What are they going to do when Boba and Vader exclusives go up for pre-order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolkiller

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seeing how Obi-wan sold out in an hour, what's it going to be like when they release a Boba or a Vader exclusive? I'm guessing the edition will be larger. I really hope they get the pre-order thing working good. I spent an hour trying to get Obi-wan.

The ES is going to have to be bigger for Boba and Vader because both characters are extremely popular. I think Obi-Wan is one of the favorite good guys and you see how that turned out.

God forbid a Star Wars collector misses out on the 12 inch Vader or Boba. The world as we know it will be over. :horror

Atomic_Bomb.jpg

I think they will just have to stop with exclusives. Some figures don't have much to begin with and if they take an accessory away to be an exclusive, they have even less.

Grevious now can only come with his cape, lightsabers, and guard staff. IF he was made and the guard staff was the exclusive, the guard won't be able to have anything (if they were made).

What would the exclusive Stormtrooper have?

Buttmunch said:
I think they will just have to stop with exclusives. Some figures don't have much to begin with and if they take an accessory away to be an exclusive, they have even less.

That's a very good point. There are a few characters that don't need an exclusive because they wouldn't come with much anyway. It sure would make ordering easier.

I'm really enjoying the exclusives. When the exclsuive thing first began, I was totally against the idea. But I feel I actually earned my holo Sidious and Greivous blaster!!!

I'll go out on a limb and say that just about any character you can think of could come with three accessories plus an exclusive, so I doubt they will stop what has been a very profitable marketing device.

Perhaps they could put the regular version up first and follow it up with an exclusive later on. The exclusive 1/4 scale Luke wasn't announced until after the regular version started preordering. They could do the same with 12" Boba Fett and Vader.

Umm, when Boba Fett and Darth Vader are released....all hell will break loose.

tomandshell said:
Perhaps they could put the regular version up first and follow it up with an exclusive later on. The exclusive 1/4 scale Luke wasn't announced until after the regular version started preordering. They could do the same with 12" Boba Fett and Vader.

That sounds dangerously like double-dipping to me. I've never been a fan of repackaging the same thing with one slight enhancement and calling it DELUXE!!

I think this Obi Wan was so awesome looking that alot of people that maybe weren't that crazy for the character bought it because of that. I think for the Vader and Boba I will go to the phone again. It was successful for me this time although I had good luck online for Luke and Anakin. This being unable to get through will make people crazy when it comes time to order the next figure. :google

Agent23 said:
Umm, when Boba Fett and Darth Vader are released....all hell will break loose.

Yeah, I will be making sure I'm not doing anything the days those come up.

Seeing as I have zero interest in either character (Fett or post-Mustafar Vader) I'm looking forward to being able to relax through a few chaotic pre-order mornings. Characters like Maul, Padmé, and Sidious, however, I am worried about.

Originally Posted by tomandshell

Yeah if that was the case, I'd rather have it the way it is now and be offered the exclusive first. I dont want to be pushed into "double-dipping". If that was the case and the regular version was offered first, many people would be awefully tempted to order right away rather than wait for the exclusive.

As I've said before, Fett, Vader and Maul are gonna make these previous pre-order experiences seem like heaven.

Back