Aliens and Alien3 (Sulaco Egg) My Theory...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.L.I.E.N

Super Freak
Reaction score
Recently I have begun to feel more enlightened with my theories:angelsmil

The eggs on the Sulaco, I have two theories. Both good, in my view, but I bring them here for discussion :D

A) The Queen gets on the drop ship. Lays an egg vaginally, excuse my bio-french:monkey3, and attaches it to the wall. Basically just a back up plan, if it went south. The Queen dying may send a signal to the egg to change into a Queen facehugger. If it went right, the Queen would have an egg to start a new hive:banana

B) This is the more far fetched one:rolleyes: Bishop has a chip in his head. Weyland uses it as an override to control Bishop. He sets down the drop ship and enters the hive through and unseen vent..... Company giving him layout of the facility, and we know he can squeeze into pipes. He gets in undetected as a non-living organism, picks up an egg and carries to the drop ship for the company. Roll on Alien3....:chew:chew

The Alien Queen came out of the Drop Ship when it attacked Bishop so it did not get to time to stick an egg to a wall, Plus there were two eggs, and Bishop could not stick an egg to the wall with no legs.

Alien3 and Alien Resurrection are Ripley's nightmares, that's why they make no sense :lecture

IMO, an egg was attached to the underside of the Sulaco's 02 Drop Ship landing gear.
The Queen lays it without the ovipositor, thus instantly making it a Super-facehugger (capable of laying a queen embryo).
This happens off camera when the Drop Ship is on its way to the Sulaco.
It hatches, and finds its way to the hibernating crew.

alienegg_450x190.jpg

aliensqueen.jpg

That's how I see it.
Oh, and Alien Resurrection was both Ripley's and my nightmare. :lol

Last edited:
there was only one egg... the queen facehugger lays 2 embryos...one is the queen & one warrior to protect the queen...

originally in the alien 3 script the queen facehugger lays it in newt but when she drowns it swims into ripley... which was in the comic too...
but think 20TH FOX realised this is ridiculous so cut it out of movie...

I don't care what any of you say, there needs to be another movie where Ripley wakes up and finds Corporal Hicks in the shower

If you don't get that, ask your Parents

I don't care what any of you say, there needs to be another movie where Ripley wakes up and finds Corporal Hicks in the shower

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I agree wholeheartedly as Hicks was my favorite character. I want a movie with grizzled and acid scarred old Hicks battling aliens.

If you don't get that, ask your Parents

Everything that encounters Xenomorphs eventually dies. :rolleyes: (except for Jonesy)
This is why I hate A.Res.

Though, I too miss Hicks and crew.

IMO, an egg was attached to the underside of the Sulaco's 02 Drop Ship landing gear.
The Queen lays it without the ovipositor, thus instantly making it a Super-facehugger (capable of laying a queen embryo).

alienegg_450x190.jpg

aliensqueen.jpg

That's how I see it.
Oh, and Alien Resurrection was both Ripley's and my nightmare. :lol

Pic of the egg looks like a corridor rather than the inside of the dropship, plus the sulaco markings means its got to be in the sulaco.

Pic of the egg looks like a corridor rather than the inside of the dropship...

This can be explained by the perspective.
It can simply be from the inside looking out.

plus the sulaco markings means its got to be in the sulaco.

This is an assumption on your part. ( and not an accurate one neither)
If you look at the aircraft on the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt for example, you'd see that they all have the aircraft carrier's name on them as well:

IMG_0875.jpg

Look closely at the engine compartment. (right below where the rotors are in front of the intake) ;)

I liked the Dark Horse comic story line that was published before Alien 3. Where Newt survives and grows up to be a super hot ass-kicking alien killer.

I always thought that the egg layed by the queen was always meant to be a queen, as she had sensed her hive being destroyed and insincts kicked in, she layed to ensure the survived of the species. But the egg only hatches if, for example it looses track of the queens pheromones (this suggestes death of previous queen or far enough distance between the queen, so there is no competition between 2 hives)

Just my thoughts

Nathanial

It was always my theory that there were more Aliens on the drop ship. An Alien got onto the first Drop Ship, why not the second. It only took the Queen a second to get on when the DS was blown sideways against the landing platform. Before that, the DS was on the platform for quite a while.

In A3, Riply asks Bishop, "Was there an Alien on board (the Sulaco)." Bishop says, "Yes." Could have meant the Facehugger, or it could have refered to another full grown Alien entirely.

alienegg_450x190.jpg

aliensqueen.jpg

The egg shot is not what the Drop Ship looks like. That's in the sleeping chamber of the Sulaco. The only way that makes sense is if there were another Alien on the Drop Ship besides the Queen.

there was only one egg... the queen facehugger lays 2 embryos...one is the queen & one warrior to protect the queen...

originally in the alien 3 script the queen facehugger lays it in newt but when she drowns it swims into ripley... which was in the comic too...
but think 20TH FOX realised this is ridiculous so cut it out of movie...

There was only one egg seen, but there were two Facehuggers. Don't change the biology of the Alien life cycle just because we only saw one egg. The Queen Hugger doesn't lay two embyos. Original script aside (it wasn't used so doesn't count like the Dog Alien actually being an Ox Alien), there were two facehuggers on board the Sulaco. One was the Queen Hugger and the other attacked the Dog. We only saw one egg, but that doesn't mean anything. There was all kinds of time for anything to happen, including other Aliens placing other eggs.

