IM Mark III bust issue - Need sideshow reply

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akamonrg

Super Freak
Reaction score
Your customers need help sideshow team, some of them experience issue on their bust recently.

The link to thread:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60803

And photos for example:
P1010943.jpg

ironmanbustePB1.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

Theres the reason right there why I won't buy a Vader bust. I just bit the bullet and am respraying mine.....properly.

These pics really make me worried that it will eventually happen to mine.

These pics really make me worried that it will eventually happen to mine.

Don't look on the Statue Forum as it appears to be happening in lots of cases. If the primer wasn't put on properly it's only a matter of time. This item should have been recalled.

I still don't get why people don't just pick up the phone and call them. This is a fan forum not the Sideshow customer hotline. :dunno

Is this something that is possible to happen with other high end pieces from SS? Or is it due to the nature of what looks like a metallic type of paint? There was mica in the paint of my previous car, and I never had any issue like this, but then of course, an automobile manufacturer would know how to apply metallic paint properly.

I still don't get why people don't just pick up the phone and call them. This is a fan forum not the Sideshow customer hotline. :dunno

Yep but if I didn't write this post a lot of people have ignored this flaw and discovered one day.
Each person who have this problem will see with sideshow but I want sideshow to tell us that nothing like this will happened on IM 1:2 Maquette for example.
I want sideshow to see that something is wrong with this bust.

I have nothing to win, I send back mine month ago when have this issue and was thinking to be alone with 2-3 other french collector.
But finally not, more bust than expected have this issue.

We are on board to talk about all we like but to prevent the community too when something going wrong.

You can read on thread, lot of collector want sideshow to reply on this and guarantee IM 1:2 Scale Maquette will not have this issue.

Ever hear of strength in numbers???

This is a good place to ask this.. followed by a phone call.

In other threads and forums, people have called; but they've been told it will take up to 10 days for a response. I could understand people being antsy about this.

C'mon people, one bust or statue out of many many successful ones does not dictate whether or not all the other ones are going to be awful.

Let's remember all the fine pieces SS has done, including many busts, throughout the years, and within the last year. All successful, mint, high end collectable pieces. And their customer service has been exceptional.

I do agree that the IM bust was, well, a bust. Am I disappointed in SS for this release? Yes. Does it mean all their others will be like this? Absolutely NOT. They are not a fly by night company, they are still a company that does care about their product and quality.

I wish they handled the IM bust scenario better. I wish they had numbered them. But they did not.

They will learn from this, and they will improve.

As a result, I have faith in them, and I have ordered the exc Vader bust. It did not even cross my mind.

And as for starting this thread, as long as it does not get insulting and offensive like some can, this is an opportunity for SS to listen to their customers in order to improve their QC.

Let's remember all the fine pieces SS has done, including many busts, throughout the years, and within the last year. All successful, mint, high end collectable pieces. And their customer service has been exceptional.
The point is it's not just the odd case with the Ironman busts, i've had 3 Patient Zeros sent back because of faults, 1 Ironman bust with bad paint among other flaws and 1 Indy PF who looked like he'd been on the sunbed a tad long. The least said abut the Scar, Celtic Predator bios the better, Predator PF with oversized cannon and head out of scale. The words 'Badly painted Chinese made crap' springs to mind not 'mint high end collectable pieces'.
QC is non existant and i've cancelled all my pre orders until it changes.

In all honesty, SSC hasn't had the best luck with Iron Man pieces. I have almost all of them and every time I opened the box I took a breath before looking at it. Every single Iron Man piece done by SSC has a lot of pieces arriving with scratches and issues with the paint. I'm just surprised that this one has so many....

C'mon people, one bust or statue out of many many successful ones does not dictate whether or not all the other ones are going to be awful.

Weren't most of the Iron Man releases plagued with issues?

Mine arrived in perfect condition and I have had it a few months and now it's starting to flake on the base. It was in a darkly light room and not in direct sunlight. So I would expec this to happen with them all at some stage.

unacceptable at this price point. As awesome as the few "good" ones are, the chance that the paint will eventually chip and flake has definitely decided for me that I will never put down the money for this.

Just speculating here, but either painted when dirty/dusty, bad prime job, or the base material just doesn't hold paint well.

Back