Lost in Space - Maureen Robinson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since the other threads are very old, figured we start a new one since there's actually a figure shipping!

I just got her from Amok Time and there are logos for Executive Replicas, Go Hero and Amok Time on the back with Robot Factory.

Overall she would have been a top notch figure if not for some problems (as noted by Robot Factory themselves). They talk about the hands, but it's a far greater problem than implied. The body is standard BBi body, even with the soft chest. But it's made from a plastic that's more brittle than a graham cracker. One of Maureen's hands was loose in the package, broken off at the wrist. Contrary to instructions (see below) I attempted to rotate the wrist on the other hand with virtually no pressure and it also fell off. Now I have spare cool girl/BBi hands all over the place, so this isn't really a huge problem for me, but could be frustrating for others. RF says they will be replacing the hands as soon as they get in stock. She's also missing the stand, but the stand on the first series was practically useless, so no big loss.

But the outfit and sculpt are really great. The paint on the sculpt could be better, but it's definitely recognizable. I had a mini-crush on June Lockhart (and a major one on the girl who played "Judy") so I know her likeness and I think they've captured it. And the attention to detail on what is really a simple costume is admirable. As a 60s space mom, Maureen has a pink sweater with pearl buttons - I'd never noticed this before as it's under the tunic, but that they completely reproduced it shows that RF knows what's important about the character.

The back of the box has Judy, a couple of Dons, another John and the aliens they announced many, many moons ago. So hopefully they'll work out the manufacturing problems and get all of these figures out soon.

I'm on Robot Factory's mailing list and I have to say they've been very communicative about the problems with the figure.

Hello to all. I want to take a moment to thank all of you who have supported us and our endeavors over the last 5 years. It has been a very bumpy road and continues to be so as we continue to bring to all the Lost in Space fans the products we set out to produce. In out latest release; the 12" Maureen Robinson figure, there has been a few issues with the manufacturing of the product. Please, whether you purchase the figure fro us or any other retailer, be exceptionally careful with the hands as they have a tendency to break. I am checking all the hands before they ship from us but without knowing, you the customer, can attempt to reposition the wrist and break it. My recommendation is before you attempt to position the hand, carefully pull the hand and wrist pin out from body and carefully move the hand up and down. DO NOT try and turn the hand as it will break from the wrist joint. I apologize for this issue and we are attempting to get more wrist in stock to replace broken ones but it will be several weeks before we receive them in stock. Thank you.

from 9/17
To all customers that have purchased a Maureen Robinson action for us or any other retail store...the figure DOES NOT come with a stand. The reason for this is the stands that were originally made had a server warp in it that I felt was not acceptable but we could not get the new one done in time to ship with the figure so when the next figure(s) are produced, all those that ordered a Maureen Robinson will be sent one. We are also getting in replacement hands for her as well in the next few weeks . I apologize for this inconvenience but I feel if I had sent the warped stands with the figure, it would have been scrutinized severely. Thank you. Charles .

Hmm, the cool girl hands don't fit right. Maybe with some tape on the pegs. And all the Cool Girl hands I have are gloved it seems.

I know you think people are sometimes too critical when people post pictures, but that's kind of brusque, don't you think? I've never seen the figure, so I'm curious.

I know you think people are sometimes too critical when people post pictures, but that's kind of brusque, don't you think? I've never seen the figure, so I'm curious.

Dave doesn't usually share pics for some reason. :dunno

Head is almost as 'removeable' as the hands (i.e. falls off). But I don't think it really NEEDS a repaint.

I'm not comfortable taking pics of a product that is broken out of the box. I'd rather give the company a chance to address the issues, which they seem to be doing.

I was told that the original plan was for Will Robinson and the Robot to be a two pack. I got my Maureen today and I'm pleased with it. Now the wait begins for the rest of the family. I saw the pod over at the Snyder's studio. They didn"t sculpt it, but they are finishing up the prototypes. It's really cool. Also noticed the Snyder's are finally loading some of the portrait galleries on their web site. The Lost in Space gallery is up with all prototypes they did for this line.

https://www.joyandtomstudios.com/images/Portrait_Gallery/Lost_Gallery/index.htm

I've seen that jetpack version of John in person and it is quite a piece of work. Its like walking onto a 1:6 set while they were filming the series.
I can't wait to finally have the entire set!!

Yay for necroposting... but I just wondered if anyone knew the status of this line? Don West was supposed to be out in the summer, followed by Judy and Penny. But nothing. I've sent emails to SciFi Metropolis and Robot Factory (the online store you're supposed to pre-order from) and the mail either bounces back or never gets answered. Also wrote to Amok time and never got a reply.

Anyone 'in the know'?

Sean

Back