NEW ARAGORN PICTURE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vonhahn

Super Freak
Reaction score
The new picture Sideshow put in thier newsletter of the Aragorn 12" makes him look a lot better.:banana

THAT's what I'm talkin' about! Looks pretty damn good to me. And that's some of the best costume tailoring I think I've ever seen for a 12" figure. :google I'm tellin' ya, these crazy kids have really stepped things up to a whole new level for these SW and LOTR figures. The source material simply demands it.

daelith said:
Still looks craptacular to me. haha.
Nothing wrong with expressing your opinion, but the haha is unnecessary in my opinion.

Personally, I think it does look a bit better at that angle. Still something a bit off with the eyes though.

I'm sorry, but that still looks nothing like Viggo Mortensen.
Sideshow needs to fix this head sculpt before release!

That said, the costume looks freaking great! Sideshow has definitely stepped up in that area, but then again so has many other companies like Dragon and Hot Toys.

You know, I'm beginning to wonder if Sideshow is working with a new photographer, or if their guy is experimenting with new equipment. Product photography (or "tabletop photography") is its own discipline. Lenses can distort, foreshorten, and otherwise mess with reality. These two shots are different enough from one another to make me doubt I should cast judgement based on them alone.

Hey Sideshow, let's see the face shot closeup with a macro lens, and then through a portrait lens (105mm equivalent). I mean, it's digital, right? Shoot until it looks like the figure...

Looks more like Aragorn to me now....I might collect these...

daelith said:
Still looks craptacular to me. haha.

.,.that's pretty harsh,..principally with the sculptors..,,i may not like everything they produce but i don't call their work crap..
:sick move your butt and go work at sideshow if you think you can do better..:rolleyes:

TheObsoleteMan said:
Nothing wrong with expressing your opinion, but the haha is unnecessary in my opinion.
Actually, it was just a quick type after I got a chuckle on another board. Anyhow, not bad for the costume. B-. Would like to see the rest of the oufit/figure...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
Face sculpt isn't off enough for me to disregard that incredible costume and accessory work. I can't imagine what the exclsuive will be. I'd go Lurtz head.

I'm so scared of the price point on these. That costume looks pretty intricate. I smell a strong $60. :sick

I think only $50 -$55. The costume and accessories aren't that complex. I mean he doesn't have armour like an orc would. Anyone know the pre-order day? Next Friday?

I gotta agree with Customikey, that's at least a $60 outfit. I would imagine the orcs and armored characters are gonna be the ones that get up into that $75 range.

Back