Larry Hama and IDW to continue Marvel Comics series...starting with issue #156!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Actually they'll do a 155 1/2 as a free comic then will roll right into a continuation of the original Marvel continuity!

https://ryalltime.blogspot.com/

FCBD-gijoe-CVR_final.jpg

I haven't decided if this is good or bad...what do you think?

I suppose it can't be any worse than some parts of the original run already were. I really hope they get to create a definitive "ending" that showcases the final battle of the original GI Joe and Cobra teams! Come on Hama, give us Joe vs. Cobra, to the DEATH. :rock

Awesome! Hopefully the artwork be better than Devil's Due or IDW's recent efforts.

Hama FTW!

I dont know how I feel about having so many joe titles at one time. Personally I wish they had 1 comic with just Hama continuing the old Marvel line and a second that has an insight into Cobra that is more adult.

Pretty cool...

Those reprint TPBs can't come out fast enough after this news!

Because this will effectively render the Devil's Due stuff as that crappy fanfic that it was, I'm all for it.

I am in for this. I am still waiting for TPB 6 and 7 to be released and would not have a problem with the line continuing.

the bottom right corner is cool, but sorta funny. not going to bring the comic into the present, post 9/11, etc?

Not sure what I think about this... Just depends on what direction they go with it.... One nice thing is Hama shouldn't be controlled by what figures are coming out. Seems like he'd have full control over which characters he wants to feature.

Last edited:
the bottom right corner is cool, but sorta funny. not going to bring the comic into the present, post 9/11, etc?

that bottom right corner blurb was on issue #1, which is what CC is tearing through. I wouldn't think they'd be able to fast forward through time, though.

I prefer they kept the continuity in the past as a retro 80's period piece. If you want modern that's what Rise Of Cobra crap is for.

that bottom right corner blurb was on issue #1, which is what CC is tearing through. I wouldn't think they'd be able to fast forward through time, though.

oh, I see. I think they need to play it like the Simpsons. Forward through time and don't age any of the characters...though I wonder if they'll be changing the costumes?

This'll kick ass. But I want the TPBs to be rushed then because I don't wanna have to break out and hunt down back issues to catch up. :tap

I'm wondering how this'll affect the reboot series. I'm not that thrilled with it to begin with so canning it for this would be a great option.

Not sure what I think about this... Just depends on what direction they go with it.... One nice thing is Hama shouldn't be controlled by what figures are coming out. Seems like he'd have full control over which characters he wants to feature.

This will be great! Though I wonder if he'll be given free reign from Hasbro to continue it/end it the way he sees fit.

I prefer they kept the continuity in the past as a retro 80's period piece. If you want modern that's what Rise Of Cobra crap is for.

Agreed....

oh, I see. I think they need to play it like the Simpsons. Forward through time and don't age any of the characters...though I wonder if they'll be changing the costumes?

NO! Let Hama re-read the previous and jump in, both sleeves rolled up to redeem himself for anything he did (or didn't do) regarding ROC.

Back