Terminator 1:2 Scale, Full Body, Hollywood Collectors Group

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batman29

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I received my Terminator 1:2 scale, full body a few weeks ago from SS and made by Hollywood Collector's Group.

Man, what an impressive piece. It certainly makes a statement in a room without it taking the space of a full size.

Only one problem though. The eyes are supposed to light up, and they did not. The base at first did not light up either, but after tweaking the battery compartment contacts, the base lit up beautifully with a choice of pulsing lights or steady lights, both modes in blue in color.

I tried everything I could to get the eyes to light up. They simply would not.

So SS is now taking it back. Originally, I was supposed to destroy it for a full refund, but they have decided to take it back instead (they normally will do this if it is international order, and I am located in Canada).

As impressive as it looked, the piece body felt a bit plasticy, but the wires, coils are all metal.

The other thing that concerned me about this piece is that it did not arrive with assembly instructions. Here is why this concerned me: When assembling the arms, they never magnetically pulled together, so they just were kind of put in place, not even a friction fit. I felt like they would fall off.

And then there is the wrench. It comes with a wrench to do something with it. I believe it was to bolt the upper torso to the lower torso. Thing is the wrench does not fit in the hole properly to bolt it.

So an inst manual would have helped to explain these things. I am not sure if mine was just missing or it does not come with one. A bit disappointing when you pay that much for something like this.

Earlier I wrote here I was going to get refunded, but well, you are all not going to believe this:

I was notified by SS I AM getting a REPLACEMENT for my Endo! How?

My LCS, Chinook Hobbies, has been able to warranty it through them. They were able to get it under warranty and give me one of theirs. Outstanding!

This is going to be a great compliment to another great piece, the CM Endo!

BTW, I searched for Terminator 1:2 scale specifically, but did not find one. If there is one and the mods feel it should go under there, then please do so.

Last edited:
Well that sucks big time man, sorry to hear that. I was on the fence with this piece for months ............... finally realizing $2500+ (CDN) just wasn't gonna happen. If I were in your shoes and again considering the price I would not only return it but also walk away from the idea of a replacement. If you can't feel confident about something that expensive you shouldn't keep it.

Good choice. Maybe pick up the 1:2 half bust by Hollywood Collectibles. I have one in transit as we speak, it should arrive later this week. So far so good from what i've seen and I got mine for $1000 shipped via USPS Priority (Ebay)

Yes,
I also shared allot of your concerns with this statue. I am not sure if the 1:2 format will catch on, time will tell I guess. Hope your collection room is coming along. Can't wait to see photos!
What phase u in now?

I have this and it was a bit of a pain to put together but once you do, it is MAGNIFICENT!

This has got me hooked on 1:2's and I will definitely be picking up the 1:2 IM...

Well that sucks big time man, sorry to hear that. I was on the fence with this piece for months ............... finally realizing $2500+ (CDN) just wasn't gonna happen. If I were in your shoes and again considering the price I would not only return it but also walk away from the idea of a replacement. If you can't feel confident about something that expensive you shouldn't keep it.

Good choice. Maybe pick up the 1:2 half bust by Hollywood Collectibles. I have one in transit as we speak, it should arrive later this week. So far so good from what i've seen and I got mine for $1000 shipped via USPS Priority (Ebay)

I was going to replace it, but I have decided not to. It really is magnificent set up, but honestly, needs the red lights to shine. I am going to walk away from the thought right now, and see what else comes down the 1:2 line. The bust is a great idea too, let us know what you think of it when you get it.

Yes,
I also shared allot of your concerns with this statue. I am not sure if the 1:2 format will catch on, time will tell I guess. Hope your collection room is coming along. Can't wait to see photos!
What phase u in now?

Hi Balsy: Always good to talk to you my friend. I am 3/4 of the way through phase 1, and started phase 2 of 5. I will post pics once phase 1 is complete. Nothing spectacular like say, Amin Ko. I like it so far though! Right now a bit tight and as a result a bit cluttered with the number on them on the shelves.

I have this and it was a bit of a pain to put together but once you do, it is MAGNIFICENT!

This has got me hooked on 1:2's and I will definitely be picking up the 1:2 IM...

jstep, did yours come with instructions? If so, or not, could you answer the following for me?:

a) What the heck was the wrench for? I thought it was to put the torso together but the wrench simply did not fit properly in the hole. It did a little bit, but not nicely, and had to mm it crank the bolt in.

b) Do the arms on yours fit by friction fit or were they a magnet fit? The ones on mine felt like they were going to fall out.

Regardless how some of the body felt plasticy, when it was set up I was truly impressed with this piece. It is magnificent set up and working. The blue lights from the base shining on the body are very very cool.

Thanks for that post.

This place is so great for feedback like this. I've been so close to getting one, so close my finger was hovering on the button even:lol

Trouble was, postage/shipping was killer but I've worked a deal with the guy so it's now possible but reading this makes me think I was right to hesitate.

I'm more inclined to get IM 1:2 even more now but again shipping will be killer for me.

Surprised to read it's a bit plasticy (is that even a word:lol )
I do love it though, from peoples pictures I was all over it. I am not keen on the 2 gun bust so it was this or 1:1 and there aint no way I can afford that sort of money.

