So, now that the movie is out, How would YOU have done the flick?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CelticPredator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Where would you have gone with the story?

Who would you put in it?

Who would you cast?

I'd like to see all the fans give their ideas, and have a *ahem* calmer...discussion. :naughty

Add more Wayans Brothers and Mad TV cast members to cast. More CGI. Snake Eyes talks.*

*Note: I haven't seen the movie yet. I assume that he doesn't talk. If he does, ignore last request.

I wont comment on casting but:
a)start with cobra already existing, show backstories in flashbacks
b)much closer to original costumes to keep uniqueness
c)dont save destro and cobra putting thier masks on to the last 2 minutes of the movie

This could be a very cool topic. Firstly, I'd love to stick to the comic book storyline!

Maybe show snake eyes losing his voice in that accident.

While the vehicles they showed were cool, several "real" vehicles such as the Osprey would be cool.

Change out the Joes and show the core team forming up. The minor joes can join in later on.

I know GIJOE is totally unrealistic, but a certain degree of realism would be cool.

Make sure Zartan turns blue when submerged under water in order to stay true to the toys and keep the fan boys happy and quiet.

Preproduction…

I’d hand my wardrobe/costume designers this book, as well as my Order of Battle issues and tell them to make me proud.

The prop guys would be issued scores of oldschool vehicle blueprints and even some actual ARAH vehicles to get a feel for the individual parts, etc.

Scriptwise I’d want to sit down with Hamma and express how I want a story that could take place alongside the original comic, with references to it of course.

The actual film…

The first few minutes or so would be a shot for shot live action remake of the ’87 Joe movie opening. Everything from Claw gliders to Trouble Bubbles to to the CG punching out the video camera. This would probably be the most you’d see of Duke as a ‘main’ character at least. The music would be covered by a new artist. That’d be about the only reference I’d make to the cartoon. I don’t care who you are, oldschool fan or just a Friday night movie-goer, after that setup you’d be mine for the two and a half hours.

Opening scene would definitely be Clutch and Breaker cruising along in the vamp set to hard 80’s/70’s rock like Areosmith or AC/DC. At first it would seem like a joyride of sorts until they come over a hill where the camera would pan out to reveal a goodsize battle involving several Hiss tanks.

Hawk would be in the heat of it, blonde hair and decked out in BDU pants and a bomber jacket barking orders and taking out Vipers with his M-16 as they approach. Beachhead would be leading a ground assault consisting of Falcon, Rock & Roll, Roadblock (NOT Heavy Duty), and Dusty alongside Flint’s team of Bazooka, Footlloose, Ladyjaye, and Gung-Ho. Cut to Doc bandaging up a wounded Quick Kick wincing “One of these you’re gonna get us both killed!”.

Cut to Ace in the Skystriker tearing through a slew of Rattler’s trying to find the one Wild Weasle is flying (it’d have red trim/details). Ace realizes that there’s a pair of Mambas on his tail and he’s trying dodge enemy fire when suddenly one is struck by a missle causing it to collide into the other, both explode. There’s a loud “Ye-Haw!” on the intercom (a subtle yet obvious Star Wars/Han Solo nod) as Wild Bill, w/ Airborne, brings the locust up and helps cut through the enemy barrage of jets and helicopters.

That’s jist of my opening sequence, was this thread for ^^^^s and giggles or were you being serious?

Holy crap that sounds pretty cool lol

Preproduction…

I’d hand my wardrobe/costume designers this book, as well as my Order of Battle issues and tell them to make me proud.

The prop guys would be issued scores of oldschool vehicle blueprints and even some actual ARAH vehicles to get a feel for the individual parts, etc.

Scriptwise I’d want to sit down with Hamma and express how I want a story that could take place alongside the original comic, with references to it of course.

The actual film…

The first few minutes or so would be a shot for shot live action remake of the ’87 Joe movie opening. Everything from Claw gliders to Trouble Bubbles to to the CG punching out the video camera. This would probably be the most you’d see of Duke as a ‘main’ character at least. The music would be covered by a new artist. That’d be about the only reference I’d make to the cartoon. I don’t care who you are, oldschool fan or just a Friday night movie-goer, after that setup you’d be mine for the two and a half hours.

Opening scene would definitely be Clutch and Breaker cruising along in the vamp set to hard 80’s/70’s rock like Areosmith or AC/DC. At first it would seem like a joyride of sorts until they come over a hill where the camera would pan out to reveal a goodsize battle involving several Hiss tanks.

Hawk would be in the heat of it, blonde hair and decked out in BDU pants and a bomber jacket barking orders and taking out Vipers with his M-16 as they approach. Beachhead would be leading a ground assault consisting of Falcon, Rock & Roll, Roadblock (NOT Heavy Duty), and Dusty alongside Flint’s team of Bazooka, Footlloose, Ladyjaye, and Gung-Ho. Cut to Doc bandaging up a wounded Quick Kick wincing “One of these you’re gonna get us both killed!”.

Cut to Ace in the Skystriker tearing through a slew of Rattler’s trying to find the one Wild Weasle is flying (it’d have red trim/details). Ace realizes that there’s a pair of Mambas on his tail and he’s trying dodge enemy fire when suddenly one is struck by a missle causing it to collide into the other, both explode. There’s a loud “Ye-Haw!” on the intercom (a subtle yet obvious Star Wars/Han Solo nod) as Wild Bill, w/ Airborne, brings the locust up and helps cut through the enemy barrage of jets and helicopters.

That’s jist of my opening sequence, was this thread for ^^^^s and giggles or were you being serious?

Talk about a loaded question.

Personally speaking . . .

I'd use as reference/resource the first 39 issues of GI JOE RAH V1 from Marvel Comics.

Hire Larry Hama to draft the screenplay for provide a treatment and work it from there to come up with a solid 90 to 120 minute film.

As much as I'd like to have simply done an intro/origin film featuring the original 12 characters . . . Duke would have been a necessity.

Get rid of Tatum Channing . . . and Marlon Wayans as Ripcord.

I hate to say it . . . but I feel my fondest and precious childhood memory . . . has been "raped" by those bastards at Paramount and Stephen Sommers.

Back