Bruce Lee!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Promising Galahad

Freaked Out
Reaction score
bruce.jpg

Arnie Kim.

Bruce Lee.

Enterbay.

What do they all have in common? The above action figure, scheduled to be released this year!

The figure, Bruce Lee from "Game of Death", will be produced by Enterbay, a new company to specialize in 1:6/12" figures. It will be the first in a line of five figures. I do not understand if Enterbay intends to release five different versions of Bruce Lee or five different characters from "Game of Death". Here's what the GOD version of Bruce will contain:

Head sculpt from Arnie Kim!
Interchangeable eyes
Extra hands
New body designed by Enterbay
Nunchaku with carrying case
Green bamboo
Black bracelet
Leather sport shoes
Display stand

The cost is approximately $155 US.

I have been wanting an Arnie Kim Bruce Lee "Game of Death" figure for about two years now and can't believe this is actually happening. Thank you Arnie and Enterbay!

Enterbay's website can be found here (requires Flash).

[Edit: A BIIIIIG thanks to real action man at the OSW for the scoop!)

Last edited:
It looks great but what's the deal with the interchangeable eyes? :google The head sculpt is amazing, it looks like him without making him a caricature.

I'm not a Lee fan, but that looks great! I assume the interchangeable eyes is so he can also look straight ahead, but they didn't have any pics of the different eyes.

And the price is comparable to a Medicom figure, my guess that's the crowd they are marketing to.

I have this figure, and it took two years of searching to find Arnie (I only knew his first name), contact him, break through the language barrier, and arrange a purchase. He sent the figure within two weeks, and we exchanged several emails. He inscribed the beautiful presentation box for me, and included a blank of the face, minus the hair, so I could see how it was constructed. I think you'll be able to opt for eyes to the side or eyes ahead -- I don't know about adjusting them. The heads are molded in three pieces, with two parts for the hair to enclose the glass eyes inside the face. But it's all sealed when it's painted. There are some nice separations of the hair from the head also.

Although there may be some difference in the paint apps when they mass-produce these...and I'm betting they don't mass-produce in large numbers...compared to the cost of obtaining an original from the artist, $155 is a GREAT PRICE. There is a disclaimer saying that the photo is not their prototype (it's an Arnie original), so maybe they'll make the head something you can open to move the eyes. And it says they'll build a new body.

Arnie has made numerous Bruce Lee figures, including several variations on the G.O.D. figure, in editions of around 30. The latest has a scar on the right cheek that Lee had that's missing from earlier ones. There's a bloodied version that's a different sculpt. Every one of them is remarkable.

These things do not look like action figures. They look like museum pieces.

I used to collect Bruce Lee pieces, searching for the perfect sculpt. This is it. I've sold off my other Bruce Lee stuff. I'm even selling my Jason Ng version soon. It looks silly next to Arnie's figure.

Gotta get some digital photos of mine and post them.

There's been a miracle here: that anybody got Arnie to mass-produce. He had a very bad experience with Art of Toy -- there's a sort of feud over some samples he gave Art of Toy plastered all over Arnie's web site. Whatever happened, this was the last thing I expected. It's just fantastic. Whoever Enterbay is, I hope they don't blow this.

Click here for Arnie's blog that took me forever to locate. Take some time to explore it; there are lots of photos both of finished work and work-in-progress like those in Sideshow's production blog.

Last edited:
Karl Stromberg said:
Great , but 150 is a tad expensive , around 100 is more reasonable , imo.

Considering the fact that when I asked Arnie Kim personally about a year and a half ago how much it would cost to purchase one of his custom "Game of Death" Bruce Lee figures (which he was making and selling himself [although I think the painting was done by someone else]) and was told $1200, I think $155 is a bargain!

I do agree that the figure is expensive still, but I admit I'm willing to pay that price. I've known of Arnie and his Bruce Lee figures for about 2 1/2 years now and consider him a great artist (he designed the Bruce Lee figure Enterbay is producing as well as sculpted the likeness). I have seen numerous sculpts of Bruce Lee in different scales, from figures to statues, and have yet to see a better likeness than those Arnie has made. The one company I think that could possibly put out a great Bruce Lee figure is Sideshow. Even their original nude male figure appears as though it was designed using Bruce's physique as a model. But I consider their products the work of many talented people joining together to put out each product they do. With this piece it's more the expression of one man, Arnie Kim, and therefore I consider it more of an art piece and collectible than simply a figure (at least when you factor in overall quality as well). And as Dave mentioned, I think the figure is meant to cater to an exclusive market. Personally, I would love for young kids and teenagers, and those who simply can't afford or don't want to spend this much money on a Bruce Lee figure to have a cheaper alternative like Sideshow is capable of producing, without much if any loss in craftsmanship. Many fans might want to restrain themselves for just such a version, but I'll gladly spend my money on Arnie's Bruce as soon as it becomes available, if it's of the quality I expect.

Last edited:
very nice piece, and great likeness, what's this a 12"?

Sweet figure.... Arnie Kim is the man! The price is steep but not too bad considering the quality of work. I'm a fan of Bruce Lee but not a huge one and I still would love to have that on my shelf. Might be something I will have to buy now that I know about it. Great work on the likeness....just spot on!

Thanks for the info. That's a very limited number of figures. Any more updates on a good place to place an order would be appreciated. This figure rocks!

MisterToy, Eric from Red Planet Toys, asked on the One Sixth Warriors forums if people were truly interested in preordering a figure. He needed five but only received a response from myself and one other person that I'm aware of. I've emailed him twice since for preorder information but I never received a response. I don't know if he's trying to work out a deal with Enterbay or if he just never received my e-mails. If you haven't, go to www.redplanettoys.com and e-mail Eric. I'll try using the OSW to e-mail him again myself, just in case there was a problem with the previous two.

Hey Guys,
I'm new but I have some info you may find useful.

I emailed Enterbay today and immediately received a response:

hi, Paul
Thank you for interested in our product " Bruce Lee GAME OF DEATH"
Pre- Order will be avaliable from April.
Shipping date will be around End of June.

Best Regards
ENTERBAY Sales Team.

They also said they would notify me when pre-ordering begins. You can contact them @ the email address provided on the Enterbay website.

Copy of pre-order notification confirmation email from enterbay

Hi, Paul
Sure, we will notify you when Pre-order launched.

Cheers
ENTERBAY Sales Team.

To contact Enterbay: email [email protected]

btw, eBay Seller tonycheung presold three of these for $500 each!

Figure this piece plus HK shipping will be $185 (assuming $155 unit price), No doubt this is a special piece and will sell out in China alone. Imported Figs will sell for at least $200 in the states so best to get in line @ enterbay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back