I'm still tempted, so glad you've made me stop and think a bit at least :banana

Thanks for that post.

This place is so great for feedback like this. I've been so close to getting one, so close my finger was hovering on the button even:lol

Trouble was, postage/shipping was killer but I've worked a deal with the guy so it's now possible but reading this makes me think I was right to hesitate.

I'm more inclined to get IM 1:2 even more now but again shipping will be killer for me.

Surprised to read it's a bit plasticy (is that even a word:lol )
I do love it though, from peoples pictures I was all over it. I am not keen on the 2 gun bust so it was this or 1:1 and there aint no way I can afford that sort of money.

I'm still tempted, so glad you've made me stop and think a bit at least :banana

Well Axel, I am not sure if anyone else has had issues with this that I had with the eyes. As far as I know, I don't know of anyone who has had these issues. As for the "plasticy" feel, no, there is no word, lol, but I think we know what that means.

Let me make it clear though: It does NOT look "plasticy", it indeed looks like chrome. And don't forget the wires and coils are certainly metal.

Really is an outstanding piece that I did not like packing up to return.

I can relate to the eye problem....

I took it all apart and cleaned all the metal contacts, there's a lot of residue and some sort of grease that covers the area. It actually fixed the problem. I had called Sideshow to give them the scoop and they recommended I do that before sending it back.

good luck buddy :rock

I took it all apart and cleaned all the metal contacts, there's a lot of residue and some sort of grease that covers the area. It actually fixed the problem. I had called Sideshow to give them the scoop and they recommended I do that before sending it back.

hey bro any update on your 1:1 clean up? :D

Agree!
Light up funtionality of mine works well. Try the above suggestion before sending it back. By the way, it seems there isnt any contruction manual. Mine doesnt have one.

Hi Fel, good to talk to you again, I hope the Pred still likes his home!

I did try the clean-up, but not by "taking it apart" other than the normal assembly etc. Where did you find the grease? Mine appeared pretty clean.

Agree!
Light up funtionality of mine works well. Try the above suggestion before sending it back. By the way, it seems there isnt any contruction manual. Mine doesnt have one.

Thanks Yatyau, and thanks for confirming if yours came with an instruction manual or not.

I just got mine and there was no instruction manual. Mine lights up great, no problems! (knock on wood =P). I was actually concerned not to find a power plug, until I found the door on the stand w/ a bunch of batteries inside. After removing the plastic tab, it worked great. I paniced because my 1:1 Endo came without a plug; it was missing. I thought I just had bad luck with power plugs.

Anyways... all is well & I love it. It looks so cute standing next to it's dad. I call it "Baby Endo."

Last edited:
I just got mine and there was no instruction manual. Mine lights up great, no problems! (knock on wood =P). I was actually concerned not to find a power plug, until I found the door on the stand w/ a bunch of batteries inside. After removing the plastic tab, it worked great. I paniced because my 1:1 Endo came without a plug; it was missing. I thought I just had bad luck with power plugs.

Anyways... all is well & I love it. It looks so cute standing next to it's dad. I call it "Baby Endo."

Awesome pick-up xtoys!

I am glad it is working slick. Post some picks, I am sure many of us would like to see it! I know that the base on mine did not originally work because the battery contacts were bent in to far, but that was easy to take care of.

hey bro any update on your 1:1 clean up? :D
nope, not yet..
I didn't get a chance to work on it this past weekend :(
I'm thinking I'll start on friday though :joy

Hi Fel, good to talk to you again, I hope the Pred still likes his home!

I did try the clean-up, but not by "taking it apart" other than the normal assembly etc. Where did you find the grease? Mine appeared pretty clean.

Oh yea...the pred is really enjoying his stay here :D
If I remember correctly, some of the metal contacts had the grease on top of it, so I used some rags and q-tips to clean them up. Most likely not all of them came this way though...they really need to work on the QC for items like this :lecture

Thanks Yatyau, and thanks for confirming if yours came with an instruction manual or not.

Some pics:D

fullmux.jpg

( with a wide angle lens...)

demistatue.jpg

t812cop.jpg

img4493t.jpg

img0427v.jpg

facet800.jpg

Chewee, as always INCREDIBLE pictures, but second and last one are so good that it's incredible, how come you get it sooo shiny! Thanks for these pictures, I'll use them as desktop wallpaper for a while!

Chewee, as always INCREDIBLE pictures, but second and last one are so good that it's incredible, how come you get it sooo shiny! Thanks for these pictures, I'll use them as desktop wallpaper for a while!
Thanks a lot :cool:

If you need a high quality for your desktop, show me your favorite pic ... I will put an HD link for you :D

To get it so shiny is just the way of taking picture ... :rolleyes:
I decided to use " bounce off ceiling " flash ... You can't use a flash directly on chrome ... it gives a real bad effect ...

I' ve also decided to customize the statue :horror

A real shame for a $2000 product :mad: are wires behind the head and inside the body ... :monkey4

Sorry for the quality of pics ( made with a mobile phone ...)

Back