1/6 Scale Ringwraiths Questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaward

Super Freak
Reaction score
This topic may be a bit of a crossover topic with stormtroopers from the 1/6 scale Star Wars line, but I was wondering what people might be thinking for 12-inch ringwraiths. I know at the cost of $50 a pop, to assemble the nine black riders would be around five hundred bucks after shipping, and was wondering what SS might do in terms of ordering limits, or unique features. Would anyone else be interested in getting a slew of ringwraiths? Do you think Sideshow should make nine different versions? For example, one would be the witchking, others could come with different swords, one could come with a steed, etc... or do you think Sideshow should produce one wraith with lots of accessories to allow us to make up our own versions. Just curious how these figures and stormtroopers will be sold, and if they will up the numbers produced as well as the amount allowed for purchase.

Sorry to ramble!

The idea I'm sure is there, however, I think if they were made into 1/6 scale figures, SS would stager the release. Only reason being, I don't think the cost would make sense releasing them all at once, and many would only like to purchase one, and should have that option. Just my thoughts......

I'm sure they will do at least "a" ringwraith not sure if they will do 9 different versions. I would expect at the most probably a WK ringwraith and then a generic ringwraith. I hadn't thought about having 9 ringwraiths but that is something I might do.

One ringwraith, (preferably the WiKi) is a must. But Nine???? That would be stretching it to the max! That's a no from me. I'd rather have a less significant character from the book extra, than two or more 12" figures witch are practically identical.

If one would like to line up 9 of these dark creatures, they could always try to buy nine of 'em. Maybe SSC could make a special "get all nine in one stroke" package... for the "die-harder-than-die-hard" fans...

Last edited:
Even if the edition size wasn't an issue, I wouldn't be willing to pay $450 for a complete set of identical 12" ringwraiths. Until you get to the Morgul Lord in ROTK, all nine had pretty much the same costume. I don't see how they could come up with nine different versions. This is an interesting problem for those wanting a complete set- I would guess that Sideshow might be willing to make more than usual and possibly up the limit per person, but then leave it to the collectors to fork over the $$$ if they wanted a set of nine.

I'd buy a couple Ringwraiths but not nine of them. If they were all different then maybe, but that's a bit more then I'd like on the shelf.

One question I have about the Ringwraiths is how is SSC going to do the empty hoods they have? It would require a bit more then a wire, maybe a plastic shell with cloth glued to the inside and outside?

To say something about multiple Stormtroopers. I'd like to have two. And that can easily be done: One exclusive, and one regular. An other thread discussed the question what the exclusive for a Stormtrooper should/could be, and rather a Stormtrooper should come in an exclusive version. I don't really think it should, since there is so few items that really qualify. But if there is an exclusive version planned, it could have:

-Stormtrooper Electro-binoculars
-MG-34 blaster
-Lewis Gun

The regular could come with the E-11 blaster, which I think is the standard Stormtrooper blaster.

They could make 9 different, but in the SSW line all the wraiths made were the Witch King , the twilight, the Wk on steed, the morgul lord and i may think the bust too, only see the swords in the statues are all the WK so lets see if in this new lines they make another wraith

I would expect only one Ringwraith with a variety of accessories. Maybe even have the Witch King sword be the exclusive accessory. That would really lock the servers up :horror

Having all 9 Ringwraiths displayed would be cool, but like was said earlier it would definitely be expensive. Could you imagine having the 9 all on horseback. But the purchase limits would make it all but impossible to do ordering direct from SS.

Yeah, it would be exspensive but I'd like the chance to buy 9 of them and have them setup in a cool way.

I sold all my WETA statues but one, the Ringwraith on Steed. It's 1:6 scale, so I hadn't even considered a 1:6 figure of the ringwraith. Hadn't entered my mind. How do you improve on perfection?

(Oh, I can't wait to see how Sideshow answers that question...)

It wouldn't be too difficult. The Ringwraiths don't have many accessories so just have them come with all the different Nazgul swords.

I can see Sideshow providing the usual "exclusive" version in lower numbers and then having the "regular" version released in a higher number than usual, probably hanging onto the "TBD" ES a little longer than usual, as well.

Hasbro did something similar with their "Cantina band members" in 1/6th scale. They sold the exact same figure in 6 exact boxes (except for a sticker providing the different character names) and included only 3 different instruments in there. That must have been the easiest money made in the whole 12 inch series. Heck, they even reused the same figure a "seventh" time with "Barquin Dan", a band member in Jabba's band...

Sideshow has sold army builder packs before I believe, with the Gentlemen from Buffy. I could see them selling a bundle of 4 Ringwraiths, with their swords, and make a single Witchking with his knife and sword, in addition to a ROTK variant Witchking later one with the helmet, mace, and flaming sword.

No one's mentioned it yet I think, but does anyone think we'll get a Sauron from the prelude? That'd be very hard to do as an articulated figure, I think, he'd be 20" tall probably. Maybe NECA will make a 19" one like they did for Gandalf, Legolas, and Aragorn.

It will be cool a WK, with the helm, and the goblets as an addition and you can put your Wk as in battle or normal

But if they can't make General Grievous cost out, can they make Sauron? He doesn't have four arms but that's a huge new body... maybe they can reuse it for Ents...

9 Ringwraiths displayed on Weather durrounding the Hobbits, would be really cool....and really expensive too.

I'll get one, but, that's all.

Agent23 said:
...I'll get one, but, that's all.

I agree. It'd be cool to see 9 ringwraiths so I'm just going to buy one and down a bottle of scotch to achieve the same effect.

Back