1/6 Bespin Gantry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fia2k9

Super Freak
Reaction score
I finally decided to do a dio. This is definately a WIP.It's been difficult to find good source material, considering this thing was never built full scale, and was a partial set within a matte painting.

So I'm putting out a call to my fellow Freaks for any input and or source material (other than movie stills because i've captured every frame dealing with that sequence)

thanks! :lsvader

gantry1.jpg

gantry4.jpg

gantry3.jpg

gantry6.jpg

looking great thus far! I might suggest using a sturdier tube like a PVC pipe or something because who knows, you might want to have Luke clutching it like he does in the film and I doubt the paper tube will hold.

But yes this is a fun time to be following all these projects, frankly SSC isn't exactly giving us much to talk about so glad so many creative people are stepping up to the plate!

LOVE IT!!!

This is gonna be amazing.
You always produce such a high standard of finish and I love your work and look forward to updates. I really enjoy watching project unfold and develop.

I am loving this crazy dio feast!! Everybody seems to be just getting on with it and producing the most inspiring and work. I love the massive diverse range of work from the small and simple to the insane.

Please keep us updated Fia.

Dorgmal

Great idea for a dio. Haven't seen this attempted yet. Sorry I can't be of any use with extra reference material, but your off to a great start with what you have.

thanks for all the words of encouragement, greatly appreciated.

ProgMatinee: I tottally agree with your comment. So far what I posted was more or less a mock-up, my next step is to look into various materials to build it out of

clparker04: that is a great idea; I'm definately looking into getting an additional Bespin Luke and or outfit to age and weather to go with my dio

Dorgmal Snow; what can I say your words of encouragement always keep me going as does everyone else's

This is going to be so great. I have the brilliant Hasbro Vader Unleashed, so to see this scene expanded and in 1/6 is going to be out of this world. :emperor

Have you any up-date on this project??? would love to see how it turned out

I still do wanna finnish it, but I put it on hold. I just wasn't satisfied with the shape it was taking. Now I know I had stated previously that it was going to be tough, because there just aren't that many good shots of the gantry, And I know that my fellow freaks out there are o.k. with me guestimating.

I am hoping that when I get my hands on that new making of ESB book I can realize my dream.

sorry to dissapoint.

:thud:

Back