Jawa 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

This was a nice and really simple custom to do especially having done a lot of Indy figures/dio's of late, after it was all put together it was painted using Vallejo and Games Workshop paints and pastels were used to weather the clothing.

RECIPE

figure - The Jawa is from Hasbro, I cut the right arm at the joint to give it a more straight look so it could hold the weapon better. The robes were given a good weather by using pastels. The weapon was modified by giving it a larger stock/butt and then a 1/6 walkie talkie was used for a power cell and the coil is from a 1/6 hand set.

The old rubeer bandolier was removed and a new one was added by using leather and and 1/6 ammunition pouches from a WW1 and WW2 figure, the droid caller was still used and a new pouch was made using leather a small buckle.

Base - The base is an old DVD lid the centre hole was covered and then a 3 part mix of plaster of paris, sand and PVA glue were mixed and tehn added to the lid. Once dry it was painted and drybrushed using the above mentioned paints.

jj1.jpg

jj2.jpg

jj5.jpg

jj3.jpg

jj4.jpg

Ron

Excellent work... I want to do something similar with the 2 Hasbro Jawa's I have. Thinking of altering the height on one of them to get some variety out of them.

great work ron. still have this guy on the to do list as well. i was actually thinking of using glow paint or glow sculpy for the eyes.
your weathering is awesome as usual.

I have one of these sitting to one side too.....has anyone found a mod to enable the eyes to stay on permanently? I tried taping down the pushbutton on his back, but the spring is so strong it just pushes back up....

Ron he looks so cool! I love the pouches. Also the one thing I love when ever you do one of your customs it that you tell us how you did it and that is soooooo great.

Hi All

As always guys/gals thanks for all the comments and if you do have one of these little guys give it a go just a little weathering will give it so much more realism. And Dorgmal glad you like the small recipe buddy I think that it helps others try and do there own if they want to.

Ron

Back