Kill the Blog?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kill the blog?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
The Blog is an interesting idea but looking at it, I post almost daily and don't even get very many visitors. If you subtract my blog entries and Maulfan's photos you have a total of 23 entries. So if people aren't really using it should the functionality still be there? Thoughts?

Seems like the message board serves the purpose of a blog, for the most part. Same thing with the chat. I figure that's why no one uses them much.

They are nice little extras. I haven't used it yet, but I do like looking at Mike's and Maulfan's every now and then.

They are nice little extras. I haven't used it yet, but I do like looking at Mike's and Maulfan's every now and then.

Same here. Unfortunately, I don't have time to post any of my own, but I do enjoy reading others, like Mike's and Maulfan's.

I often wonder:

A) How many people know blogs are there to check out.
B) How come people don't post responses to anything, you can post messages same as a reply in a thread here.

I'm pretty sure not everyone can make a blog so it's limited right now to those who've expressed interest in having one.

I find it helpful for my photos because I can keep the images together on a given subject and have commentary follow instead of breaking up the images.

I don't really get responses to it though, not like my photo thread, which makes me wonder if people aren't sure what they're doing and don't post comments or if people aren't really looking.

I like the organizational options it gives me but I also want exposure so I may got back to my thread eventually, I really can't tell if people are looking at my work there unless I get responses which I don't.

I say leave it. If people want to use it they can. If not then no big deal really. it hurts nothing.

I am drunk and habing to pay special attention to my typing.

I don't think a poll is gonna make a difference, the ultimate decision is whether or not Dave wants it.

Actually before starting it Dave asked certain folks if its something we'd use and/or think would be beneficial. If the majority said to kill it, then it'd answer that question not only for the posters of the blog like myself and MF but let Dave know what the general gist is in terms of its usefulness.

i never knew there was a blog..i will prob. start to look at them if they dont get wiped.

i never knew there was a blog

I have a feeling many don't, or pay it no mind, the only advertisement of it is self promotion in sigs or whatever and the menu at the top of this site, which I myself rarely use, I'm used to using the same items over and over and hardly look at other things.

I think maybe a 1-2 month trial with something more prominently advertising the existince of blogs on this site and seeing if that effects feedback or no, if things stay as they are, I would say kill it for the sake of server and resources being lost to support it because as Mike said, it doesn't seem to be achieving anything at the moment and I'm sure having the tech run does tax things a bit.

I think it would be more useful if recent ones appeared on the front page. I started mine thinking I'd update at least once a week with a review, but that hasn't happened.

I thought it would be useful for people who don't have their own website but are consistantly creating stuff that others might want to reference. Maulfan's phoblogs are a good use of it.

Actually before starting it Dave asked certain folks if its something we'd use and/or think would be beneficial. If the majority said to kill it, then it'd answer that question not only for the posters of the blog like myself and MF but let Dave know what the general gist is in terms of its usefulness.

Ah okay, didn't catch that.

I've only read a few, there seems to be more of an emphasis on having an entry every day than actually having something to say; and when there is something interesting there is usually a thread that does just as well.

The photos are a different story, they are catalogued and easily accessible.

:dunno

I rarely look at the blogs. I forgot they were even there but I voted No. People are using them. Who cares if noone reads them. :dunno

I only recently bothered checking out the blogs, with The Mike's notes about the Dis/Marvel deal and I would definitely check out his blog from here on out and probably check out others, too.

EDIT - I thought I had clicked on a link in Mike's sig but I guess it was a post. Maybe a little more visibility would help?

FURTHER EDIT - For instance, if Mike photoshopped "My Blog" on the half-t-shirts covering the nipples of the hard working ladies in his sig, and then made the tits clickable, I could almost guarantee ten times the visits.

Clickable tits = successful blog.

BTW is tits a bad word?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back