Medicom Batman Begins -pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
This guy is fantastic! I know some people have been complaining of the pink lips but that's one of only 2 criticisms I could level at this guy. The other is the cape - it's 2 twice the size of the one on the DC Bats, who is about 2 inches taller. But you can make for some awesome poses with it. Otherwise this is far, far superior to the DC figure. Much more posable - look up! Look Down!

overall excelent, but something is bothering me about the head. I think its prob just the finished paint aps in general, since the protos looks so much more real.

Well, pictures taken by me are known to make people think wonderful pieces are complete crap, so if you don't like it blame the photographer. It's the best Batman doll we've ever seen.

Looking forward to the Takara one though.

I got the Mattel 13" Action Cape Batman from Batman Begins the other day at Target for $10. Surprisingly good. Tons of articulation, really cool figure once you take off the action cape device.

I think the action cape Batman looks better than the DCD one. Alot cheaper too. It takes a good deal of investment in handwork to make a costume look right on a figure like this and sometimes just molding it on the figure makes sense. I don't know why DCD even bothered creating the 13" "Batman Begins" figure as a scratch project. Would have made more sense to contract with bbi or Takara to offer a figure.
The pictures look fine Dave and the Medicom Batman may be the one to get. I took a pass though and just preordered the Takara version. I just had a feeling that the RAH version was going to be a wee tiny Batman and it would drive me crazy. Giant DCD Superman is a concern, but teeny Batman just won't work for me anymore. I'm getting extremely spoiled. Too much stuff being made available to settle for something that isn't going to quite do it for me, and size matters.

If Takara's is on a standard size body it will be funny to have 3 different sizes of Batman. It doesn't really make sense that the Medicom Batman is on the same body as Spider-man - The actors are very different body types. And while DC bats is far too huge, I think the Medicom one may be a bit slight.

One of the guys here bought one, and brought it in. I think it's a damned cool piece. Just wish it came with more accesories...

It's really funny that they didn't at least use the base body that Vader and comic vers. Spidey has. At least it would be around 12" then. I could live with that even if I'd like him a little taller like the SSC standard male body.
Again, I think he's beautiful and if I could justify both I'd probably get the Medicom as well as the Takara. Quality wise I don't think the Medicom figure is likely to be beat.

The figure looks great but I think I'll wait till Takara's version comes out then I can compare the two and probably buy the best one.

Well I had one pre-ordered since Sept. and the company I ordered with said they only got half of their shipment, so I cancelled the order and went with an ebay auction. I had to get it after buying the 1/6 scale tumbler to display with it.

I was tempted by that tumbler, but I'm trying to stay away from "toys". But even if the Tumbler is undersized, the Medicom would probably fit right in.

Does the Tumbler have a usable cockpit?

Dave How poseable is the Medicom one? Your pictures help a bunch, but I'd like to know what he's like in person. Does the suit hamper the articulation any? I'd like to know what exactly Takara is cooking up but I fear that they may never release their version.

Back