The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format Rocketeer

This one confuses me, why I see requests for a Rocketeer PF in threads. It seemed like kind of a mediocre movie from what I remember. What was the big deal? It's been ages and I only saw the movie once, were there other things like a comic or something?

The movie was only so-so, but I still have fond memories of the character. He's a really nice representation of the classic retro sci-fi serial pulp action hero. And he did have a little bit of representation in the comics world--a recolored hardcover collection is coming out this fall:

41813vPIxNL._SS500_.jpg

(The comic did come before the movie.)

This one confuses me, why I see requests for a Rocketeer PF in threads. It seemed like kind of a mediocre movie from what I remember. What was the big deal? It's been ages and I only saw the movie once, were there other things like a comic or something?

Yes, the Rocketeer had started as a popular comic and just a few years later was made into the movie. Also, the Rocketeer was paying homage to the classic serials of the 30's, 40's. Fans of the Rocketeer are usually fans of one or all three: the classic serials, the comic, and the Disney movie.

I'm really thrilled with this piece. I like the Master Replica Helmet and 12" figure and the Elektric Tiki but it always missed something that holt me from purchase. This PF could be the one to get.

This sounds SO awesome. Good thing I never got the 12 inch!:D
Man, they're going to be doing this, Jack Sparrow, and freaking Maleficent! Dare I ask we get some TRON love? Oooo, I want Tron and Dillinger, and perhaps a cyber world Flynn.

I wasn't looking forward to The Rocketeer much, but after seeing the inprogress pics I can't wait! :rock

I LOVE THE ROCKETEER! THIS IS A MUST HAVE! PICTURES PLEASE! Must see the process pics... That movie and the comic were amazing!

This looks awesome, I've got the MR Helmet and noticed this PF seems to have a non-helmeted head which is really cool. I mean Medicoms on its 3rd figure w/ no Cliff likeness.

i've got the MR rocketeer 1:1 helmet too and it's one of my favourite collectibles.

a pf would make a great companion piece. from the video it looks like his pose will be in mid-flight, so i'm curious as to why they've sculpted a non-helmeted portrait of bill campbell.

i've got the MR rocketeer 1:1 helmet too and it's one of my favourite collectibles.

a pf would make a great companion piece. from the video it looks like his pose will be in mid-flight, so i'm curious as to why they've sculpted a non-helmeted portrait of bill campbell.

This pic shows more of an action pose...which is better for a Cliff portrait switcherroo than an in-flight pose! :)

0inprogressRocketeer.jpg

One of my favorite Disney movies and comic characters will FINALLY get a PF!! :banana :banana :banana :woo

Thank you, SSC!!

I hope we get to see a Jennifer Connelly as Jenny Blake PF :naughty :drool :rock

jennifer_connelly9.jpg

I saw Jennifer Connelly at SDCC. She was there for the 9 presentation with Peter Jackson and Elijah Wood. She's gotten alot thinner now than she was in the Rocketeer. I will never forget that perfect cleavage from the movie, that's what I remember the most about the movie.

I saw Jennifer Connelly at SDCC. She was there for the 9 presentation with Peter Jackson and Elijah Wood. She's gotten alot thinner now than she was in the Rocketeer. I will never forget that perfect cleavage from the movie, that's what I remember the most about the movie.

I think that every red blooded American boy still remembers those things of beauty.

:drool :drool :drool

This pic shows more of an action pose...which is better for a Cliff portrait switcherroo than an in-flight pose! :)

0inprogressRocketeer.jpg

oh, ok. from the vid it looked more like a flying pose. but if he's standing then a helmet-less head would make perfect sense.

and yeah jennifer connelly was stunning in the movie. she's gotten way too thin recently, esp in her recent movie "he's just not that into you".

oh, ok. from the vid it looked more like a flying pose. but if he's standing then a helmet-less head would make perfect sense.

and yeah jennifer connelly was stunning in the movie. she's gotten way too thin recently, esp in her recent movie "he's just not that into you".

Jennifer is still fine but I agree that she has gotten too thin. She needs to start eating more and get that gorgeous figure back! :naughty

I know nothing about the Rocketeer and i don't think i've seen the movie but this PF looks like one i have to get :rock

Back