Triad Toys Updates

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IKE-CON

Super Freak
Reaction score
Louie and Drew over at Triad are doing an interesting thing.
There is a thread to answer any and all yes or no questions
about Triad's products.

Here's an example of the questions I asked them. A lot of my questions
were based on posts I've read in here & OSW. So hopefully these will help.

Q: Will the EVO & EVA bodies be released by the end of Jan for sure?

A: We are trying our best to get everything right and I do hope to get them at least done and out by end of January max. I'm certain the Alphas will probably ship before then so everyone can have a taste of how we've come with the body designs.
smile.gif

Q: Are there any boxed figures that are using the EVO or EVA bodies that you can mention?

A: Yes, Zorro, House, John Carter, Lone Wolf, and Dexter are all coming on the Evos.

Q: Are the Otaku 2.0 Male bodies holding up the Champloo figure releases?

A: No, but Champloos are finally hitting US shores on 12/19 so you will most likely get them in your hands before Christmas.

Here's the link to the thread, you do have to join Triad's forum to post.
The ASK Louie/Triad Toys thread . . . - Triad Toys Forum

But as you can see, you get heads up on anything asked and extras.

Last edited:
Q: Are the Otaku 2.0 Male bodies holding up the Champloo figure releases?

A: No, but Champloos are finally hitting US shores on 12/19 so you will most likely get them in your hands before Christmas.

Woohoo! Thanks for the update. Finally, the Samurai Champloo figures are ready!

Did anyone happen to notice...they got the Dexter license?
Oh yeah...can't wait to see the accessories with that figure.

Wait, I thought GoHero was doing Zorro? And is this the first mention of Dexter?

Last edited:
Wait, I thought GoHero was doing Zorro?

Which version of Zorro though!? People are still speculating on what version Triad will do. I've seen everything guessed from an Antonio Banderas version to a comic book version to a Disney version for Triad Toys. So maybe both companies are doing Zorro but two different versions.

GoHero has the literary Zorro license, so Triad could be Banderas. or maybe they're working together on it.

is the literary license even necessary? i mean, isn't the character public domain like the three musketeers or robin hood or something?

is the literary license even necessary? i mean, isn't the character public domain like the three musketeers or robin hood or something?

Don't know for sure, but it could be that the heirs have been diligent about renewing copyright when the opportunity arises just as the Edgar Rice Burroughs and Robert E. Howard estates have.

Maybe this'll help:

Zorro Productions Inc. controls the worldwide trademarks and copyrights in the name, visual likeness and the character of Zorro, the Spanish California hero created in 1919 by Johnston McCulley. John Gertz, President, and Sandra Curtis, Senior Vice President, have been guiding the brand for over twenty years through major films, television, stage productions, publishing projects and promotions in addition to hundreds of licensed products. The corporate offices are located in Berkeley, California. www.zorro.com

GoHero has the literary Zorro license, so Triad could be Banderas. or maybe they're working together on it.

that's the first i've heard gohero doing zorro. any links? i know triad previewed the bit, but i haven't seen any news on it so that would be interesting to see what each company does

Actually I think I'm confusing The Shadow with Zorro. :duh

Hey, how about that Dexter? What's up with that?

Which version of Zorro though!? People are still speculating on what version Triad will do. I've seen everything guessed from an Antonio Banderas version to a comic book version to a Disney version for Triad Toys. So maybe both companies are doing Zorro but two different versions.

I'd say no speculation, seeing how they did a generic Banderas on their
G4H agent Indigo. It's safe to say Banderas.

Indigo.jpg

Back