Jack Sparrow PREMIUM FORMAT request...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indiana Fett

Making this up as I go...
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched the Disney Licensing Teaser video from SDCC 2009 and this is AWESOME news! I have been WAITING anxiously for a Jack PF! It is a Must Have! This and Indy (outside of SW and LOTR) were my 2 most anticipated PF's. We have Indy, now we'll be getting Jack!

So far the concept sketch looks GREAT, BUT...I agree with several people who have posted in the DISNEY thread, HE MUST HAVE HIS JACKET AND HAT...at least so he can be posed WITH OR WITHOUT those items if possible. Jack is JUST as iconic with hat and jacket as without...

It would also be great if he was a bit more determined and 'action-y'...holding his flintlock and/or sword. More like how the Blackbeard PF is holding weapons.

I like the standing pose, but I'm not sure how I feel about him holding out the coin...Since I know this is just a preliminary sketch, and several things might possibly change, Why not add the sword or flintlock to the display instead!

:rock :rock :rock

Oh, and a Barbossa PF would RULE too! :D

Thanks Sideshow. You guys are awesome!

I thought that about the CM at first too, but you wouldn't display with the hat and not the jacket really.

Maybe the exclusive can be the hat and jacket?

I thought that about the CM at first too, but you wouldn't display with the hat and not the jacket really.

I agree Dave. I think he NEEDS to have BOTH the HAT and JACKET...with an OPTION to have him wearing them or not wearing them.

I just love that kind of variety with these guys. Just look at the Anakin ROTS PF...you have 6 different possible poses for him based on heads/attire:

1. Sith head - Robe on, hood up
2. Regular Head - Robe on, hood up
3. Sith head - Robe on, hood down
4. Regular Head - Robe on, hood down
5. Sith head - Robe off
6. Regular Head - Robe off

It would be AMAZING if we could do a Jack with option of hat and jacket and switch-out hand:

1. Jack with hat and jacket - flintlock hand
2. Jack without hat and jacket - flintlock hand
3. Jack with hat and jacket - sword hand
4. Jack without hat and jacket - sword hand
5. Jack with hat and jacket - rum bottle hand
6. Jack without hat and jacket - rum bottle hand

I would LOVE for that kind of variety to be able to shake him up a bit on the shelf from time to time...I mean, he'll likely be the ONLY Jack PF we'll get with how deep the Disney line goes...it's not like they can really give us a few versions like say they do with LUKE SKYWALKER or INDIANA JONES...

Just a thought...SS, if you're watching...

:D

I have the Jack CM and while i love it, i was disappointed that his hat and jacket were not included, so yes sideshow please include these on the PF, even if it has to be for the EX version. Been waiting a long time for this one, please give it 110%!

I have the Jack CM and while i love it, i was disappointed that his hat and jacket were not included, so yes sideshow please include these on the PF, even if it has to be for the EX version. Been waiting a long time for this one, please give it 110%!

Agreed! We need the ULTIMATE JACK replica...the more variation on the gear/items for variety of display, the better!

:rock :rock :rock

In all honesty, when I first saw the CM Jack, my knee-jerk reaction was where the heck is his hat?! I didn't even notice the coat until someone else mentioned it.

Yes hat is definitely key but regardless I am probably down for this PF because come on...its Captain Jack Sparrow. Gonna own! Woot!

Question is:

How much would you guys likely pay, of course depending on the captured likeness, PLUS the crazy details added on the Jack Sparrow PF?

In comparison to The Blackbeard PF, which cost $399 with 200 exclusive + 500 regulars, I think Jack will be around that price or maybe even a little less since I know there will probably more made. What do you guys think? $399 and below?

I'm not so much concerned with price as I am with the likeness... can cost $100, but if the likeness isn't dead-on or super close, it's a pass for me :( Hope this is as good as Indy, I thought the likeness on the Raiders one was excellent.

I'm not so much concerned with price as I am with the likeness... can cost $100, but if the likeness isn't dead-on or super close, it's a pass for me :( Hope this is as good as Indy, I thought the likeness on the Raiders one was excellent.

Let's hope Trevor Grove does the Jack sculpt as well (since he did Indy AND Blackbeard, and they look PERFECT!)

I hope the sculpt will be bad, so I dont have to buy this...:banghead

I'm not in the design department, but from observations on other PFs I think the main concern would be how you'd get the jacket on and off, if that were an option? Perhaps both arms removeable at the shoulder joint? But then, I wonder if that puts too much stress on the shoulder joint to hold the pose? AND you'd have to make the shirt removeable as well, or at least easy to get the arms through... and if the arms are bent even a little, it will be that much harder!

Maybe they could have the jacket hanging on something close by - a wooden beam or something?

Sounds like they'd have to make 2 versions - one with hat & jacket and one without.

If you can't tell, I'm also excited about this! Captain Jack is one of my favorite characters out of any film EVER! Can't wait to see this PF!!

I'm not in the design department, but from observations on other PFs I think the main concern would be how you'd get the jacket on and off, if that were an option? Perhaps both arms removeable at the shoulder joint? But then, I wonder if that puts too much stress on the shoulder joint to hold the pose? AND you'd have to make the shirt removeable as well, or at least easy to get the arms through... and if the arms are bent even a little, it will be that much harder!

Maybe they could have the jacket hanging on something close by - a wooden beam or something?

Sounds like they'd have to make 2 versions - one with hat & jacket and one without.

If you can't tell, I'm also excited about this! Captain Jack is one of my favorite characters out of any film EVER! Can't wait to see this PF!!

Thanks for chiming in Dusty. I love that you come to visit us here! :rock

Those are some great points you make about the jacket being removable on Jack, it could prove to be a tricky feat of 'engineering'...

Personally, I would be fine with getting 2 Jack Sparrow PF's if SS decides to make him in 2 incarnations (heck, I plan on getting 4 Indiana Jones PF's, one for each film!) I'm just thinking that since this is a DISNEY line and not specifically a PIRATES line, the DISNEY line goes really, really deep and revisiting Sparrow may not be an option given the depth of the Disney franchise.

Time will tell how this figure nets out, either way, I share your enthusiasm...Jack Sparrow is as iconic a film character to me as Darth Vader or Indiana Jones and is a MUST-HAVE in the collection!!!

:banana

Much like Indiana Jones (his coat does not come off), that's part of his trademark and I wouldn't want to take it off :whip

Back