Gremlins 3???? Any Info?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.L.I.E.N

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is there any news of a possible Gremlins 3? I liked the first 2, I could stomach a third. Executed rightly of course! Here that Hollywood no more AVP!!!

gremlin3q.gif

Re: Gremlins III???? Any Info?

Not going to happen.

Atleast not with Joe Dante...and if without him, I dont give a ^^^^,

Gremlins just are not made for CGI! Gremlins and Aliens have then unspoken bond of never becoming CG! Paul Anderson violated this, and badly.........Don't ruin Gremlins! Get ADI or someone who still is wicked with monster effects.

I think the original director should maybe be a executive producer or something to that effect. Still have involvement but let someone else take it in a fresh direction.

I think this is one I would rather see left alone. I can imagine it ending up terrible for several reasons.

A CGI Alien isnt a bad thing....but the point is they use it too much. If an Alien has to jump around in a crazy inhuman way, then by all means CG that ^^^^er....

Gremlins just are not made for CGI! Gremlins and Aliens have then unspoken bond of never becoming CG! Paul Anderson violated this, and badly.........Don't ruin Gremlins! Get ADI or someone who still is wicked with monster effects.

I think the original director should maybe be a executive producer or something to that effect. Still have involvement but let someone else take it in a fresh direction.

Oh and no...Jean-pierre Jeunet did first. Not Paul Anderson.

Finchers "Digital Dog Alien" was infact a rod-puppet badly compositied into the film...sadly, at least thats what i understand from the many convosations i've had with one of the workshop crew about his time working on Aliens/Alien 3 and that god awful Resurrection...

As for Gremlins 3, it actually started scripting in the late 90's but was shelved, picked up, re-written, shelved, burried in a 2 foot grave with Gizmo, exhumed, cleaned up, re-written, stiched back togeather with the now zombie-fied Gizmo, re-burried and left there till 2005 when they decided it was time to "re-imagine" the franchise...

at which point Gizmo went postal and killed the entire idea's department of 20th Century Fox

so now they have a chimpanzee at a type-writer trying in vain to come up with a brand new idea...something about a Planet filled with fellow Chimpanzee's or something...

Finchers "Digital Dog Alien" was infact a rod-puppet badly compositied into the film...sadly, at least thats what i understand from the many convosations i've had with one of the workshop crew about his time working on Aliens/Alien 3 and that god awful Resurrection...

As for Gremlins 3, it actually started scripting in the late 90's but was shelved, picked up, re-written, shelved, burried in a 2 foot grave with Gizmo, exhumed, cleaned up, re-written, stiched back togeather with the now zombie-fied Gizmo, re-burried and left there till 2005 when they decided it was time to "re-imagine" the franchise...

at which point Gizmo went postal and killed the entire idea's department of 20th Century Fox

so now they have a chimpanzee at a type-writer trying in vain to come up with a brand new idea...something about a Planet filled with fellow Chimpanzee's or something...

Oh, I see.
The film had it's moments, but overall I hate it for killing Newt and Hicks

Oh, I see.
The film had it's moments, but overall I hate it for killing Newt and Hicks

Thats one of the reasons why I love it.

Yeah I know but some of us are still tryin to deny Alien-Resurrections existence......:monkey2

I love that movie. Its awesome. Not as good as the others, but a fun flick.

This is from Empire , 30th July.

Shut your curtains now. Rumours of a Gremlins 3 have been doing the rounds since they finished cleaning up splattered mogwai off the set of part 2, but the plot just thickened slightly with Joe Dante suggesting that a third, CGI-ied instalment may finally be in works.

"I hear they're going to make another one soon," the Gremlins director told us. "I can see why - it would be stupid to let that title go to waste." Just don't expect a straight sequel. "The actors from the first two are too old to do a proper sequel, so I'm sure when the new one arrives it will be a remake of the original."

If this sounds like hearsay from Dante, who'd be surprised to find another classic added to the '80s remake frenzy gripping Hollywood?

Whatever the outcome, Gremlins creator Chris Columbus won't be on board. "I haven't heard about it," Columbus told Empire. "If they do the monsters with CGI, I don't know if it would be the same. They should go back and do it with puppets again, though at this point I wouldn't be interested in being involved."

So what are you thoughts? Is it time for another visit to Mr. Wing's Chinese emporium or should Gizmo and co. be consigned to the dusty shoebox of movie nostalgia?

It all sounds terrible in my opinion. :lol

This needs to be left alone.

I'm sick of them ruining great movies....

As a massive fan of both the Joe Dante films (specially Gremlins 2) the notion of a direct sequel is definitely intriguing to me.

Zach Galligan said in January that Chris Columbus and Spielberg are pursuing a modern-day set G3 to revive the franchise the way The Force Awakens did for Star Wars. My only real concern is the current studio obsession with CGI. The Gremlins MUST be practical for this to work. CGI Gremlins would be a ****ing abomination.

As a massive fan of both the Joe Dante films (specially Gremlins 2) the notion of a direct sequel is definitely intriguing to me.

Zach Galligan said in January that Chris Columbus and Spielberg are pursuing a modern-day set G3 to revive the franchise the way The Force Awakens did for Star Wars. My only real concern is the current studio obsession with CGI. The Gremlins MUST be practical for this to work. CGI Gremlins would be a ****ing abomination.

giphy.gif

Back