Request: District 9 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dansdinosaurs

Super Freak
Reaction score
I would love to see any figure based on the characters of Wikus or Christopher from Neil Blomkamp's District 9. I don't think I'm alone in this, and if Sideshow managed to release something like a miniature prawn weapon with the DVD, it would act as a great cross-promotion.

Film_District9-570.jpg

The format itself isn't terribly important to me, but I'm sure other people will have more specific ideas. Of course, if you have any interest in seeing Sideshow develop something along these lines, feel free to post here and voice your support! :whip

I can see Sideshow tackeling this creature. If they can do the Fly statues, I don't see why they can't do these.

But I'm more interested in the robot.

I thought the movie was pretty good. I would be suprised if SS hasn't already considered making at least 1 PF.

I wouldn't doubt HotToys is already in the making process?

:lol that's funny. MNG spray painted their head.

It's actually MNU, but whatever. As much as I'd love to see D9 collectibles, I doubt SS will make them. There aren't many scenes that would warrant a dio, and single figures or PF's don't really suit the characters. I have a feeling SS are gonna go more with Avatar.

Though, I'm going to see it again today; best film I've seen in years!

Though, I'm going to see it again today; best film I've seen in years!

Thats why you're gonna see collectables, whether from SS or someone else. The movie is getting alot of positive reviews/feedback. For all you know Avatar could be a over hyped flop?

Thats why you're gonna see collectables, whether from SS or someone else. The movie is getting alot of positive reviews/feedback. For all you know Avatar could be a over hyped flop?

That's why I said I doubt SS will make them. And with Avatar, I'm just going by the fact that SS have already got one in the works, so I see them definitely going full steam with that one (plus there seems to be more characters and mechs in it than D9). But, if SS are after interest, then count me in! :D

Christopher johnson ftw!!

:rock:rock:rock

i think they sould do something similar like what they did with that avatar piece, i prolly would not have the money for it, but that big robot with chris standing next to it would be pretty sick or maybe having chris inside the suit itself, no human characters please :D or maybe make that robot as a maquette and a pf of chris holding one of those crazy guns. seeing as SS has had a lot of licenses where they only produce 1 or 2 pieces from the movie, those 2 pieces that i mentioned, i think would sell well because of all the detail in them, and the movie was just so kick ass.

That's why I said I doubt SS will make them. And with Avatar, I'm just going by the fact that SS have already got one in the works, so I see them definitely going full steam with that one (plus there seems to be more characters and mechs in it than D9).

We don't need that type of negativity! Begone!
District_9__as_it_should_be____by_Kendoka602.jpg

:lol j/k

I only want the mech/power loader 1:6 scale !
Come on HOT TOYS !!

Yes, YEEEEESSS! MUHAHAHAHA

A 1/6 mech, Christopher & son, and Wikus

Theres a lot of money to be made with collectibles from D9. Sideshow or HT are bound to pick it up. I sent HT an Email asking them a few days ago, but they haven't bothered to reply.

Theres a lot of money to be made with collectibles from D9. Sideshow or HT are bound to pick it up. I sent HT an Email asking them a few days ago, but they haven't bothered to reply.

Don't forget an 1/6 Colonel Kobus Venter. You need a bad guy.

How about Kobus standing with firearm trained on a partially-mutated Wikus, like the final scene? That would be a powerful diorama, I think.

I think you will hear from them but it's probably their automated reply again. "Thank you for your feedback....blah, blah, blah....." Well, it's better than Enterbay's no reply at all. :rolleyes:

meh i didnt like christopher he didnt fight at all and came off as a punk, ill get the mech with wikus.

Back