Custom Batman Capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lforigno

Super Freak
Reaction score
UPDATED 9/2/10

Interest in velvet capes:
1. Pennyworth (floor length) PAID
2. AlanJG1 (floor length) PAID
3. EdwardNygma1
4. Platty (begins)
5. breakersrevenge (long TDK)
6. EndoSickness
7. Remy (long TDK, begins) PAID
8. swo77 (begins, TDK)
9. vader2k (TDK long) PAID
10. GodofWar

Last edited:
What template did you follow? Does the Takara cape have as many curves like the 2nd last cape?... It's just I cannot help but think of the 60's Batman with so many short curves...

What template did you follow? Does the Takara cape have as many curves like the 2nd last cape?... It's just I cannot help but think of the 60's Batman with so many short curves...

I used the Takara batman cape and followed it perfectly... if anything I made it bigger for the original costume and made it floor length for the TDK version

Shows you how bad my memory is then. :)

I don't think I've ever laid the Takara cape out flat.

you should take pictures of the neck with the cape on.......

+

you also should include an shorter version (their are people who still prefer a shorter version for the TDK suit)

you should take pictures of the neck with the cape on.......

+

you also should include an shorter version (their are people who still prefer a shorter version for the TDK suit)

I am making capes accordingly. If you prefer the short TDK cape that is fine and I can also make longer ones. It is which ever the individual prefers. Also I do not have a TDK batman anymore as I am waiting on the DX Batman. I did have the Medicom batman which I had attached a custom cape and also a hot toys TDK batman which I also attached a custom cape and they all turned out great with the same sort of connection.

Exceptionally. Especially the way lforigno is tailoring it. Just pop off the head and neck and replace.

Exactly. Just remove the head and there will be a whole in the cape just put the cape right over the long neck adapter and then put the head back on.... your done.

I just made another update TDK cape. One of the things I did not like about the buddylee capes or the Hot toys capes was how they looked when conected so I came up with this idea. The cape on TDK suit in the movie angles in the shoulders so I came up with this rough cape it is not trimmed yet and that way it would angle inwards instead of outwards. Anyways let me know what you think:

tdk_2738.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

and here is my original one:
IMG_0158.jpg

just let me know which you want. thanks

would love to see it first on a figure to decide of buying one or more :)
Also is the material like the buddylee or more like the medicom?

would love to see it first on a figure to decide of buying one or more :)
Also is the material like the buddylee or more like the medicom?

neither it is much softer, it is thin like buddylees but much softer and looks more like the material from the movie.

Is switching the capes on the HT Begins suit easy to do? Thanks!

lol are you joking? :)

just pop the head off :duh
Hell, I even did a mod, by CUTTING a piece of the front neckpiece and glue the 2 cape holders to the mask :)
you must think I am crazy now :)

I just find it so funny that you acutally ask this, like its a big deal :p
because it isn't, removing the cape is as hard as posing the figure :)

anyway here is my HT BATMAN with modifications and a takara cape.
DSCF1495.JPG
DSCF1502.JPG

@lforigno:
are you going to post some pictures of the neck with the cape on?
because dude, imo I can only conclude wheter it is good or not if the cape actually sits on the figure...
I am still waiting for a picture of the back and how that looks...(on a Begins batman since you do not have a TDK batman)

^agreed. I'm interested in a longer cape for my HT TDK Batman but I would want to see the fit around the neck. I guess I can wait until one can be photographed on a TDK Bats. Also, I must of missed it - what is the cost of these?

Thanks man.

Here is what a custom TDK cape would like like length on a figure. You would have to tuck in the ends of the cape but here you go:

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

The capes are 25 dollars shipped to most places. Also I am only making these until I run out of material and then im done. I will keep some for myself as I will be making more for future batman figures.

thx

but how would that same angle look like with the mask on...?

The cowl would not affect the one above. (Correct me if I'm wrong bud! :D)

That is the TDK ver cape lforigno is showing us.

Back