Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4686929394959697 LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    Default Re: What are you reading? Book discussions and reviews

Nice. It's almost like watching Akira for the first time.

Silmarillion is still my favorite Tolkien work, if Amazon does make anything based on it I'll be watching it.

I've just picked up and read the IDW Ghostbusters Total Containment and absolutely loved it! It captures the spirit of the movies and left me wanting more. I've just got to try and find Mass Hysteria next - which by the looks of it seems nigh on impossible. I wish I'd seen these when they first came out.

Super Freak

Feedback
    Looking forward to Batman, Last Knight on Earth. Seen the intro so far and it's glorious.

Super Freak
    Feedback

Life gets funny as you get older...

Super Freak
    Feedback

Some pretty interesting accounts, especially ones from old letters/docs from the 1800's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	515bJ5j4FxL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	457799

Re-reading "Peyton Place."

I remember hearing about it in the Billy Joel song "We Didn't Start the Fire" and always wondered what the big deal was.

I read it back in college, in the late 90s, and it was tame as hell. I guess in the 50s it was quite a scandal. But I remember there was one phrase, one passage, that I really loved.

I couldn't remember that phrase all these years later so I'm re-reading the book and hoping it jumps out at me when I see it. I'm halfway through and so far, nothing. For all I know I blew by it and it made no impression on me.

It really is a bland book...shocking for the time maybe, but nothing special at all now. Not even particularly well-written. I hope I find the phrase though. If I find it I'll share it here. Most likely it was some cheesy overly romantic crap that spoke to me profoundly as a young man. Well, now I'm a bitter cynical middle aged grump so no wonder I can't find it.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    ^^Interesting take on a re-read from your younger years.

The only books that I can remember reading when I was young that I can say I like and can read now are Lord of the Flies and Frankenstein, that was in H.S. I can't remember what I read in college. Books that made a lasting impression came after I left college.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop Express View Post
    Vol. 2-6 on the way, should be entertaining.

Super Freak
    Feedback

After the old testament will be the Apocrypha, book of Enoch, then into the new testament.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Genesis done, Abraham --> Isaac --> Jacob.

Women are deceitful, lots of 1st cousin incest and seems to be run of the mill to sleep with maidservants and prostitutes. Joseph dead.