Who is ready for sub groups

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba86Solo

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I think that the site has gotten so big that I cannot find the threads that I like to read and comment on.

Maybe there should be a Group for each of the group and breakdowns to specific products. There sholuld be a group Sideshow only with areas for PF, 12inch, Life sized (busts and statues along with that new legends size, Acme Products, Dio Scupltsures, etc.

There should be an area for other products like GG, Diamond, MR.

Voice your thoughts...:rolleyes:

What I would like to see is the site kind of 'split up' between the action figure collectors, and the statue collectors. When I go to 'new posts' 75 percent of the posts are action figure related. The site would be more efficient for me to have two dedicated sections so I didn't have to spend time sifting, to find the posts I want to read.

It is also a pain when going to the BST threads to have to sort through all the action figure stuff, when all I'm really interested in is the statues. Maybe we could have separate BST sections.

I just hit the 'New Posts' button:

AFs.jpg

Last edited:
What I would like to see is the site kind of 'split up' between the action figure collectors, and the statue collectors. When I go to 'new posts' 75 percent of the posts are action figure related. The site would be more efficient for me to have two dedicated sections so I didn't have to spend time sifting, to find the posts I want to read.

It is also a pain when going to the BST threads to have to sort through all the action figure stuff, when all I'm really interested in is the statues. Maybe we could have separate BST sections.

I just hit the 'New Posts' button:

Then what you need to do is go to StatueForum.com and make an account there....elitists. :rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with being an elitist. It has to do with reading the posts that have something to do with what I want to read. I don't collect Action Figures. I also don't think 'My collectibles' are any more important than 'Your collectibles'. I just don't like having to sort through post after post to find the information I want to read. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
well i don't collect any comic related collectibles so why can't those all be lumped into one section? you aren't gonna be able to please everybody cuz everybody has different tastes when it comes to collecting.

I actually don't mind having to go through threads of stuff that I don't think will interest me because it seems that a lot of times I do see something interesting that I never would have if I just stuck to "my" section.

The OP brings up that it would be easier to read the forum if it were broken up in sections.

Maybe a RESIN section, and a PLASTIC section, then let the 'brands' fall under each.

RESIN:
MARVEL:
SIDESHOW
BOWEN
STAR WARS:
SIDESHOW
GENTLE GIANT
LOTR:
SIDESHOW
GENTLE GIANT

PLASTIC:
MARVEL:
SIDESHOW
HASBRO

ETC ETC...

Last edited:
I actually don't mind having to go through threads of stuff that I don't think will interest me because it seems that a lot of times I do see something interesting that I never would have if I just stuck to "my" section.

:lecture:lecture:lecture A great part of my collection has come from those means.

The OP brings up that it would be easier to read the forum if it were broken up in sections.

Maybe a RESIN section, and a PLASTIC section, then let the 'brands' fall under each.

RESIN:
MARVEL:
SIDESHOW
BOWEN
STAR WARS:
SIDESHOW
GENTLE GIANT
LOTR:
SIDESHOW
GENTLE GIANT

PLASTIC:
MARVEL:
SIDESHOW
HASBRO

ETC ETC...

How is that easier than hitting "search" and typing in what you want to read? Additionally, that doesn't really address the mixed media offerings either. Just seems considerably more work than using the search function. :dunno

:lecture:lecture:lecture A great part of my collection has come from those means.

How is that easier than hitting "search" and typing in what you want to read? Additionally, that doesn't really address the mixed media offerings either. Just seems considerably more work than using the search function. :dunno

How exactly do you know what you 'Want' to read ALL OF THE TIME? If I want to read about statue stuff, related to Marvel, I'd like to be able to do that without sorting through 100 HOT TOYS threads...understand?

Let me clarify for you..If Sideshow has just released a new statue of a Marvel character, how the Ffff am I going to use the search function to find something I don't know about?

i find i spend less money when i only visit the same couple threads each day. i don't risk finding "something i don't really need" and turning it into "something that looks cool and i should get it".

I do, and if that's the case, go to SEARCH and type in "Marvel" and "Statue" and boom! How hard is that? It'd take less time than sifting through 12 sub-menus and forums. :dunno

Yeah, well every new post isn't going to have both, or either, of those new words in the thread.

Listen, I'm sorry I stepped on your exposed nerve, but you have absolutely no right to 'ISOLATE" and "Cordon me off" as an "Elitist" when you know nothing about me, or my feelings toward your hobby.

A big problem with this forum is, whenever someone does post a valid opinion, a few certain posters feel it's okay to attack them, by either name calling or putting them down in some way or another, and it isn't being regulated by the Mods here. The only way it seems to get attention is if we just keep name calling until a Mod wonders by and gives us both infractions. But I'm not going to sit by and let a few members run all over me for posting my opinion. Take it for what you will.

Yeah, well every new post isn't going to have both, or either, of those new words in the thread.

Granted, but there's no guarantee that people won't mistake a diorama or a comiquette for a premium format statue either. Dave already cut out the customs from the Star Wars forum, effectively segregating a nice chunk of the SW collecting community. IMHO, that was the wrong choice and actually takes away from what this forum has to offer.

It's fairly obvious from your initial reaction to my first post, that you are an Action Figure collector. I have no problem with that. But, I don't come here to read about Action Figures, nor do I care about Action figure customs.

Think of it this way, Dave could actually put the 'customs' back into the Star Wars section IF there was a Star Wars section IN the ACTION FIGURES section. That would reunite the custom guys and the action figure guys. But statue collectors, who honestly don't see many customized statues, aren't going to want 'custom action figures' in the only STAR WARS section.

This topic is irrelevant. Dave isn't going to segregate the forum into Statue and Action Figure sections.

It's fairly obvious from your initial reaction to my first post, that you are an Action Figure collector. I have no problem with that. But, I don't come here to read about Action Figures, nor do I care about Action figure customs.

Think of it this way, Dave could actually put the 'customs' back into the Star Wars section IF there was a Star Wars section IN the ACTION FIGURES section. That would reunite the custom guys and the action figure guys. But statue collectors, who honestly don't see many customs, aren't going to want 'custom action figures' in the only STAR WARS section.

I collect everything, 1:1 props, prop replicas, PFs, dios, 1:6, 3 3/4, etc. Most of the time I'm looking to read about something distinct and find myself lost in other threads about things I actually didn't know I'd like and wind up buying. Seeing people from all different aspects of the collectibles community engaging in conversation, good, bad, whatever, is part of what sets this forum apart from all the other forums.

You gotta love forums :) In rolls the guy with 3 posts telling us how, someone he doesn't know, is going to behave in the future.

Back