Juan Sanchez Villa Lobos Ramirez (Highlander) W.I.P. UPDATED 29/08/10 Highland tour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tys1977

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just thought I'd share,
I've been wanting a Decent version of Ramirez for such a long time,and as it's looking like none of the big companies are going do re-do the line,I thought I'd have a go myself,

P1018564.JPG

P1018561.JPG

P1018560.JPG

The Jacket is from a Ignite French Guardsman,I've bleached it, then re-dyed it using fabric paint although I'm going to re-do this as I feel the colour is too bright,

The gloves/gauntlets are from a Dragon Luftwaffe Pilot,I've cut out the bottom of them to give the shape and then used a permanent pen to mark the 'stitching' effect on the top,
Not much to show at the moment but thought I'd start my thread off anyhoo :)

Kindest regards
Tys

Last edited:
Re: Juan Sanchez Villa Lobos Ramirez (Highlander) W.I.P.

Nice work... somehow I missed this thread! Bummer Sideshow never released a Ramirez.

I missed this thread too. Good luck with the custom, you got your work cut out for u.

Looking good so far though.

Got some darker red for the outfit now,
Day off tommorow so will be able to get some more done on Ramirez,
will post piccys as I progress on him,
Thank for all the positive comments guys
Kindest regards
Tys

Last edited:

Keep us updated.

Great avatar by the way :rock :rock :rock

Hi all,
Had a day off today so got some more of Ramirez done,

Whole outfit re-dyed with a darker red colour,I'm a lot happier with the overall look now :)

His hat is now painted (just need to add a coat of dullcoat or matt varnish to it)

Swapped out the sideshow blade for an Ignite one, the scabbard is still just undercoated,will be painting that tommorow,

That's about it really........................

Of course I had to have a 'test fit' of everything together as well :)

ram1.JPG

ram2.JPG

ram3.JPG

ram4.JPG

ram5.JPG

ram6.JPG

Thats all for now,
Comments and advice always welcome,

Kindest regards
Tys

This is ?????*g sick!!!
keep the pics coming!!!

That really does look awesome!!!! Can't wait to see the finished piece!!! :rock2 :rock2

Ok it's been a while,but I've finally managed to get going on Ramirez again,
Just a small update to show where he's at :)

The head is from an 'in the past toys' figure which I thought was a good likeness to Connery,it still needs a lot of work to it as it had a beard originally similar to the look in Hunt for Red October,

Boots are painted leather,

Jacket has had a bit more 'unpicking' work done to it to remove some of the black striping on it,belt is plastic painted in acrylic,baldrick is modified from the French guardsman set and painted using acrylic,

Still a Looooong way to go on this guy,face needs more sculpt and hair needs to be re-sculpted,loads of detailing on the jacket and trousers to be done,

looking at him in the photos I'm going to paint his sleeves red on the shirt underneath so as not to get the white showing through,I'm also going to re'paint the scabbard for the Katana as well to a slightly darker red,

Comments always welcome folks ;)
Last two are just a bit of fun,also a teaser for what my next project will be after Ramirez :)

Kindest regards
Tys

P1018672a.JPG

P1018675a.JPG

P1018671a.JPG

P1018670a.JPG

P1018673a.JPG

P1018677a.JPG

P1018676a.JPG

Last edited:

Very impressive! Aside from the obvious work that needs to be done to the sculpt everything is looking great. Belt and sword hanger look badass.

With the hat on he looks great.

Very impressive! Aside from the obvious work that needs to be done to the sculpt everything is looking great. Belt and sword hanger look badass.

With the hat on he looks great.

Thanks mate,much appreciated ;)

Forgot to add I WILL be doing the Peacock feathered cloak as well as the feathers in the hat,just haven't quite got that far yet LOL,

Tys

It outshines the hell out of Sideshows piss poor attempt at making an origins Connor, that much is for sure.

F'n Sideshow :monkey4

Back