Jurassic park Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardstyle lover

Super Freak
Reaction score
hello there mate's

just wanted to ask sideshow , for maybe 1 or 2 more jurassic park pieces.
the first one was amazing. but why only one? when there's so mutch more nice stuff you can do from the movie.

This would be good looking as a diorama:

jurassic_park_rex1.jpg

Or this one:

jurassic-park-3-7.jpg

And in the dinosauria branch.

a veloceraptor would be verry nice !

I don't see any JP3 pieces happening, it was a huge flop.

But its been said before, its a waste of the license for them to only to that one piece.

I don't care how well recieved their Dinosauria line is, you cannot tell me it's doing anywhere near as well as a Licensed JP piece would. They just botched the paint on the first piece and gave up.

Give us the Rex eating Gennarro off the toilet or Nedry being attacked by a Dilophosaurus. Muldoon being hunted by the raptors, anything.

Sideshow has already mentioned that they're not currently working on another JP piece, and are instead focusing on Dinosauria (which suits me just fine). If we do see another JP piece from Sideshow, I suspect it won't be for a while.

I don't see any JP3 pieces happening, it was a huge flop.

But its been said before, its a waste of the license for them to only to that one piece.

I don't care how well recieved their Dinosauria line is, you cannot tell me it's doing anywhere near as well as a Licensed JP piece would. They just botched the paint on the first piece and gave up.

Give us the Rex eating Gennarro off the toilet or Nedry being attacked by a Dilophosaurus. Muldoon being hunted by the raptors, anything.

Totally agree...

The dinosauria line isn't doing well..
most are still available and they are selling for quite less on ebaY.

A good JP line would be great and the pieces would be hard to come by if done correctly with a nice ES.

Its too bad.

Only thing that would sell well for JP is a massive rex PF

jurassic_park_rex1.jpg

which should have been the first piece.

I kinda knew the dinosauria line wouldn't sell all that well. Some of the statues are too plain, like the stuff you can get at the mueseum. <--said that at the start of the line.

Last edited:
Dinosaurs consistently sell well, actually. They might not have big-budget films to back them up every year like some comic book franchises, but dinosaurs hold universal appeal. Two hundred years from now, a child will recognize a Tyrannosaurus. The same cannot be said for Iron Man.

That being said, Jurassic Park is definitely a big franchise lure for mainstream consumers. I know that my JP dioramas generate substantially more traffic in my store than the Dinosauria pieces, for that reason.

i have to say the dinosauria line is quitte nice , the rex does not have the same head as the JP rex , but it's ok.

rex vs triceratops is also nice, carantosaurus or whats its name is also verry nice , but the size , there just to damn small.

here in belgium the retaill price for the JP diorama is: 299 euro's
so in dollars its almost 448 - 450 dollars

THIS would be THE diorama scene i would buy in a heartbeat. Same scale as their first diorama would be a good size. Including both cars. 1 wrecked on the head, on with Malcolm in it. Of course with the broken fence in the background. Could not imagine a greater scene. I remember beeing breathless in the cinema while watching this for the first time.

jurassicin9.jpg

The reason the Dinosauria Rex has a different head is because it's based more closely on an actual Tyrannosaurus skull. The Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus was made to look more fearsome with a few enhancements, such as the orbital osteoderms, which give it that "angry" look.

THIS would be THE diorama scene i would buy in a heartbeat. Same scale as their first diorama would be a good size. Including both cars. 1 wrecked on the head, on with Malcolm in it. Of course with the broken fence in the background. Could not imagine a greater scene. I remember beeing breathless in the cinema while watching this for the first time.

jurassicin9.jpg

Got to agree with you on that one ! would make a great diorama , also the scene where the rex comes out of the woods to take a galaminus down.

JurassicPark06.jpg

But if i have one thing to say about the picture you showed , i would like this one better :

t-rex-jurassic-park.jpg

I just love that scene. if Sideshow does not bring it i will build one myself someday. Have the Horizon Rex here and it is a perfect size for this.

I just love that scene. if Sideshow does not bring it i will build one myself someday. Have the Horizon Rex here and it is a perfect size for this.

nice :D

i'm going to find me a sculpter here in belgium , and i think i'm going to let him do a diorame from JP for me.
already asked him for a life size Velociraptor head, could cost me about 400 dollars, but not like felmar's, its a nice piece, but i want it to be more brutal
with the teeth shown!

the only problem for a diorame is that i want the one with ian or allen , but the jeeps have to be in it , and i want them to be fully detailed:sick

and i have to say one thing

Jurassic park , for a movie that was made in the year 1993

the cgi looks ^^^^ing amazing , i will show this pic again, if you look at the rex , it's just beautifull

t-rex-jurassic-park.jpg

I think the jp dinosaurs from the first film are the most realistic ever seen on film. That film was just perfect. I remember going to watch it in the theatre as a teen and just being blown away by the special effects.

The t-rex looks so real its hard to tell whats cgi and whats animatronics.

If they could make a rex maquette that looked like this, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat. :whip

I think the jp dinosaurs from the first film are the most realistic ever seen on film. That film was just perfect. I remember going to watch it in the theatre as a teen and just being blown away by the special effects.

The t-rex looks so real its hard to tell whats cgi and whats animatronics.

I agree. It's sad to think that it's 2009, and still nothing has come even close to beating the dinos in Jurassic Park.

Back