USCSS Nostromo - Blueprints (ALIEN)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Space Jockey

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just wanted to share with you guys a lil' project I've been working on; exterior blueprints for the Nostromo from ALIEN.

I should have these available in a couple of weeks as a limited mylar print.

nostromofront.jpg

nostromoback.jpg

nostromoside2.jpg

nostromoside1.jpg

nostromotop.jpg

Nice! It reminds me how much artists like Chris Foss and Ron Cobb contributed to ALIEN.

My god. For about a minute I was looking at the pics thinking, "What the hell? These blueprints don't look anything like the Sulaco." Duh.

Great prints. Keep us updated on the finished product. Any interest in doing prints of the Sulaco with dropship?

Final View... all others have be amended since the previous updates above to to make them upto date.
I'm getting some pricing done this week for a 24x36" print on mylar.

nosunderside.jpg

Hi guys,
I just wanted to post a quick update on this and where it's at, as I haven't updated the thread for a few weeks and got a couple of questions about availability and requests for the original file I used to create it.
I am unable to provide original files that were used to create them, as after all it is a copyrighted work.
I've amended one or too things on the prints after getting some comments from one of the Alien modelmakers which I'm really greatful for, and it's now complete. I am now in the process of trying to get them licenced; I'll know more once they've gone through their submittal system.
Thanks alot guys, and if there's any questions or whatever or you want to discuss the Nostromo, post 'em up on the thread!
Regards,
-SJ :cool:

Nice... did you do them in 'Illustrator', 'Freehand' or some other CAD software?

I just wanted to share with you guys a lil' project I've been working on; exterior blueprints for the Nostromo from ALIEN.

I should have these available in a couple of weeks as a limited mylar print.

nostromofront.jpg

nostromoback.jpg

nostromoside2.jpg

nostromoside1.jpg

nostromotop.jpg

Excellent work there--well done! How are you going to print them on Mylar?

Well I'd arranged to get them printed onto Mylar at a reprographics company; but then the modelmaker had some comments on one or two things and so did the guys over at propsummit.com.
So I implemented those, and put the 2 shuttlecraft on the front and rear views, as well as Ash's Observation Blister on the underside.
As a result, they look alot better. Initially I wanted them to have a blueprint look that looked technical rather than poster-like...so I did these in Autocad (I'm a cad drafter by trade...).
I've made a start on the Narcissus, though may turn it into a illustrator file.
Here's how it was a couple of weeks ago...at that point not all the text was on the print.

nostromoscalesheet1.png

Last edited:
Back