And if you want to go with original script ideas, the first Alien was supposed to be able to make single eggs on its own. I figure that's how the Queen is started to begin with. An egg hatches a Facehugger that plants an Alien Drone. The Drone creates a Queen Egg which eventually starts a hive of Alien Warriors. Without a Queen, an Alien would have to be able to create one, or the race would immediately end as soon as it began.

In life, the simplest explanations are ofter true. That's the reason why I've always assumed that the egg was up under the landing gear.

I think it's a stretch that 2 fully grown aliens hitched a ride on the drop ship and no one noticed. The one that got on board the 01 wasted no time in dispatching the marines, so why not attack Hick, Ripley, Newt and Bishop? More importantly, why not come to the Queen's rescue when she was fighting the Power Loader?

Furthermore, Bishop didn't say "They where with us on the way", or "one was left on board"...he said "It was with us on the way". So, it's safe to assume that there was only one.

In addition, where do 2 facehuggers come in? I really don't understand.
Do you mean 2 in one egg? We have never seen that before. Why would the other not attack Hicks, or Newt?

All of this can be explained by the 1 super-facehugger.
IF it was left in the movie, this wouldn't even be a discussion. The theatrical release has many plot holes that are filled by the "OX/super-hugger" route.

As for the egg's location.... I don't think it could spontaneously lay itself in a part of the ship that never came in contact with an alien. Bishop didn't have any legs to place the egg on the Sulaco neither.
The Queen was up in the landing gear compartment...so there is where it should be.
And besides....why would the sleeping compartment be so grimy while everywhere else is so clean (see pic)?
Makes more sense if it was the landing gear.

...There was only one egg seen, but there were two Facehuggers. Don't change the biology of the Alien life cycle just because we only saw one egg. The Queen Hugger doesn't lay two embyos. Original script aside (it wasn't used so doesn't count like the Dog Alien actually being an Ox Alien), there were two facehuggers on board the Sulaco. One was the Queen Hugger and the other attacked the Dog. We only saw one egg, but that doesn't mean anything. There was all kinds of time for anything to happen, including other Aliens placing other eggs...

But, you can't just dismiss what you don't like and keep what you want. Especially if we're going by your logic here. In the original film, there was only one Facehugger ever seen, and it wasn't the Queen Facehugger. If you're going to dismiss the original script (Ox Alien) then you can't have the Queen Facehugger...because it wasn't seen until the Special Edition which finally included the Queenhugger and the Ox born Alien. So...going by your logic (which includes the theatrical version)then there were NOT two Facehuggers...only the one we saw.

I didn't say there was a Queen Facehugger, did I, even though the fingers on the Facehugger we did see crawling over the stasis pod were different with longer nails (though not the same as the Super Facehugger which was actually found near the Ox).

And yes we saw two. One crawling on the stasis pod aboard the Sulaco that got cut while breaking the glass that got Ripley, and the other aboard the EEV that attacked the dog. If that were not the case, then you would be changing the biology of the Facehugger to be a multiple embryo carrier. Regardless of what we have seen and what was previously written, multiple embryos have never been suggested, and it has been made clear in the first two films that after implantation the Facehugger dies like a bee losing its stinger.

I think it's a stretch that 2 fully grown aliens hitched a ride on the drop ship and no one noticed. The one that got on board the 01 wasted no time in dispatching the marines, so why not attack Hick, Ripley, Newt and Bishop? More importantly, why not come to the Queen's rescue when she was fighting the Power Loader?

The same reason the Queen hitched a ride in the first place. Survival. Another Alien would have been backup to assure the egg(s) were made/survived. We've clearly seen the Aliens learn quickly, adapt to situations, cut the power, look for knew ways in, and we've seen the Queen clearly direct her troops who obey, pretend to hide, and come back at the right time.

Furthermore, Bishop didn't say "They where with us on the way", or "one was left on board"...he said "It was with us on the way". So, it's safe to assume that there was only one.

Okay, so we agree there was at least one Alien on board the Sulaco all the way. Egg mystery solved.

In addition, where do 2 facehuggers come in? I really don't understand.
Do you mean 2 in one egg? We have never seen that before. Why would the other not attack Hicks, or Newt?

We only saw one egg, but we saw two huggers unless you buy into the mulitple embryo idea which is as ridiculous as the two huggers in one egg idea. We only saw one egg, but we saw two huggers. Do you have to see the other egg to put 2 and 2 together? ONe hugger got the Ripley. And one got the dog. The one that was going after Newt got cut, bled, started a fire, and caused the EEV launch. That's why it was in the EEV. It was probably still clinging to the pod. After the crash, the only victim it could safely find was the dog.

All of this can be explained by the 1 super-facehugger.
IF it was left in the movie, this wouldn't even be a discussion. The theatrical release has many plot holes that are filled by the "OX/super-hugger" route.

Very true.

And besides....why would the sleeping compartment be so grimy while everywhere else is so clean (see pic)?
Makes more sense if it was the landing gear.

Grimy after an Alien or two were mucking about in there. Besides, the drop ship is Army Green, whereas the Sulaco sleeping chamber is white (see movie).

I still say there could have been any number of Aliens on board the Sulaco. Really what Bishop means by "it was with us all the way" is that the facehugger was aboard the Sulaco, got into the EEV, and was now with them (as the 'Dragon' or dog Alien) on Fury.

However, I do like the idea of a Queen being able to lay a super, multi-embryo facehugger, but it wasn't used, except in the badly edited extended alternate version, so it's not canon in my book.

Back