Indy 5 on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here:

https://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20304223,00.html

Harrison Ford Cracks the Whip on Indy 5
By Peter Mikelbank and Michael Y. Park
Originally posted Monday September 14, 2009 08:15 AM EDT
Shia LaBeouf (left) and Harrison Ford
Photo by: Kristian Dowling / Getty

Dust off the fedora and clear out the snakes – Indiana Jones is ready to ride again.

Harrison Ford, 67, says he's already ready for the globe-trotting archaeologist's next adventure, only a year after one of history's most successful film franchises was revived – and that the next chapter is already well on its way.

"The story for the new Indiana Jones is in the process of taking form," Ford told France's Le Figaro. "Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and myself are agreed on what the fifth adventure will concern, and George is actively at work. If the script is good, I'll be very happy to put the costume on again."

The screen legend was on hand to accept a career honor at the Deauville Film Festival, with partner Calista Flockhart on his arm.

In June, while promoting Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Shia LaBouef – who plays Indiana Jones' son, Mutt – told the BBC, "Steven's just said that he's cracked the story."

Domestic Duties
But until it's again time to fight Nazis and Stalinists and overcome the supernatural, Ford says he's happy to be a simple househusband.

"I do the dishes. And I make dinner," he said. "In the mornings, I get my 8-year-old son, Liam ready for school, and then I pass my time flying around in my planes. You see, I'm just like anybody else. My children are between 8 and 42, and I'm also a grandfather."

Though he's got Indy in the works and two films (Morning Glory and The Crowley Project) set for release next year, Ford says there's one stereotypical actor's ambition he's happy to leave alone.

"[Directing]'s too hard, too long, and it doesn't pay enough!" he joked. "To be a good filmmaker is the hardest job in the world. I'm not patient enough. And I don't want to be the boss."

My Personal Note: Harrison Ford is the Greatest Movie Star Alive Today!

Indiana Jones and The Quest for a Decent Script
Indiana Jones and The Search for his Bus Pass
Indiana Jones and The Golden Dentures
Indiana Jones and His Nipple High Trousers

Seriously though i have a bad feeling about this...

I'd be willing to watch Indiana Jones and the Search for the Lost AARP Card. TotCS wasn't great but it wasn't bad enough not to want another Indy film.

I enjoyed the last one, it wasn't as good as the first three, but it wasn't the travesty some make it out to be. However, you can have too much of a good thing, sometimes I think its best to let sleeping dogs lie.

I'm with Mike. KOTCS wasn't bad enough to keep me from seeing another Indy movie. However, the only thing that keeps me from holding my breath:
If the script is good, I'll be very happy to put the costume on again.
So hopefully Harrison and Speilberg will have some say in the story and fight for more actual physical effects vs. the digital ones that failed in the last movie. Additionally, LESS is definitely MORE!

I'd be willing to watch Indiana Jones and the Search for the Lost AARP Card. TotCS wasn't great but it wasn't bad enough not to want another Indy film.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm with Mike. KOTCS wasn't bad enough to keep me from seeing another Indy movie. However, the only thing that keeps me from holding my breath:

So hopefully Harrison and Speilberg will have some say in the story and fight for more actual physical effects vs. the digital ones that failed in the last movie. Additionally, LESS is definitely MORE!

:lecture

I dunno i think it may be time for indy to pass on the torch in this one. In fairness Harrison Ford is now 68 and by the time the movie is filmed he'll be nearly 70. Theres only so much a man of 70 can do in terms of physical action, indeed if he can do any at all. As much as i love indiana jones the age factor is going to prevent harrison from doing a lot of basic stunts and actions. I wouldn't want to see them resorting to stuntmen or cgi every time harrison has to jump or run very fast.

So yeah I think they need to give him a good ending where he can bow out gracefully and maybe introduce a younger jones along the lines of maybe a river phoenix character who was great in his short cameo in the last crusade. I think the idea of indiana jones maybe getting a little stale for people and they probably need to move into new territory to keep the series alive. That is if the appetite of the general public is still there. :whip

Last edited:
I liked 4. It had its moments. I think in the long run it will be a good film. I am a huge Indy buff and alittle worried about them doing another but if they do I want it to be just Indy and a new girl. They need to do a prequel to 4.

I think I'd prefer a prequel to 4 than a sequel as well, but I doubt that's what we'll get. I think we'll get Indy and son to test the waters a little more about a handoff of the franchise.

No Mutt, No Marion = Good movie.

Bring them back and its a family values crap flick. We already got that with Last Crusade, we ^^^^ing get it, hes emotional. He's got loved ones....

Now let him kill some damn nazis with his revolver again.

There locked into this crap now because any one of these could be the last of Indy, and heaven forbid it didn't end happy with him getting married.

I dunno i think it may be time for indy to pass on the torch in this one. In fairness Harrison Ford is now 68 and by the time the movie is filmed he'll be nearly 70. Theres only so much a man of 70 can do in terms of physical action, indeed if he can do any at all. As much as i love indiana jones the age factor is going to prevent harrison from doing a lot of basic stunts and actions. I wouldn't want to see them resorting to stuntmen or cgi every time harrison has to jump or run very fast.

So yeah I think they need to give him a good ending where he can bow out gracefully and maybe introduce a younger jones along the lines of maybe a river phoenix character who was great in his short cameo in the last crusade. I think the idea of indiana jones maybe getting a little stale for people and they probably need to move into new territory to keep the series alive. That is if the appetite of the general public is still there. :whip

Indy is one of those series where if Harrison is no longer involved, let the series die, unlike Bond or Batman. No actor would ever be able to match the charm and ruggedness of Ford. He is Indiana Jones and even if they pass the story off to a "Mutt", they can count me out.

On topic, I'm down for one more. I enjoyed 4, not nearly as much as the first three, but Ford's still got it and if the script is more on the lines of the first three it could be great. Get Kasden back to write it!!!!!!!

Back