid my absolute maximum amount. If I lose, then it's no big deal as I wasn't willing to go any higher. And if I win, then I probably saved a few bucks as I wasn't involved in any kind of bidding war for days on end.

That's the ticket. That's how I look at it too. The second technique being; For those times when you can't be there in the closing minutes, I put in my maximum bid and let ebay do the bidding for me. If it goes higher, I haven't been prepared to pay the price and haven't been sucked in, and if it's lower, I know how much of what, I consider to be, a good deal I have done.

I assume you don't have a computer at work. If so, either use Sniper bid (I never used it, no need to as I have my iPhone eBay app), or just bid your max and see if you win. It seems random, like one time I bid my max of $30 for a headsculpt starting at .99 and when I saw the auction after it ended, I won it for $29.74. Most of the time I just wait the auctions down and bid my max in the last few seconds.

Back