TRUE GRIT remake...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
The movie that earned John Wayne his Oscar is the latest addition to the long list of Hollywood remakes going into production.

However, it's being redone by the Coen Brothers, who will be reuniting with their "Lebowski" star Jeff Bridges, who will be playing Rooster Cogburn.

Mighty big shoes to fill, but the new team is too interesting and talented to dismiss. I am interested in seeing what they do with their adaptation of the original novel and film.

I'm actually not a big fan of True Grit. It was a good movie, but not great. I definitely don't think it was Wayne's best performance.

I'll be looking forward to the remake with the Coens at the helm.

If I had to list 100 actors who could reprise the role of Rooster Cogburn, Jeff Bridges would not be one of them :lol

But Coen Brothers and Bridges together again for a True Grit remake is to interesting to pass up.

A True Grit remake.............I think I'm gonna be sick.:sick

If they want to make a western let them write something new but they need to leave the classics alone.

I'll believe it when I see it. This was mentioned early this year, around March I believe, but I don't even think they've done anything with it. I believe they're starting pre-production on another film right now. This sounds like a project that will sit around forever. I would welcome it however if they ever do get to it. If it sticks closer to the source material it will be a great remake.

"I'm the Duke, so that's what you call me. Or maybe His Dukeness, or Duker..."

:whip

Normally I would want to vomit at this news, but I am just nauseous based on the players involved.

:sick :confused: :monkey4

If they want to make a western let them write something new but they need to leave the classics alone.

:lecture

I still haven't seen True Grit. May need to check it out now. Favorite Wayne performance has to be The Searchers for me.

AWESOME John Wayne movie! :rock :rock :rock

Normally I would want to vomit at this news, but I am just nauseous based on the players involved.

:sick :confused: :monkey4

I just can't see Bridges in the lead role. The more I think about the remake the more it looks like a big FAIL.

hmmm..interesting.

i hope it does really well just so hollywood will make more westerns...hopefully not a lot of remakes though.

You guys downing this do realize that if they shot the real True Grit, based on the actual novel it would be completely different from the John Wayne movie very loosely based on the novel. True Grit is a great movie, but it's not very close to the source. If the Coens stick with that it'll be worth the remake. If they do base it off the novel Mattie will be the central character and Rooster is just a supporting act.

like the movie, watch it about once a year
remakes don't bother me that much anymore, I'M NUMB
i don't have to watch them if i don't want to
my Rooster Cogburn is one of siseshow's greatest accomplishments

Last edited:
Looks like this is all geared up to go. Filming will start in March with headquarters being set in Austin, Texas. So far Jeff Bridges, Josh Brolin, and Matt Damon are on board with Bridges set to play Rooster. They're looking to shoot the finale in either Utah, Arizona, or New Mexico.

I love comments that the Coens are lazy and uninteresting. Oh right... it's "Hollywood". :lol Sadly, as with most film adaptations, the Cliff Notes crowd remembers the movie and gives little to no thought about the book. Hell, most of the public at large have little to no knowledge of John Wayne and have no clue what True Grit is. Bring on the new film.

Back