SSC 1/6 Scale Tunnel Rat: Props To Larry Hama?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Martin

Super Freak
Reaction score
When it gets time to do a Tunnel Rat figure, do you think Sideshow should follow Hasbro's lead and sculpt it to look like Larry Hama?

Dude doesn't get the proper respect he deserves (if you ask me), and I think that it would be very respectful for SSC to recognize that we love G.I. Joe as much as we do because of his part of the creation process.

(I'd have done this as a poll if I knew how to)

Re: SSC 1/6 Scale Tunnel Rat: Props To Larry Hama

Doubtful Sideshow will ever make this. Too many bigger fish to fry.

Absolutely. Assuming they get that far. Personally, I think they should make a point of producing the figure for exactly the reasons Dave alluded to.

NO INTEREST.

I don't even know who he is. :dunno

I just like giving Hama props.

EDIT: I looked him up. Seems cool enough, but 1987 is way past my time.

Seems like a logical choice.

But this is Sideshow we're talking and logic has never, well, you know :duh

Why not produce a 1:6 figure of Larry Hama as himself?

Just make it a convention exclusive or soemthing, but not a regular edition so that way those who REALLY want one will pony up the $ for it.

Would I want one?

Probably . . . so I can kitbash my own TUNNEL RAT figure.

:lol

A less misleading thread title, please :)

And I'd like to see a Tunnel Rat figure as close as possible to the comic version as possible rather than a 100% likeness of Larry Hama.

Tunnel Rat would be a cool figure further down the road. If and when he's made, anything less than the likeness of Larry Hama (in his younger days) would be blasphemy!

SSC making it look like Larry Hama would be a lot different than making the Endor trooper look like an SSC employee. Though thinking about it when Hasbro did it way back when I guess it wasn't too different than SSC doing it.

NO... T-rat should NOT be sculpted after Hama!

I'd like to see a SSC Tunnel Rat but I'd be fine whether or not they sculpted him to look like Hama. His figure sculpt was supposedly based on Hama but his look in the toon and the comic definitely wasn't.

SSC making it look like Larry Hama would be a lot different than making the Endor trooper look like an SSC employee. Though thinking about it when Hasbro did it way back when I guess it wasn't too different than SSC doing it.

I always find it a bit funny how not that many people know that the RAH Joes were mostly sculpted likenesses of Hasbro employees. Always seemed like a non-issue/no brainer to me.

NO... T-rat should NOT be sculpted after Hama!

See above, and be learned. :lol

Back