Friday the 13th part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freddysnightmares

Super Freak
Reaction score
I want to know what you guys think about this move. Personal, i like it. It was very interesting and Jason looks so cool. I liked the whole idea of him being out of Crystal Lake. This movie also shows a lot about Jason himself. When he lifts up his mask and shows his face to the gang, it was cool because he knows what he looks like. And also, Jason doesn't kill everyone he comes across. That's my opinion, tell me what you think:rock

I think its a very poorly made movie and Jason belongs in Crystal Lake. Nowhere else. The film is campy and fun to watch don't get me wrong but as a film and a film to the series it failed. 7 was almost worse. Again fun movies but really really badly made.

1) I did like the departure from Crystal Lake for a change, and the fact that he was following kids away from Crystal Lake made it somewhat believable. The ship and city settings were refreshing.

2) I like that he has a new mask since the original was finally destroyed in part 7, and the mask has an actual Hockey Team origin, yet it was still given the trademark ax cut in order to make it a more believable Jason costume for the guy to scare his girlfriend.

3) Like some of the new kills.

4) Love Jason's attitude. The face reveal to the street punks was cool.

5) I love that Jason become the Toxic Waste Avenger in part 9 because of the sewer scene. (part 9 is the worst of the franchise on my list, BTW).

DISLIKES:
1) Hated the look of Jason. He looked coolest in part 7 with the bones showing. Why would he have grown back so much flesh, have new gloves on and less torn clothes of black. His face in the sewer looked really cheap compared to his previous decomposition in 6 and 7. The makeup artists seemed to not be as good as in other installments. And don't give me that Jason X explanation that he regrows his flesh because that clearly never happened until X where they obviously wanted to save time on makeup application.

2) Jason seemed to have teleportation abilities in 8. No matter how far people ran, or where they went, Jason was always already there to kill them.

3) They overused the cha cha cha ki ki ki thing. It almost seemed like Jason was making the sound like it was his laugh at some points.

4) The back story sucked, and young Jason not only didn't look like he did in the original flash backs in '80, but the makeup on the little boy kept changing throughout the movie.

5) I hated the sewer demise of Jason. Why would toxic water have any affect on Jason? He's already dead. It's toxic waste, not molecular acid. And I hated that Jason dissolved into the little boy. That may have been mediforical, but it was extremely lame to see.

6) Why does Jason clearly breathe in this one? What's with all the heavy breathing Kane Hodder added to the character? Lame.

The movie is entertaining, but there is too much bull^^^^ in it for me to consider it a true part of the series. Believable Jason ends for me at part 6.

While he had a cool sloppy wet look, I didnt care for the movie. Yeah its fun and campy and some stupid kills that make you laugh, but I will say after that it should have stopped. They just got dumber and more ridiculous then they needed to. Jason in space...no Jason goes to hell...jumping from body to body...no, no.

The ending was terrible as well. My personal favorites are 2, 3, 4 and then Im done, you can have the rest.

While he had a cool sloppy wet look, I didnt care for the movie. Yeah its fun and campy and some stupid kills that make you laugh, but I will say after that it should have stopped. They just got dumber and more ridiculous then they needed to. Jason in space...no Jason goes to hell...jumping from body to body...no, no.

The ending was terrible as well. My personal favorites are 2, 3, 4 and then Im done, you can have the rest.

:lol I'm almost the exact same way except I really liked part 1. 1-4 is all I care for. Sure I have all the Sideshow Jasons but it has nothing to do with the films being of quality.

he punches someones head off. thats good enough for me.

that guy was an idiot who stops punching sombody as soon as there near the ledge,the huy was punching jason and he was right near the ledge and one more punch coulda made him fall,but then the idiot just stops.

that guy was an idiot who stops punching sombody as soon as there near the ledge,the huy was punching jason and he was right near the ledge and one more punch coulda made him fall,but then the idiot just stops.

The same reason Sarah Connor stopped shooting the T-1000 when he hit the ledge ........... they ran out of ammo.

yet another chance for all the Friday the 13th "fans" to say only the first 4 are good and how much they hate Jason goes to hell even the thread isn't even about that.

Good, bad, it's pure 80's cheese. What's not to love? :huh Anybody know when or if they gonna release the uncut versions of these films? Back then, the MPAA made them cut out hella stuff (thanks to queen ****** Tipper). Is the missing footage still around and will we get the opportunity to see the great special effects these movies should have had?

Back