Marmit Sandtrooper body help!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godaiking

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just picked up two Marmit Sandtroopers for cheap. Not a big fan of the hands and the body.

Is there any alternative body (true type?) to use that would accomodate the fit of the armor?

-Joe

oh yeah! Dragon bodies... Hot Toys bodies... they are both great choices!

I just picked up two Marmit Sandtroopers for cheap. Not a big fan of the hands and the body.

Is there any alternative body (true type?) to use that would accomodate the fit of the armor?

-Joe

I've put together two and am working on two more using hot toys true type bodies. For the first two, I modified some hot toys gloved hands. The two I'm working on now, I'm using the Sideshow Stormtrooper hands.

nayo

I was wanting to know if a Sideshow Trooper body would work as well with the black jumpsuit. I would just wait until Toy Anxiety put them up from the upcoming Sandtrooper figure.

I think the Sideshow Armor body might be too slim... go with a Dragon, DiD or True Type, any of them will work.

i've found the hot toys tt body to be the best for marmit sandtroopers, i tried putting one on a dragon but liked it better on the truetype. as to the gloves, i got me some sideshow stormtrooper hands over at toy anxiety and just popped them onto the tt hand peg, they fit nice n' easy. getting the boots on is a b...h though.

Last edited:
Ok, what do you guys do for the hands, though...? Use stormie hands from SS....Marmit was not really working hands and kinda glued on to the end of the arm armor

So I guess it's True Types with SS stormie hands. What type True Type should I use?

-Joe

i use the regular hot toys tt. be sure to soften up the armor with hot water or a hair dryer, makes it a bit less frustrating to work with it especially the frikkin boots.

What body suit does everyone suggest. The one that I have has become torn in several places.

I picked up a Sideshow Stormtrooper bodysuit and neck seal. The neck seal is going to require that I cut the neck hole on the pauldron a little but it will look good. The Stormtrooper body suit fits the true type body really well.

nayo

So I guess it's True Types with SS stormie hands. What type True Type should I use?

-Joe

Another thing that you have to decide is if you want ankle articulation. If you do, you are going to have to cut the shoe away from the lower leg armor. I used the true type feet inside the shoe and that provided good articulation. I think Mooncat and Yautja have used the SS stormtrooper shoes but have had to make some alterations to the TT body (not sure what).

nayo

I would suggest adding the ankle articulation. It makes a huge difference in poseability.

And the True Type w/ Sideshow trooper hands would be a good option, when I modded mine the better hands were not available.

I have mine on a Dragon body, but Sideshow Stormtrooper hands dont fit the peg holes.

I actually did a mod with a short body for Luke in Stormtrooper disguise and using the Sideshow Short Male Body I was able to get a more correct height for him. To make the hands work I just carved down the Sideshow hands (stock ones) until you could just barely jam stump into the marmit hand... and then I popped that onto the buck body.

lukestormb.jpg

Back