Go Team Venture!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Figured it was time for an all things Venture Brothers thread. There was a sad Season 3 thread, but now its time to get crazy!!!

So anyone catch the Season 4 opener? Great episode... I was confused as hell through most of it, but with a second viewing (understanding the grading system) it was awesome :rock :rock :rock

And if you missed the premier they've been replaying each night at 12:30am EST during the week.

go_team_venture.jpg

Unfortunately, much like ATHF, Venture Bros has been getting more and more obtuse. . . maybe, that's the word. I'm not sure, all I know is, I just can't follow it anymore, I don't get it, and I'm not laughing at the show like I used to.

Still love it. I had no idea the new season was on the horizon, so it was a nice surprise to find it waiting for me on my DVR!

It's amazing that they can blend so much great humor into such great story lines! I don't think they get enough credit for the complex and engaging stories they come up with. I loved the Dr. Orpheous bits--him dressed up like Belloq opening the ark, and the whole "necromancer" thing! Brilliant show!

LOVE the Venture Bros., one of my absolute favorite shows!!! I caught the opener and thought it was awesome!

Yeah I agree GB that season 3 thread was sad, but I will be posting like crazy in this one throughout this season. I'll also post some cool Venture related stuff a bit later, I'm on my phone right now.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!! :rock

Kickass!!!

Yeah, not sure what happened with the last thread... but it was in the wrong section anyway.

I actually avoided this show at first... mistakenly thinking it would suck. But man was I wrong; Easily one of my favorite shows :rock

I've been wanting to make a Brock Samson figure for awhile now, sadly the last time I tried the head came out closer to 1/4 scale... but I'll eventually try again.

I caught onto it during the first season and fell in love with the characters and the writing, they throw in some great off the wall comedic stuff and clever one liners. Plus, how can you not love Brock and Dr. Girlfriend! :rock

I saw your Brock sculpt and thought it rocked! Someone needs to get this license and do some figures or statues, I'd buy 'em all.

I just today posted some Venture art by Tom Hodges in another thread, I saw these three at Long Beach Comic Con on sale as prints. I really regret not getting them. :(

Dr. Girlfriend/Mrs. The Monarch

Dr_Mrs_The_Monarch_COLOR_by_Hodges_.jpg

Molotov C.ocktease

Molotov_by_Hodges_Art.jpg

Triana and Kim

Triana_and_Kim_Color_by_Hodges_Art.jpg

Last edited:
Some more Hodges Venture art, all bad ass, with Hank and Dean Padawans and the Brock Sketch being my favorites...

Hank__Dean_and_Master_Obi_Wan_by_Ho.jpg

Dr__Girlfriend_Pin_Up_by_Hodges_Art.jpg

Triana_Orpheus___color_by_Hodges_Ar.jpg

Kim__Triana__s_Friend_by_Hodges_Art.jpg

Brock_by_Hodges_Art.jpg

__Sketch_of_the_Day___April_22_by_H.jpg

__Sketch_of_the_Day___April_20_by_H.jpg

Molotov_Cocktease_by_Hodges_Art.jpg

Dr__Venture_by_Hodges_Art.jpg

Dr__Orpheus_by_Hodges_Art.jpg

Last edited:
Great artwork... the first pieces are on one of the DVD sets... awesome work!

The rest are great as well... really love the character designs from this show :rock

Another great episode last night!!!

Love how now that the boys don't have the clones they are starting to age. And the man-boy-love humor was in full force last night; classic Venture Brothers :rock

Watched it last night and it was great! Horrible, but great! UGH! The lubricant! Sick!

I'm glad the Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend are back, too.

Yeah, you really can't go too long w/o having the Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend.

Also, just love how much of a prick the Monarch can be :rock :rock

Be interesting to see where they go with Brock's story now that he's on the loose.

I have had to watch the first 2 episodes twice this season, I just can't get enough! Venture and Boondocks are maybe the best shows on Adult Swim. I love that not only has 24 gotten his own super-villain thing going but he has become a bad-ass since the lost of 21. They can do no wrong IMHO.

Yeah, the tough guy version of 24 is pretty damn funny. I really need to go back and watch the final episodes from Season 3. My wife bought it for me, but got the DVD by accident and then after I returned it I never got around to buying the BluRay :lol

This is the thread i've been looking for! I'll never have enough of this show! I saw the very first pilot when they ran it the first time on Adult Swim so long ago (they actually showed a pool! and didn't have a**holes texting you at every break). Then I didn't even know they started the series until about 4 episodes in. Obsessive ever since. Johnny Quest was one of my first "things" as a child so VB really moved me. Beyond that it seems to hit the highest notes of pretty much every form of geekery! And it just keeps getting better. I never thought in the first season that I would sincerely care where all these characters are going, but I do, and they always go to such wonderful places. Can't wait for Sunday!

Back