Sideshow Store?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearmodel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I know we can find some of your products in some comic stores around the country. However when it comes to movie related statues like Indiana PF or Berserker, it is very hard to find them, specially here in Arizona. What we can find are mainly Marvel related stuff considering they are sold at Comic stores.

Have you ever considered having Sideshow Stores around the country, where we can find all Sideshow products?

Just an idea.....

Cheers

Bear

I 2nd this notion.

great idea, similar to the NIKE FACTORY STORE.

Impulse buys would be at an ALL-TIME High

good idea but i was also thinking custom building your own figures like nike i.d. also and seeing what the prices and looks are before proceeding as it can be a lot of money to put into a fugure if taking a chance.

just and idea

:rock

They could definately do this in New York and LA, major cities, but more then 5-6 stores total in cities around the US would be pushing it IMO.

Of course you can order online, but its still nice to be able to see something in person, especially if your paying over $500 for it. Also you can check it right there to make sure nothings wrong etc. Its not a bad idea. People maybe more likely to make impulse buys and you get to people who aren't just internet savvy.

They could definately do this in New York and LA, major cities, but more then 5-6 stores total in cities around the US would be pushing it IMO.

Of course you can order online, but its still nice to be able to see something in person, especially if your paying over $500 for it. Also you can check it right there to make sure nothings wrong etc. Its not a bad idea. People maybe more likely to make impulse buys and you get to people who aren't just internet savvy.

I don't think 3-4 impulse buys of 500+ every few months would cover expenses of a high-visibility store front. Hell, if their presence at conventions, where people were able to get up close and personal with the items wasn't bringing in enough business to continually justify going, what difference would a retail location make? Plus you have to account for idiots who break products and don't wanna have to pay for it, steal it, steal it and try to return it for $$$, burglaries, etc. Hell, look what those thieving bastards did at SDCC '08. :(

Let's get serious, a Sideshow Collectibles Boutique in Times Square would be very successful.

TOURIST TRAP written all over it.

I don't think 3-4 impulse buys of 500+ every few months would cover expenses of a high-visibility store front. Hell, if their presence at conventions, where people were able to get up close and personal with the items wasn't bringing in enough business to continually justify going, what difference would a retail location make? Plus you have to account for idiots who break products and don't wanna have to pay for it, steal it, steal it and try to return it for $$$, burglaries, etc. Hell, look what those thieving bastards did at SDCC '08. :(

What happened at SDCC '08?

Also, a curiosity of mine. Does sideshow sell stuff at those conventions, like actually have boxes ready to be taken home by customers?

Let's get serious, a Sideshow Collectibles Boutique in Times Square would be very successful.

TOURIST TRAP written all over it.

Flawed logic. Most tourists visit on the weekends. How would you get the stuff home? Drop an extra C-note to have them check the PF box on the plane only to get an accordioned cardboard maraca at the baggage claim when you get home? That's more expensive than Sideshow's shipping AND TAX! :lol

Also, a curiosity of mine. Does sideshow sell stuff at those conventions, like actually have boxes ready to be taken home by customers?

Attendee Exclusives are picked up at the con. Not sure if they do retail there. Any attending freak will chime in with clarification.

Evilface,

First, you picked 2 items that are in the top ten percentile for size, so thats pushing it a bit.

Second, if i was tourist and saw a mint Alien Warrior Bust for a decent price, I would walk it back to NJ.

Third, you call a Taxi.

Some complete ********* ripped off Thor's (hammer or helm?) and the exclusive glowing Samaritan bullets from their display booth.

Evilface,

First, you picked 2 items that are in the top ten percentile for size, so thats pushing it a bit.

Second, if i was tourist and saw a mint Alien Warrior Bust for a decent price, I would walk it back to NJ.

Third, you call a Taxi.

1) Bespin Luke, ET Buffy and hockey mask key chains won't pay the bills. High-end item sales would be detrimental to cover brick & mortar costs.

2) Good for you. That makes you dumb. You'd be jumped, raped, beaten, ripped off and killed (It's NY, so not necessarily in that order :p) before you even hit the bridge.

3) Because last time I checked, taxis cannot drive you cross country for cheaper than USPS shipping rates nor can they fly across the Atlantic!

4) Look up the term "newb" and learn from this. ;)

Last edited:
They do have a store, www.sideshowcollectibles.com

What exactly would they sell in this brick and mortor store? The only things that dont sell out on the web site are items that are generally not popular and end up as gift card fodder. Their store would be cluddered with items that never sold out and are not in demand.

Also, this hobbie is not composed of weekend warrior shoppers who go the stores on weekends to find deals. There are SO many etailers that you can find deals at it would be pointless, you could find more online and cheaper than you could ever find in a store. You wouldnt find anything at a 'decent price' either, since Sideshow always sells at a higher prices than etailers.

And Sideshow couldnt really display anything until it is released, at which time its generaly sold out anyway. They couldn't really display protos of products either because the production product rarely looks like the proto anyway.

The idea is nice and it would be cool to go to a store with a lot of Sideshow products but would untimatley be a fail for Sideshow imo.

Well how does the Hot Toys store work? You probably can go in and see the products in person and preorder them. It's opening up, albeit a small, market for people who have never heard of the online counterpart. Alot more people use real life then the internet. :horror If its effective, they can make larger edition sizes to meet demand. And hopefully, that could save everyone some cash. And it provides the fans like us an oppurtunity to go in and check out prototypes etc. just saying...

Obviously, but if you were in the city having some drinks, wouldn't it be cool to just swing by and check out a few things that aren't even out yet.

Its not in any way neccassary, but I'm not against it.

Back