We have the Masters, where is the Knight?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedibear

Figuring it out
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Sideshow has produced some excellent 1:6 figures of the this noble Jedi...
3899132802_f31e291227_b.jpg

And while it's been brought up many times before, but bears repeating...

"C'mon Sideshow...where is the "Jedi Knight" (Episode One) version of Obi-Wan Kenobi?"

Really like the ROTS take on him...

3898323653_c57cd0e195_o.jpg

We've got the excellent AOTC "Jedi Master" version, the "Clone Wars" one and of course the ultimate classic version...

2178688800_25d057c64b_o.jpg

...so please give us a sign that the Padawan version is on the way to complete our 1:6 Obi-Wan collection!

Indeed, we are but one figure away from having the life of Obi-Wan Kenobi represented in figural form.

Plus not is, the one version of him that truly should be on a new, more posable body, will be, hopefully. The Duel of the Fates style poses that would be possible with the Pro should look really sharp.

Dying for it. Maul and Jinn look sooo lonely without him. I don't get why we havn't gotten him yet. :(

Isn't AOTC Kenobi still considered a Jedi Knight and not a Master till ROTS?

But yea, they need to hurry up with AOTC Anakin and Dooku!!

Dying for it. Maul and Jinn look sooo lonely without him. I don't get why we havn't gotten him yet. :(

Maybe Sideshow couldn't decide whether should he come in a Buck, just like Maul and Jinn, or a Pro yet.:google

He isn't a Jedi Knight in Episode I. He is a Padawan.

You know I never thought about it like that. "I was once a Jedi knight, the same as your father"

But he wasn't was he?, he went from Padawan to Master. And since Anakin was very bothered by never making master, that line almost demostrates how poorly Obiwan actually knew Anakin.

I just assumed knight/master were kind of the same things. If you're a master, you can still be a knight, but not vice-versa. Of course, that's just from my point of view

Based on how things play out in the films, my understanding is that:

- All Jedi in training are Padawan Learners
- All Jedi that pass the trials are Jedi Knights
- Jedi appointed to the Council are Jedi Masters

Even though Obi-Wan is referred to as master Jedi in AOTC, I take that more as formal speak, but in ROTS he is a true Master as he's been appointed to the council. My understanding is the true masters are the select group forming the council.

At the conclusion of TPM, Obi-Wan is basically acknowledged as a Knight and granted permission to teach Anakin, in AOTC he's spent years earning a reputation as a Jedi Knight, and in ROTS he's become a Jedi Master.

Yea, I think all the Jedi refer to someone older or elder than them as Master.

"Master Skywalker, there are too many of them. Are you going to kill us younglins?"

A master has successfully trained a padawan to knighthood...So when Anakin gets knighted in Clone Wars, Obi Wan becomes a master...

Ki-adi-Mundi was on the council but not a master because some council members were away, it was only after certain council members were killed that he took a regular seat in the council and when A'Sharad Hett was knighted that he became a master.

Of course the younger jedi still refer to their elders as master...

From what I can tell, a master is any Jedi who is training a Padawan. But there is no rule that a Master HAS to be a Jedi Knight for a given amount of time before taking on a Padawan and not all Jedi Knights do take Padawans. That is dependant on whether the Jedi makes for a good teacher.

And Obi-Wan was a Jedi Knight...for about 7 minutes.

This is just how I interpreted the scenario without going beyond watching the movies for the info.

I think a knight is someone who is no longer a padawan, and a master is anyone with a padawan. So all Jedi masters are Jedi knights, but not all knights are masters. I never really thought of it as a hierarchical arrangement. I don't know if there is anything in books etc. to contradict this.

But anyway, just because someone uses "master" to address someone doesn't necessarily indicate their status.

Jedi Initiate (or Youngling or "Jedi Hopeful") – a Force-sensitive child. Often a prospective Jedi was detected through blood sampling—those with great Force potential had high midi-chlorian counts in their bloodstream. At a very young age, children were removed from their families and assigned to the Jedi Temple for training. Younglings were taught in communal groups known as clans. At some points in history, this stage of training was also called the Jedi Apprentice stage. This was particularly true during the ancient wars when Jedi often started training older beings, and "Youngling" wouldn't fit. The older use of this term should not be confused with the Padawan stage.

Jedi Padawan – an apprentice who began serious tutelage under a single Jedi Knight or Jedi Master. In order to graduate to Padawan status, an Initiate was required to be chosen by a Knight or Master and taken as their sole pupil. If a youngling was not chosen to be a Padawan by 13 years of age, the youngling was placed into another, lesser role in the Jedi Service Corps, or they could choose to leave the Order. Depending on where the student's talents lay, this might be the Agricultural Corps, the Medical Corps, or the Exploration Corps. Padawans who were of a haired species typically wore a long braid of hair behind their right ear. When a Padawan was elevated to Knighthood, the braid was cut during the knighting ceremony. At least a few Jedi, though, were elevated to Knighthood simply by being told that they had passed whatever trials were considered necessary—most notably Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Vergere. Some exceptions of late acceptances to Padawan training were made, most notably in the case of Anakin Skywalker. In the days of the old Order, an Initiate could become a Padawan by passing less formal trials (understanding the Code, building a lightsaber, and facing a trial of the dark side itself)[1].

Jedi Knight – a disciplined Padawan could become a fully trained Jedi once they completed "the trials." The known trials were, but weren't limited to: the Trial of Flesh, the Trial of Courage, the Trial of Skill and the Trial of Self (also known as "facing the mirror").

A Padawan and a Master.
Jedi Master – a Jedi Knight who showed great understanding of the Force and managed to instruct a Padawan and train them successfully to the level of a Jedi Knight. This title could also be achieved through the performance of extraordinary deeds, or retaking the trials. Self-proclamation of the Jedi Master title was rare and frowned upon by the Jedi Council

Councilor (or Council Member) – A very few Jedi were invited to serve on the Jedi Council, the governing body of the Order. The Council was made up exclusively of wise, experienced Masters. The only Jedi Knight to sit on the High Council, Anakin Skywalker, was appointed by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, although he was not granted the rank of Master simply because of this. Ki-Adi-Mundi served as a Councilor while undergoing the process of becoming a Master at the time of his invitation before Anakin, the Chosen One. The Council was made up of 12 masters, five of them holding life terms (two of them designated as "senior"), four holding long-terms, and three holding short-terms.

Master of the Order – The title used to denote the leader of the Jedi High Council. This title was held by Mace Windu until the beginning of the Clone Wars in 22 BBY, when he gave the title to Yoda.[2]

Grand Master – The highest rank of the Jedi Order was that of Grand Master. Yoda was once the Grand Master, as was Luke Skywalker following the Swarm War.

Back