Brand new 1:1 combat FULL endoskeleton chrome problems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vader-nator

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am new here.

Just unpacked my new 1:1 Combat ENDO and all seemed fantastic until I discovered he has big air bubbles in his jaw and a huge one on his chin. Where there should be a deep groove in the chin he has a large bubble of air under the chrome. The chrome is bubbling off in thin bubbles along the gum area too.

I have been waiting on this order for 6 months and am in Australia.

Very disappointed with my investment of hard earned $$$.

He is the FULL body version not just the bust.
DSCF8935.jpg

DSCF8940.jpg

DSCF8934.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about this, that does really suck esspecially on
a collectible of that scale were a return is easier said than done.
I suggest you either contact Sideshow directly or the reatailer
in OZ you bought this guy from. Good luck, I hope it turns out
for the best.

Sorry to hear about this, that does really suck esspecially on
a collectible of that scale were a return is easier said than done.

Thanks Nacho. Shipping is a really major problem.

Very disappointed about the whole business.

I thought the top end items would be more carefully checked before they left the factory.

I still have not heard back from the store about what is going to happen......

I would rather sideshow re-send the damaged section direct from the factory as it costs me a fortune to ship the box by courier interstate to the store who imported it.

I live inland in a country town, in a different state, on the other side of the country. ( Might as well be in another country )

Quality problems have happened to me twice now on only 2 terminators. 2 out of 2 Sideshow Endoskeletons. Both the shiny and the combat Veteran edition.

When I bought my shiny chrome one a couple of years ago, the leg pistons were mixed around and glued in upside down and back to front.

LAST TIME the store were firm about it and the replacement part was shipped direct from china to my door.( With the first one, the store was also in a different state so sideshow were helpful sending to me direct rather than making us pay massive courrier shipping across the country from the store to me.)

As I did not buy direct from SS I have to go through the shop.....
"We have a Wholesale Department, which provides service to direct dealers, as these vendors are responsible to assist their direct customers with returns/replacements."

Last edited:
The store is the official importer/ wholesale distributor for Sideshow in Australia so I am hopeful things will work out.

Sorry to hear about this, especially on such a big item.

Is it that much more expensive to order from SS directly? They really do take care of their customers.

The store is the official importer/ wholesale distributor for Sideshow in Australia so I am hopeful things will work out.

If the store is the official representative/distribution/resale for SS then the warranty and customer service should be just as if you were dealing with SS.

I am confident now that you will be looked after. If not, then SS should, and I would bet will step in if the they do not look after you.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Thanks guys. Will let you know how I go.
Have emailed both the shop and Sideshow but have had no responses as yet.
That's why I find myself as newbie here. I needed to talk my freak outs to someone who could understand.

The radio silence is driving me nuts.:(

yeah man, that's a pitty , you pay such a high price and then you get this

i know what you mean, i have 2 x-23 comiquette's , and the first one i bought had damage , still haven't gotten a repley from the shop , in three months

Any update on this? Actually mulling about ordering this at the moment.

I really don't even know what I'm looking at in those pictures.
But hey, it's considered the battle damaged combat version, so considered it part of the damage, if nothing else can be done.

I really don't even know what I'm looking at in those pictures.
But hey, it's considered the battle damaged combat version, so considered it part of the damage, if nothing else can be done.

The chrome plating blistered. Problem is, if it pops, it'll just continually flake off considerably devaluing the piece. As it stands now, there's air between the plating and the base material anyway so it could potentially with day-to-day hot/cold expansion, just continually blister until it inevitably pops on it's own and starts flaking.

any updates? also can i check if the combat edition comes with two right arms? i'm on the threshold of ordering mine.

tia,
james

Thank god he has arrived.

Sideshow have sent a whole torso replacement with head to fix my problem.

Yay!!!

One problem........

QC has fallen short of the mark even with my new one.

He has no holes drilled in the shoulders to put the locking pins into the arms.

After all this waiting I just took the bull by the horns and drilled the damned things myself.

Happy to say that I did a neater job than they did on my other termies drill holes so all's well that ends well......

If I wasn't a full on vader with the 501st and into props in general then I would have really been stuffed. Takes balls to get a drill and dig a deep deep hole in your shiny termie shoulders.

If I hadn't....... where would I be?

I am happy to say that I really love it now...... but I am still not feeling like collecting any more.

This termie will be the happy conclusion to my days of chasing rainbows and pots of gold.

The stress was a bit too much. Made me slow down and consolidate. I love what I have but the crazy chase is at long last coming to an end.

Best

Rob

DSCF9054.jpg

DSCF9052.jpg
DSCF9057.jpg

*faints

Freaking hell.....You have the 60'' FHK!

It looks sooooo good!
I'm glad everything worked out for you!

*faints

Freaking hell.....You have the 60'' FHK!

It looks sooooo good!
I'm glad everything worked out for you!

Thanks mate,

and yes the 60" has to be seen in the flesh to be really appreciated. I think it weighs more than big termie. I cant actually lift it even with 2 friends. We rolled it onto its back then slid the stand into position and rolled it over again. It is sturdy and heavy as hell.

They are as big as a car. Without the massive bay window it takes up as much room as a full sized pool table. It can totally take over a room all to itself, and it makes all your other stuff look like toys. Even big termie looks thin beside it.

:joy

I defin hear you on the slowing down bit. I'm feeling a bit the same. Reading what u and turtle are going thru with this really gives me pause abt getting this piece. :p

happy things worked out for you in the end :)

Back