Halo Legends on BR Feb. 9, 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronFingaz

GO CELTICS!!!
Reaction score
Warner Home Video is set to release 'Halo Legends' on Blu-ray on February 9, 2010, day-and-date with the DVD. The Blu-ray will include several hours of special features, including a BD-exclusive overview of the Halo universe up until the end of Halo 3.

'Halo Legends' is a seven-story anthology – told across eight episodes – that explores the origin and historical events of the Halo universe and its intriguing characters. 'Halo Legends' has been created in the same format as 'The Animatrix' and 'Batman Gotham Knight' with each individual episode imagined by a renowned Japanese anime director/animator, including Shinji Aramaki, Mamoru Oshii, Hideki Futamura, Tomoki Kyoda and Yasushi Muraki. The stories are inspired and produced by the creative minds of 343 Industries, including Halo franchise development director Frank O'Connor and managing editor Kevin Grace.

The individual episodes fall within Halo's 26th Century mythology as the battle between humanity and aliens rages on in an attempt to protect Earth and mankind's expansive number of space colonies. The dramatic, action-packed stories feature characters and locales familiar to Halo fans, and episodes range in length between 10 and 17 minutes – resulting in nearly two hours of animated adventures.

The episodes are animated by some of the world's most respected studios and directors in anime today. The studios range from Production I.G. (Ghost in the Shell, Batman Gotham Knight), Bones (Cowboy Bebop, Fell Metal Alchemist) and Toei Animation (Dragonball Z, Digimon) to Studio 4oC (The Animatrix, Batman Gotham Knight) and Casio Entertainment. The stellar roster of animation talent on Halo Legends is highlighted by creative supervisors Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed) and Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the Shell); directors Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed), Hideki Futamura (The Animatrix), Daisuke Nishio (Dragonball Z), Hiroshi Yamazaki (Karas), Toshiyuki Kanno (Black Lagoon), Koichi Mashimo (Blade of the Immortal) and Koji Sawai (Patlabor); directors/action designers Tomoki Kyoda (Eureka Seven, Evangelion 1.0) and Yasushi Muraki (Macross Plus, Vampire Hunter D); and writer Dai Sato (Cowboy Bebop).

Special features include:
Audio commentary with franchise directors Frank O'Connor and Joseph Chou
The Making of Halo Legends (with an introduction and making-of segments for each episode)
Halo: Gaming Evolved
Halo: The Story So Far (BD-exclusive)
Previews of 'Halo Legends' will be available on Xbox Live's Halo Waypoint from November 7.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3658

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=60655

Sneak peak at a couple of episodes
https://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/21/here-are-five-minutes-of-halo-legends/#

Didnt Bungie seperate from Microsoft now, so they could probably care less about it being Bluray and only playing on the PS3.

Didnt Bungie seperate from Microsoft now, so they could probably care less about it being Bluray and only playing on the PS3.

Yeah they are their "own" company now. However, they don't seem to mind continually milking the Halo franchise. I'm not sure if they announced any projects that don't have Halo in the title.

Yeah I can say I love bungie as a company, they've done great with the Halo franchise, but I seriously would like to see there ideas go to something entirely new.

It was pushed back a week (to 2/16).

I've seen a couple of complete "episodes" on HALO WAYPOINT. They're decent enough, though I'm not sure the anime style really suits HALO.

So you can watch it on a PS3 but not an Xbox, how Ironic

That's funny, but not exactly true. There is a DVD version as well, and much of it has already debuted on XBL via Halo Waypoint. :lecture

I totally forgot about this movie.
going to go pick it up right now.

Good luck... the new street date is 2/16 (next Tuesday).

Dante's Inferno is pretty decent for what it is. Its about as good as the Dead Space animated movie...nothing more than to add extra hype for the game and bring in more $$$

Got the DVD today, might take it back and get the BluRay. Although for a Cartoon I dont think it would make that much of a difference.

Back